Register now to get rid of these ads!

the strangest thing happened today...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamin' ace, Aug 8, 2012.

1. pontman

pontman

Chicken Hawk?

2. Did he tell you to quit falcon around and let him out?

It would have been a real hoot if it had taken an owl or two.

3. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Had a Cardinal trapped in the garage one day, and two of our three cats were going insane trying to get it... the two that have all their claws. They were running up the pegboard, jumping off the shelves, it was like a feline demolition derby in there while me, my wife and my son were trying to herd the thing out the garage door.
    After FAR too much time and effort, I finally caught the bird in a fishing net and released it outside--it flew straight across the driveway and into a Leland Cyprus tree, about 10 feet up.
    And Bad-Ass Bob, our tom cat with no claws and a sagging belly, pranced over to the tree.
    Five minutes later, Bob pranced back with the Cardinal in his mouth and ate everything but some feathers and the head... on the door mat in front of the door going into the house.

Last hunting season I was sitting on the top of a rise, in a treeline in some brush waiting for deer to walk through the little draw down below me; I was in camo, with a plaid wool ball cap on, and my bare hands folded in my lap. I caught a blur of movement out of the corner of my left eye, looked up and toward the movement just as a HUGE blur went "WHOOSH!" right in front of my face... I felt the wind and heard it... and it's wingtip hit the bill of my hat and nearly knocked my hat off.

I spun my head around just in time to see a big hawk weave through the trees and disappear.

I guess the way my hands were folded in my lap, it thought they were a mouse or kitten or rabbit or something. I frequently wonder how much damage it'd have done if I hadn't moved my head and it had continued it's dive at my hands instead of banking away at the last instant.

-Brad

4. 56FRLN

56FRLN

My dad has a marmot living under one of his wood piles behind his shop. The thing wandered into the shop one day and no one saw it - doors went down that night and when they went back up the next morning the thing had destroyed all of the insulation on one of his large overhead doors trying to get out. Couldn't find it but the next day found where he had gotten into boxes of stuff on the 2nd floor. Left one of the doors open slightly the next night and haven't seen it since.

[​IMG]

5. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

"I say son! Listen to me when I'm talkin at ya!"

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Harms Way

Harms Way

Flying Rats,...... There poo is toxic and if you even get scratched by them your in for a regiment of inoculations that last for several months,... They carry a lot of disease,.... there ugly AND,.... get used to building bat houses,... as they over populate they will look for other places to nest,.. like in your attic or anywhere else they can creep into your house... They can literally get through a crack 3/8" of a inch wide. I'll buy a can of "OFF !"
    Thank you very much,....... But for you guys that love em' .... Come and get them,... there all yours !