Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The resurrection of the Mitchell/plowboy/jeffreyjames/peterson32/now titus's 32 coupe!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by titus, Sep 16, 2014.

1. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I gotta agree with HRP. To take what most would consider worthless junk and bring it back to life is beyond cool. This project represents one of the things I like the most about the HAMB. Subscribed!

Rob_A likes this.
  2. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This the same car from a different angle? Popped up on the pics from days gone by thread the other day.
    32 drag car 2.jpg

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  3. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

All I can say is WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. I like what you have put life back into......Great work

5. titus

titus

Phillips, sure looks like it, thanks for adding it here.

6. titus

titus

made a little bit more progress.

started working on the subrails and tunnel stuff

downsized_0923141913a.jpg downsized_0923141914.jpg
    Then i worked on the door tops, cut it loos and extended it, still have to add some to the front edge and finish were i extended the door top, and the roof too, but with it up on the chassis table i cant reach so that will wait till its back on the ground.
    downsized_0923141951.jpg
    also got the rear corner welded up
    downsized_0923141952a.jpg
    and got the cowl patch welded on, i didnt have quarter patches yet so i just zip screwed a model A one on for now, ill get the 32s coming shortly, then i need to borrow my buddies shrinker stretcher so i can finish where the quarter meets the roof then i can finish the sails etc etc.
    downsized_0923141952.jpg

AHotRod, Dave50, Squablow and 3 others like this.
  7. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Look'n great man! I'll bet your real good at jigsaw puzzles too. How deep is that channel job?

8. titus

titus

yep, puzzles are fun :)

I thinks its arond 5 ir 6, little more than i was expecting as the bottom of the car was pretty well rusted off and someone cut 1" off the front cowl band at sometime so it was prob 1" more than i expected, i wasnt going to go back and unchannel it because i would have to reverse most of the work i just did and i can deal with the channel!

9. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Your doing a great job piecing that body together. I have one almost as bad and it is motivating me to start on mine.

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

LOVE it. All fenderless '32 5 windows should be channelled, it should be a law. Subscribed.

JimSibley and loudbang like this.
  11. Good to see this getting put back together. Nice work and I love the engine you chose.

12. F&J

F&J

That extra channeling, with cowl hanging lower than the frame, makes it look exactly like many early builds. These days, most people would try to get the cowl bottom to match the frame bottom edge, and that may look cleaner to most people, but I like the old way better. Nice build. Nice motor choice.

falcongeorge and bowie like this.
  13. Nobey

Nobey

Way to bring it back Titus, it looks fantastic.....

14. Titus: I know its not channelled but its still inspiring. I've had this pic for @50 years. Tim

Attached Files:

wingnutz and sko_ford like this.
  15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Well, it may not be channelled, but it does have cycle fenders with some REALLY NICE bobbed stockers on the back...:)

16. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Watching. This is gonna get good.

17. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Gonna be a killer build. You have the recipe and the ingredients. Now you just need to put em all together and cook it.

18. titus

titus

got a little more done on it, kinda feeling a little under the weather so havent been out in the garage as much as i wanted to, damn allergies!

I also looking for a left wheel well for the car, would like to find original, and i need some of the wheel opening bead also, anyone got a chunk :)

downsized_0925141144.jpg downsized_0925141644.jpg downsized_0925141645.jpg

AHotRod likes this.
  19. Looking good my friend....Keep it coming..

20. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

I think mine needs channeled

21. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Looking real good T ! Now let's fix those allergies and get a move on.

"I need my mirror boy"

22. titus

titus

Thankfully my allergies are done with for the year, but ive just been busy working on customer stuff so ive had to take a brake on the car for a bit, hope to get back to working on it soon but well see, i have a very busy schedule for the next 6 months!

23. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

That's livin. I only feel alive if I'm backed up with impossibility even though I complain about it sometimes in the thick of it. Now get to work. Wyatt

"I need my mirror boy"

24. -Brent-

-Brent-

Looking good, Titus!

25. titus

titus

got a little more done here and there, got the rocker modified to the correct length and put the quarter patch on it also, then i started working on the front suspension and working on a radiator for it too, its channeled pretty heavy so i ended up with a mustang aluminum radiator, ditched the hole top tank and started making a new one, ended up modifing the front crossmember to get the radiator lower, it basically raised the car another inch but the super deep dropped axle will help with that. the front axle is an odball, its a 37-40 axle with dropped ends welded onto it, i was thinking it was a okie adams axle but now not sure, its neat no matter what!

1116141700.jpg 1116141701.jpg downsized_1125141725.jpg downsized_1125142157.jpg downsized_1125141726.jpg downsized_1125141726a.jpg
    also farted around with a messed up studebaker intake that im turning into a blower intake, probably wont end up on the car but fun to play with!
    downsized_1125142137.jpg

kiwijeff and AHotRod like this.
  26. damnh6

damnh6
    from australia

Great to see another coupe saved !!! Will follow with interest .

27. Stitching that body together...excellent Frankenstein build! Love everything about this, nice work.

28. alchemy

alchemy

I appreciate the extra time it took you to make the rocker seams look like Henry made them. Good job.

29. Awesome work. Love seeing this one come back to life.