Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Secret Power of the HAMB...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

The Secret Power of the HAMB...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

how do I get off of everyone's Ignore List

3. The power of the HAMB was illustrated to me 15 years ago when I had a major problem with a M-II vendor. A simple post led to a firestorm that may ripple to this day. Once I overheard the situation being discussed at a rod run, I knew that the HAMB was THE place to be. And this when there were maybe 10,000 members, though likely less.

Cosmo

volvobrynk and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. BLAKE

BLAKE

I think about this every once in a while. I have cool friends all over the world, and I have friends who are practically family close-by... all thanks to the HAMB.

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Finish a dadgum car already!!

6. I've often said, It's about the cars for sure but, it's really about the people.

7. Just kidding @3wLarry

@Jive-Bomber, right on target (as usual)...this is a great place and it's full of great folks! Makes going to the local swap meets, cruises, and shows that much more fun...sorta like a family reunion.

8. belair

belair

A picture of a frame would help. But remember. Every reply you get to this means there is someone who doesn't care enough about you to ignore you.

9. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

A number of years back I had bought an "A" radiator shell from a Texas HAMBer. I was contacted by Kerry (fellow Vagabond) who was taking his coupe to run at the drags down there and offered to drop it by on his way back to Kansas.
    The Sunday night he was to have come through we had major storms, thunder, lightning, wind hail, you name it we were getting it.
    I figured no problem he is probably holed up somewhere riding out the storm and I would catch him later. About 10:30pm my phone rings and it's Kerry asking "where do you live" i'm across from the Walgreens.
    Keep in mind he is in a fenderless coupe, exposed engine 671 blown early hemi in the rain.I met him and tried to convince him to spend the night but he wanted to get home so off he went into the night.
    Hard core for sure but I don't think I have many friends around here who would go out of their way like that to help out.
    I've been around since the early days and have buddies all over the country now and a lot I have met in person at events. Disneyland says it's the "most magical place on earth" I think it may have to settle for second place.

10. ^^^^Great story^^^

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

I think the real secret power of the H.A.M.B. is the vast amounts of knowledge on here. Post a I.D. thread or "what is this" thread on any part, piece or whole car and with in 15 minutes guys will be all over it searching old parts books or Google images, or they just plain know what it is.

12. My wife and I took a trip out west a few months ago. We networked with @ eight different Haambers along the way and visited some reallycool garages and stashes.Never would have happened without the hamb. Tim

Saxman, 117harv, Hudson52sam and 2 others like this.
  13. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Jive-Bomber,

AMEN ! Every word you said is true. I've always said "we're all in this together". And, we are.

Thanks for Posting this.

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

Saxman, 40fordtudor and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  14. [​IMG]

You got a mental problem Gary! HRP

knotheads and 3wLarry like this.
  15. hehehehehe

3wLarry likes this.
  16. start taking your meds again;)

falcongeorge, 3wLarry and gwhite like this.
  17. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

Like Jive Bomber said, "Try to get that with your magazine subscription! "Better than facebook"!!!

18. tikiwagon13

tikiwagon13

A few years ago I responded to a post on the HAMB from a fellow in Ohio who was coming up to Ottawa for a Rockabilly/Car Show near by and was asking about it. I invited him to join us for the hour's drive to the show, he showed up at the meeting spot, introduced himself and his wife to everyone. I invited them over for dinner the next day, got him hooked on poutine and now every year they make the trip up and stay with us. He got me to go to TROG last year, I got him to go to the Jalopy Jam Up this year and we have built a very good friendship, all because of the HAMB.

19. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ BRIBE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

firstinsteele and 3wLarry like this.
  20. I have made a lot of amazing friends here on the hamb,some I know personally and many more I have never laid eyes on...but their friendships means the world to me. HRP

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  21. pontman

pontman

I was wearing my Gene Cromer Moonlighter t-shirt wondering around a car show and had a couple guys interduce themselfs as hambers, don't remember there names but nices guys.

HOTRODPRIMER and volvobrynk like this.
  22. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

This place is so unique I fail to explain why because it's bigger the words!
    It's wonderful, weird, friendly, hard core and requires thick skin and a soft touch.

The wisdom of hamb is infinitive, world wide and all know and has time/place for everyone!

I got so many friends in here, I talk to so many people and I'm so adicted.

And regarding that Coupe, I see nothing wrong with it! !!!
    Funny to see hot rodders without beards, big dun glasses and tattoos. Lol
    Those lads look just like me, except for the white socks. :cool:;):D

23. By waiting patiently, dadgumit :D

24. .......................Okay I'll bite, what the hell is poutine???:D:eek::confused:

hotrodharry2 and bowie like this.
  25. Sorry, excuse me...

dadgummit. :)

3wLarry likes this.
  26. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

French Fries, Cheese Curds, and Gravy

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  27. Sounds good except for the cheese turds.:D

28. Don, having a relative from Canada I learned of poutine many years ago,personally I don't care for it but my sister loved it.

I think it would be a great improvement to use Cheetos instead of the cheese curds. :D HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  29. S.F.

S.F.

Vladimir Poutine?

Attached Files:

55willys, 4ever18, enloe and 3 others like this.