Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Tuck Fire Fund

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 30, 2011.

1. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

Oh its funny...and Ryan I owe you a beer for sure.:D

Wowcars likes this.
  2. Erskine Man

Erskine Man

3. big creep

big creep

burrr that looks too cold!

4. darkk

darkk

Sent what I could afford. I don't know Tuck (Jeff), but hopefully it will all add up to enough to get him and his hobby back up and running. It's bad enough to lose so much, but at this time of the year, it really sucks. Again, sorry man....

5. Diesel627

Diesel627

YES!!! Tuck I am super happy to hear that you got the hex back! I remember on Saturday you were telling me the story on it, but I had my head in work mode, digging through all the ash and destruction, finding every little part and piece I could! The best part was finding parts that you had worked so hard to get, that were still good, reusable, and showing them to you! It was RAD to help! Finding good parts that you could rebuild and still use out of all of this destruction was better than finding deals at swap meets! Seeing the look on your face and the relief that there is hope was amazing! It was an honor to help!

Also! We (The Delinquents cc, and many friends!!) are having a BENIFIT for Tuck for sure!! Thank you wowcars for posting the post from Facebook! That is what we are doing!

I will be posting a thread for the benifit in the next day or two, as soon as we have a set date, location, and time! We are making great progress though, everything is coming together great! So far here is what has been put together!

The benifit will be in January (most likely at the end, if the venue that we are working in locks in!)

It will be here in the TWIN CITIES!

There are 6-8 super RAD local bands lined up!

There will be a silent auction, we have some things, and art lined up for it, but we will be looking for more.

So we will keep all of you guys posted! I hope everyone who is a friend of Tuck, and local, within driving distance, and even far can make it to help support Tuck!!

6. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I can't believe that Hex story. I had several 333 things in the past few days and I feel its directly cause I've been thinking of you buddy... One I woke up with a crazy head ache and looked at the clock.... yup 3:33 am...

7. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

I love the hex.... I think I even owned it for a while...... through one of our trades...but I just diddn't want it to go away.....

The first night I ever met tuck... the hex started on fire! danger! danger!

thatsreally awesome that its home!

8. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Yeah sometimes I'm an idiot. I think I'm being smart at the time... most of those plans backfire- and I usually learn a big lesson. Prime example.

2 more days of cleanup- today and tomorrow... and I should be in pretty good shape for winter. Then I'll start a new thread! A huge reBUILD thread :)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  9. Roothawg

Roothawg

Glad to see the attitude is shifting. I don't know what I would do, if it were me. At the end of the day, it's still just stuff. No one wants it to be destroyed, but at least you can rebuild.

10. donation sent from the Alliance Auction funds

11. 30TudorSedan

30TudorSedan

Sent some funds via paypal. Hope it helps with your rebuild effort! Good to see your great attitude with handling all of this!

12. good day in the land of the tuck

hex rules all,...know this....

germ...you came up in conversation tonight....was it a sign...one has to wonder.

tok

13. After reviewing all the pics i believe s.t.a.b. Was there ...too

14. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

with the hex back home, it's a charmed life here on out.

15. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

UPDATE!!!

Today I think Im going to finish it... except the pile of wood we need to burn and returning a bunch of stuff- got everything put away. Still sorting some parts but I put them all in the back of my great uncles old grain truck- so I can tarp the load and it'll be like they're inside. Its under a hay shed so they can wait out the winter there.

I have to unload two pickups and stash those parts in the grain truck too- This should be it though- time to start a new post and I'll keep you guys up to date on the rebuilding stages. For now I'll work in my garage at the house! I could'nt do this with out you guys- its the truth... I'm gonna be writing lots and lots of thank yous!!! I'm looking forward to that-

I love you guys,
    Tuck

This pic sure looks eerie with nothing there...

Attached Files:

16. Let me know when the building begins, Carla likes to visit her sisters up there in late winter or spring. T

17. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

amazing transformation. ready for a rebirth.

