Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Secret Power of the HAMB...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Especially when wearing sandals or Crocs. :D HRP

2. Blade58

Blade58
    from apopka ,Fl

No Doubt the place to be for "Gearhead" advice

3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amen, Jay, this place has tremendous power due to the incredible people: deep experience back to the beginning, unbelievable collective brain trust, fantastic humor, outrageous skills, huge heart . . . outstanding World!

4. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

danmarkskort_bynavne.jpg
    If you can find South on the map, there is a long thin Island with the name Rudkøbing on it. and below Rudkøbing is where im from. am i using the name rigth?

It meant where the south is the most unspoiled, and true? Correct me if im wrong

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. are there alligators and swamps?

6. i have also seen advice for; real estate, health issues, dating and marriage and now even wardrobe advice.......gotta love the hamb.

hotrodharry2 likes this.
  7. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I've met some pretty cool people from the hamb. Including you, Ryan at baileigh class this summer.

8. Brandi

Brandi

We were just talking about this at the HAMB Drags in August. My best pal and some of the nicest (and most entertaining) people I've met are from the HAMB.

9. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Nope, we have neither, we have a shitty climate, but it very good farm land. So its not Ddep enough for you Fellows? or not the rigth kind of South?

10. e1956v

e1956v
    Alliance Vendor

The good farm land is a match to our deep south but are some of the people in Denmark's deep south well......lets say colorful? (rednecks);) :) Said with all due respect and love for southern folk.

11. catdad49

catdad49

This is my experience with the HAMB. Way back in 2005, I was trying to put front brakes on my T bucket( it had Econoline spindles) and I was finding everything but the backing plates brand new. Tried sourcing them locally with no luck, so let's try a post on the HAMB. Within a short period of time I received a response from 41Dave who happened to live in Adelanto, Ca.(look it up, the Roy Rogers Museum used to be there), saying that he saw some Elines at the local yard and he would check for me. We talked back and forth and I ended up with what I needed and made a new friend, all through the power of the HAMB. I continue to spread the word about this site and after feeling guilty about it, joined in 2014! Ryan, Thanks again, Carp

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.
  12. Have met some great people here. Some even have red rims on their cars!:rolleyes:
    All kidding aside, not only on the HAMB but guys into the traditional hot rod thing. Met a guy a few years back at a swap meet, sold him some wheels and tires. He has become a good friend, that is always there to lend a hand. :cool: Almost forgot I had the pleasure of meeting HRP and his lovely Wife back in April. Good Folks!:cool::cool:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.
  13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Did he paint the wheels red??:D

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. Actually the wheels were red:eek:

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. paintspill

paintspill

love this thread. every google search i did for advice had a link to one of the posts on this page. so i knew i had to check it out. the people are amazing here and have been super helpful for a newbie like me.

16. dang.....note to self.....post more.....get more Christmas card's.....

17. I even have a relative here on the HAMB that is always there to help!:D

18. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Do he run red wheels?

There are some talented, skilled and funny people on here.

19. No only Redheads:eek:

20. seatex

seatex

I love the place, I've met some great friends, gotten good and bad advice, and have been inspired and awed by some of the mad skills so many of you possess. Fortunately there are fools like me on here as well so I don't feel totally inadequate!:confused:

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Two words. HAMB Andy.

22. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Amen. Had forgotten about that!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. woodz

woodz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well said Jive Bomber.
    Great people on here! Proud to be a member.
    And a thank you to all the help, great advice and encouragement I have received from so many people since I started my project.
    The HAMB rocks.

Nailhead Jason likes this.
  24. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How about changing your name ? Just kidding. I enjoy your off-the-wall comments. They keep the humor flowing, not that there is no one else doing it. I am sure you attend the best Texas has to offer, the LSRA. I look forward to meeting your crazy ass next April. Keep the shit going, 3-W.

25. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had to read this quote twice. I thought lothiandon said "poontang". By the way, what is poutine ?

26. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think the HAMB/JalopyJournal are the best things since small block Chevies. Information from around the world gets shared daily. What more could car nuts ask for ?

volvobrynk likes this.
  27. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Way back, maybe 40 or more years ago, the was a song on country radio stations about "White Socks, Rednecks, and Blue Ribbon Beer". I sorta liked that song, and yet today I still try to live by it.
    White socks are my choice for everyday, kicking around the house and shop, etc. You never have to look for the matching sock! My neck stays red from driving around in the hot GA sun in my roadster every chance I get. Blue Ribbon Beer has been a favorite fot lots of years, plus it's cheap.
    And no question about it, the HAMB is where it's at!!!!!!!!!!

volvobrynk likes this.
  28. ........................I know what that is.;)

volvobrynk likes this.
  29. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Yes, know that is although it has been quite sometime since I saw someones.

So what is pountine

30. It was an honor George and I'd do it again if you needed the help.