Register now to get rid of these ads!

"The Reason..."

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toby Denham, Aug 30, 2010.

1. If this You Tube video has been posted already, I apologize. I couldn't find it anywhere on the HAMB, so I decided to ad the link. At any rate, it is way too good for any of you guys to miss.

Many of you who grew up in the 50s and 60s (and even 70s) are going to be able to relate to this on some level. Be sure to click on the "chevron" to the right of the poster's (vintagedragsters) description so the full text will drop down and can be read. It's important to read that before viewing the video.

Happy viewing!

The Reason ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsGA2-XnTcU

2. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I enjoyed it. Thanks

3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Cool video with great footage

4. Thanks for sharing, Toby - As you know, we're both old enough to remember watching Annette go through puberty on the Mickey Mouse Club back in the '50s. :eek:

I'm not sure if they were better, but they were good times to be growing up (especially for those of us who did so in SoCal).

5. rick finch

rick finch

Ah, the memories..................;)

6. Right on, Toby. Thank you.

7. fbama73

fbama73

Sharon was always the Mouseketeer that I had a crush on. And this was watching reruns in the 70's. When my older sister told me she was really all grown up and had kids my age, it broke my heart.

But this video kicks ass!

8. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

Cool vid, really cool footage. Thanks for sharing the link

9. The film footage of the loading up and heading to the dragstrip, plus the vintage drag racing footage itself is great. However, there is meaning to this video overall. I hope everyone who sees it "gets it". :)

10. Thanks for posting this Toby, I can totally relate . I had that Schuco, I happened to be at Disneyland one day and met Annette, I did a large painting of that picture of Ivo for my booth at the Winternationals car show in '64 and got to meet him for the first time(I was 18, really big deal back then). My friend and I were selling our drawings of racecars. I've since become friends with alot of my old heros, and raced at most of the places in that video. Thanks again, CARSICK

11. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

I remember..the reasons..

Thanks Toby

12. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

man, todays society sucks

13. Very nice. I can relate to this, wish it was 1964 again. Thanks for posting this video.

14. customcory

customcory

Those are the guys that switched bodies for different classes and the T-bucket was the push car , right? These cars are in a old Hot Rod or Car Craft I can't remember, but I have it somewhere, a nice color pic in the magazine too. Neat video:D