Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Reprinting of Felsen's "Hot Rod"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

The whole car community thanks you for taking on the huge task of orchestrating the reprinting of this classic book for a whole new generation of gear heads. For someone who knew nothing about old cars to see the importance of this book to the car culture, I say thank you for your hard work.

2. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Holly did a superb job of getting this all put together to honor her Dad, and her foreword and rare family pics make this reprint an instant Classic on its own merits.

Thanks, again Holly.

Jonnie

3. hjfelsen

hjfelsen

Love reading your posts. I am working hard to get the other books out in an affordable set.
    Always enjoy hearing the stories from the readers. Can’t believe my dad had the ability to touch so many lives.
    Keep those stories coming!

4. scrubba

scrubba

While some of the vocabulary may be a might dated , the message remains true today as in taking responsibility for ones own actions ! scrubba

5. Read HOT ROD, STREET ROD, and CRASH CLUB in junior high school (early 60's). Just finished re-reading an original hard back of HOT Rod on a plane to Seattle. Just scored a scruffy hardback of BOY GETS CAR. Looking for the rest of them.

6. Hellfish

Hellfish

Felsen's daughter (grandaughter?) will be selling reprinted copies of these books at the Pileup!

7. Damn, there goes the spare cash! :D

8. Any news on more books coming?