Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Traditional Car Club Association

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Mar 13, 2011.

1. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Lone Wolf, Corona, Ca.

2. How about a "Million Hotrod Cruise on the Capital" That would get their attention. DC would never be the same.

3. I'm in!!

BloodyKnuckles

4. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

Add the Lehigh Valley Timing Assoc. to your list, I was given the OK at our quartly meeting tonight. We are a group of old guys 70's and 80's with a few young guys in their 60's that brought back our club from the 50's. The LVTA was one of the first clubs on the East Coast to have a drag strip, Convair Field, but only lasted two years before the city took it back. I'll E-mail you info.

5. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Sorry guys , got in late today, a good friend of mine pass away today, I just got some good news, assembley man jeferies had a meeting today with the california air resourse board, it turns out they can't enforse random smog checks on us , with out talking it to legislation, thank god there are still laws that protect us, so for now we are safe, but for the future , if they can get enough votes to pass it in the state senate, they can remove our exemption. I'll keep you guys posted.

6. Terrific idea -thanks for organizing.

We all owe you our thanks !

7. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I have been getting lots of e-mails of support, thanks everone, keep sending them to [email protected] , I still can't get my p.m.s to work. I'll post some more this evening.

8. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

We've met at GNRS :cool:. Nate and I made the trophy....

Anyhow, you arent taking PM's so just email me at [email protected]

9. Good luck with the endeavour. Its very admirable. You've got a tough fight on your hands to maintain the freedoms that you have.

One thing that does seem to play well out here is self-regulation. If somehow you can get that to work without people misinterpreting it you might be well on your way to the government authorities not paying so much close attention.

And because I know someone will ask......international chapters? It would be a handy way to exchange information.

10. Are you sure your email is working?

11. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

ok, i'll try e-mailing you , thanks

12. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

We have a chapter in Germany and I was going to ask our brothers over there , to start a European T.C.C.A. , Australia has always been a traditional hot rod country so why not.

13. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Please send your e-mails to [email protected] , could a hamb expert please tell me why I can't recieve hamb p.m. 's un less the guy sending it is on my friends list? any way in the mean while send to my private e-mail adress, that works.

14. Miguel - Sorry to hear about your friend passing on, condolences to you

15. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

On the topic of registration, I checked with my registration service lady today, the good news is that they are no new registration laws this year for our cars in California, registered verifiers can still verify our cars, dont be cheap and go to d.m.v. yourself, use a regisration service, they know all the loop holes to get your regisration done, their fee's are aboat 40 dlls and worth every penny, you'll save it on buying bottles of pep-to-bismal. Tripple A is good for easy registrations, but some are not good for lost titles, some of their staff doesen't have the experience on reconstructing titles, if you have a project car, get it registered, don't wait till the car is fully restored to register it. D.M.V. is trying to charge market value taxes on fully restored vehicles and not what your actual cost is. The bad news is that the guys with motorcycles are screwed, do to the large number of motorcycle thefts, they have to be verified by C.H.P.

16. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

edit: never mind looks like a new change

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  17. tex1935

tex1935

A.C.C.C. assoc of California Car Club. Looking out for the car guys and gals in California.Join us in the battle. accc defender Steve Bay area director tex1935

18. I sent one 2 days ago but no response.

19. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

we will be suporting you guys and thanks again for all you have done for us .

20. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

sorry if I haven't responded , I have been swampped with e-mails , but I guess thats good news, and a close friend of mine pass away two days ago, and I have a regular job. but please accept my apoligies for not responding to every one. It is supose to rain Sunday, so I will have the time to orginize all the e-mails into regional groups, then I can call some of the people who have offered to help, thanks again for your patience.

21. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I hope you were able to get all your bikes registered, by the way , I wanted to ask you aboat doing the T.C.C.A. t-shirts, call me cause I have been swamp latley.

22. magoozi I will be sending you a e-mail the ROD KINGS C.C. here in Kentucky would like to help.

23. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks again , I will be calling you.

24. Magoozi, The Clutch Poppers want in. email sent!

25. Got your response.Very sorry to hear about your friend.

26. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

One of the things I most admired aboat our hot rod and custom forefathers was there willingness to help each other and their manners, guys like Wally Parks and the National Hot Rod Association , worked endlessly to clean up the image of hot rodders, we now enjoy the benefits of that work, most citys and police wellcome us, but it is up to us to maintain that good image. I grew up going to model "T" and model "A" swappmeets, and shows, even to this day, you never see a need for security guards and the shows are usealy free or very resonable, this is due to all the volentier work they do, these people grew up durring the depresion, and learned early how to make things resonable for everone, and due the most with what limited resorces they were. there events are always well organized and kept clean and without distastful incidents, you are always greeted and thanked for showing up to these show. parking of swappers and show cars are done by different clubs, everbody picks up their own trash, and people watch their manners. We all love traditional hot rods and Kustoms, most of us love the music,furniture and collectables from that era, we adopted their culture and lifestyle and lack of greed. but I feel we need to adopt their manners, we need to learn and excersise TRADITIONAL MANNERS. this is easy to do , when you are at a show, walk up and introduce yourself and your club and offer the stranger a beer or soda, show them your cars and then ask to see theirs, by the end of the show , you will have made a new friend, If you want your club to earn the respect of others , no mater how limited your resorses are , put all your effort in your car, and if you are stumped , don't be to prowd to ask for help, you will be surprized on how many people will be willing to help you. remember your club name is on that car. most of us respect a bad ass car and not a bad ass atitude, don't stand in a corner pounding beers and giving hard stares, go out and mingle with people, you will find that it is more fun than getting shit faced, asign one of your club members clean up duty, pick up your trash, and don't leave a piramid of beer cans on the ground, I love the taste of a cold Corrona in a glass bottle, save that when you are home , use canned beer and beverages, and always be discrete and bring plastic cups , you will see that security personel will respect you for it, and will look the other way when you are drinking a beer, GLASS BOTTLES are our number one enemy, they punture tires, hurt people and are used in fights. I'll post some more this evening.

27. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

all my stuff is titled, let me know on the shirts

28. bobjob55

bobjob55

anything near Casa Grande Arizona ??

29. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Well I keep getting a ton of e-mails, I never expected such a large response, I am making a rough draft of the guide lines of the association, don't worry , they won´t be a bunch of rules, that would take all the fun out of this. It' will be something you guys could down load and use to promote the association. Besides using the association to help us with goverment issues, it is also a social tool that can make our hobby more fun. I talked to Kevin Sledge today and we all ready started planning our anual event, besides this , I think that each regional group can organize weekly or monthly cruizes, this is fun because it gives you the chance to meet the other clubs in your vicinity, in southern california we are spoiled, we have events almost every week, but that is not the case in other parts of the u.s. what do you guys think?

30. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

Good stuff Miguel, alot of us felt for some time that this needed to happen, but didnt act on it. Thank you for all you do (and have done) for our hobby. Your a solid guy and you have our support.