Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Rodder’s Journal is giving away FOUR complete sets of magazines!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRJ, Dec 16, 2016.

1. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 5.11.01 PM.png

We recently announced that we’re giving away four complete sets of The Rodder’s Journal this winter, and after talking to Ryan, we thought it’d be a good idea to fill in a few details. The H.A.M.B. has been extremely supportive since the beginning, and we’re excited to share this opportunity with you guys.

In short: everyone who starts or renews a subscription—including TRJ/H.A.M.B. Alliance subs—in December has a shot at taking home these full sets of TRJ. The giveaway includes new subscriptions, gift subscriptions, renewals and international subscriptions. If you purchase any of these, you’re automatically entered in the giveaway.

We’ll pick a winner at random from each of the four subscription categories. The winners will be announced no later than January 13th.

So what about the magazines? We’ve raided our libraries and personal collections to gather a quartet of full TRJ collections—73 issues totaling more than 10,000 pages of the best traditional hot rod and custom car journalism. From the super-rare early issues to our latest offerings, this is your chance to get every piece of The Rodder’s Journal story. Looking for more? Click here.

We’d like to thank you all for your continued support, and Ryan for letting us post this.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
    Your Friends at The Rodder’s Journal

P.S. We also have new certificates for gift subscriptions that pay homage to the old dry lakes timing tags. Looking for a last-minute gift? Grab a gift subscription and we’ll email you the certificate. No shipping, no waiting, no problem.
    Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 11.56.03 AM.png

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    48 Ragtop, HEMI32, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  2. Wow cool! I need to renew great time to do it.

3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

So, the question that I have is this:
    Since I am a lifetime subscriber will I and the other lifetime subscribers be eligible to win one of these sets?
    Please say yes :D :)

4. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

The answer is: YES! All Lifetime members are automatically entered, but those who also buy a gift subscription will have their name entered once again.

5. WOW!

I've been meaning to renew my Alliance, Done and done
    Thanks for the chance!!!!!

TRJ likes this.
  6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Thats great. Merry Christmas :cool:

TRJ likes this.
  7. I entered by renewing my subscription, and I received #73 already! Thanks!

TRJ likes this.
  8. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

Just renewed per offer, and I would also like to thank your staff for promptly correcting my subscription
    issues earlier this year. You have a 1st class act.

TRJ likes this.
  9. DowntimeDesigns

DowntimeDesigns

New to the HAMB, but been reading TRJ for some time, this giveaway is the perfect kick in the ass I needed to subscribe, DONE!

TRJ likes this.
  10. sololobo

sololobo

done deal Lucille

11. Been meaning to subscribe again, this just kicked over for me.

12. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Lifetime subscriber here! I would love to get my hands on the early issues for my collection and to share any doubles I have with those who haven't heard of TRJ!
    Thanks for putting out a top shelf magazine, I'll be a supporter for years to come!

13. Lifetime ? Gezzz Louise....I just renew every Sept.....guess my timings off again ! That's my new tag line as well - so don't steal it.......

14. Have the winners been announced yet? Was supposed to have been by the 13th.

DougO68 likes this.
  15. Has a winner been selected?
    Still crossing my fangers!

Scooterville likes this.
  16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

????? Winners???

Thommyknocker and Scooterville like this.
  17. 32Stoker

32Stoker

I spoke to the TRJ folks at their GNRS booth today and they said they had not yet selected a giveaway winner (obviously). I couldn't quite understand their reasoning for the delay but it sounded like they had their hands full with the show and some unforeseen printing issues.

18. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

Thanks for asking and time will tell....

Blue One and Scooterville like this.
  19. Aluminum1929

Aluminum1929
    from Troy,MO

I could definitely use some of the first issues since I was a little late to the show. Since I'm a lifetime subscriber now it would be cool to have em all!

Scooterville likes this.
  20. Jeremy Jalopies

Jeremy Jalopies

I got a few issues through work(I work in advertising) and Im sure this isnt news to anyone but theyre so damn nice. Theyre not sold locally so Im extremely grateful for such good dudes doing amazing work.

TRJ likes this.
  21. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

Hi everyone,

It's been a crazy couple weeks here at TRJ between finishing the latest issue and heading south to the Grand National Roadster Show. The good news is that we're announcing the winners on Friday as the grand finale of our Rodder's Journal Giveaway Week. Thanks for your patience everyone.

Cheers!
    Joey

22. The winners!

Gift Subscription – Stephen Moore – Fairview, Pennsylvania
    New Subscription – Sam Cady – Nevada, Iowa
    Renewal – Fritz Walter – Mercer Island, Washington
    International – David Green – Victoria, Australia

Thommyknocker and TRJ like this.
  23. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

I want a recount!
    Really guys, congratulations.

Scooterville likes this.
  24. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Congrats to the winners. I see that not a single win went to a lifetime subscriber :(
    Seriously however being a lifetime subscriber I have already won :cool: :)

Scooterville likes this.
  25. How do you know this? I would assume lifetime subscribers would have fallen in which ever category they were when they subscribed a renewal, a new subscription an international order....

26. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Good point. That isn't really made clear. I was told however that a lifetime subscriber was automatically entered regardless of whether they bought a renewal for a friend or a gift for a friend etc., etc.

All of the lifetime subscribers from the short offer a while back were apparently entered.
    Of course buying a second sub or a gift sub gave extra chances to win.

Maybe one of the prizes did go to a lifetime subscriber. Hmmmm :confused::D

27. roadster1923

roadster1923
    from Girard PA

I was the gift subscription winner and I am Lifetime Subscriber #023. I didn't realize that I had entered a contest until my wife informed me 2 weeks ago that Rodders Journal had called. I am very grateful to the Rodders Journal folks for their prize!

28. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Congrats on the win. Well done.

LOU WELLS likes this.
  29. Aeroman

Aeroman

My wife got me the TRJ subscription for Christmas. It is a work of art. Great work

TRJ likes this.