18. Bugman

Bugman

Dude, that bit about the Hex made me so happy I almost started to cry. It's the car that got me looking outside of my VW bubble :)

19. just made a small donation, hope it helps.

20. sorry to hear about this Tuck- just be thankful it wasn't your home, and that noone got hurt- you'll rise again and build soon

21. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Damn thats just mind blowingly awful man! But you have some killer optimism.Good luck on the rebuild dude! *thumbs*

22. racer756

racer756

Any updates?

Your resolve is amazing!

23. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

bouncing back big time,good on you man !

24. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I'm gonna start a new rebuild thread- I've been meaning too I've just been super busy and I mean for real!

I started a job, on top of working here... its my old job working for Perry Lindberg. I'm restoring and painting a 58 chevy convert. I've been working 6am to 3 or so and then coming home to work-

So far other than the fact I feel like I'm running around with my head cut off I've been working off a lot of nervous energy-

It just feels good to be working in a shop with awesome people. Perry worked all of the bugs out of me after tech school and then I went back and got a college degree- I don't think he was too thrilled I went back to college but hes excited to have me back. It feels like home or something- seriously like warm and cozy work environment... I can honestly say I love working there-

I got a compressor similar to what I had up front in the shop- and a blast cabinet and the plan is to blast and clean and save as much stuff as I can.

Tokyo is coming over from fargo this weekend and we plan on posting pics on whatever it is we tackle.

The Hemi thats in my avatar I attached a pic of what the valve cover looked like after the fire- and then after the cleanup in the cabinet. Its a Skat blast cabinet with a foot control- it came with half a pickup box full of different media.

I've been tearing into the motors with the help of Adam Brinker- hes letting me work on saving that stuff in his shop. There is no valve spring "spring" left at all, you can push the valves in with your finger. They're going to have to be hot tanked and magnafluxed and rebuilt again. I'm hoping to save all the internals and just replace the bearnings, timing chain, pump etc etc...

There was a lot of water in all of them- I popped some piston size chunks of ice out of the cylinders. Lots of rust withing such a short span of time... and with lots of scrubbing and oil I think we are starting to get them under control.

I got a cast iron 2 stage 19cfm 5 horse. Its pretty much identical to my IR only its horizontal. I got this and the blast cabinet from a family on Craigslist who's dad is in hospice care. They were stoked it was going to a good home... seriously- They also sold me a 1 horse baldor grinder and a 3/4 horse wire wheel as a package deal.

The idea was to buy tools to start the second stage of clean up.

I'm going to pull back and work in the garage stall at my house.

I decided I'm going to build one car and finish it instead of having several cars and being spread thin- its just the way I've always done it- I never expected something like this to wipe them out all at once. So I'm going to build the roadster- the frame is going to a frame shop to fix the rail and I want to save it. I'm gonna set a date and build it and show it in Detroit.

I was going to post a thread inquiring about some of these burnt tools... some of them im sure lost their temper so I'm sure the metals soft? I dunno. I know for sure things like my files were junk.

I posted a pic of two totally random tools- one a spur that was encrusted in burned steel wool and something else- I remember trying to get it out and I think I gave up- but Perry or someone must have saved it so I blasted it quick... the spur i got with my first buffer.

that pipe wrench was bad.... totally random- Are the teeth hardened on those? Obviously I can't save everything- but some of it would feel good.

As far as all the parts go- its going to be great to clean stuff up.

Oh- my buddy Craig and Brian dropped off a parts washer too! Now what to fill it with??? The stuff they sell up town is water based... mineral spirits?

I will personally respond to EVERYONE even you mr. hudson! :) I love you guys!!!!! You have no idea!

Off to bed- I'll tackle more auction stuff tomorrow sorry for the slow response--->

Tuck

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  25. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

26. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

You're moving along pretty good. Good luck!

27. I was just thinking about you today. Thanks for the update!

28. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

you are an inspiration, my friend.

29. eltoolo

eltoolo

Hey Tuck . I havent been on here in a loong time and didnt here about the fire till about two days ago. Im just in shock and wish I could have healped out. Its awsome that you got the Hex back I love that car.