Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The Race of Gentlemen, 3rd Annual.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

me and the wife will be there this year. racing or not.

2. A Rodder

A Rodder

Looks like such a great time

3. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Are period correct cars that aren't racing allowed on the beach, or is it only for the cars/bikes selected to race?

4. ELD

ELD

Only racers allowed on beach
    Spectators can watch from on the beach with an early rise and shine and ticket

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. MJW

MJW
    from NJ
    1. PA. NJ. local HAMBERS group

Second issue in a row of Vintage Speed & Sport, the Secrets of Speed Society magazine,
    article on the TROG. Sorry for the poor scan but my crappy scanner is too small to do 11x17. Pictures from TROG 2012...

Scott McCann with his speedster was on the cover and centerfold last issue from the TROG 2014.

Mel, Both issues are yours if you want them. I'll be at the TROG this year but the A won't be ready in time, plenty of parts but nowhere to build it and not enough time. Let me know if you need help with anything.

Attached Files:

6. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

last years TROGger

this is what the Villains cc are throwing together this year hoping to be one of the lucky few picked to be a part of this CAN'T MISS event

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...of-gentlemen-2014-build.928921/#post-10491889

as KILLER as this event is and as much BUZZ that has surrounded it over the last few years ,it blows my mind that this thread is moving so slow this event is only a couple months away now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Could be because the selection hasn't been made. If people knew they were in, maybe some more smack talk would be going on, as well as supportive comments from the peanut gallery.

Right now people are building something for a select few to decide on. I get it, but also my theory on it.

8. Comments or no, I'm there! Sooooo looking toward Wildwood in October!

Posted using the HAMB app on my iPhone.... How's that for traditional!?!?

9. dieselbronco

dieselbronco
    from jamesburg

Well heres my mid engine t

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using H.A.M.B. mobile app

Attached Files:

T__N__A and HOLLYWQQD like this.
  10. I'll bee there again with my family. Cheering all the drivers on from the sidelines.
    -Pat

11. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

hell yeah i'm gonna be watching this one . i scored a hopped up V8 60 and all i could think about for days was a mid engine T just like that ! looking forward to seeing progress on that one !

12. Track T just got blown apart last week for paint. We will be in Wildwood no matter if we are picked or not!

Attached Files:

13. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

Wildwood is just going to be filled with some awesome rides! Can't wait for this October!!

14. Looking pretty cluttered at your shop. Just let me know when you want me to haul the coupe away for ya. :D
    I'll keep an eye out for ya again. Nice meeting you last year.

15. MrModelT

MrModelT

October is coming .....and I am finishing up other stuff so I can start getting the T ready for this event! Service, touch-up, road testing, tape for the lights....the works!

Gotta get going if I am gonna have it all done in time!

16. Go man go!!!

MrModelT likes this.
  17. Thanks to everyone posting and updating the Hamb!!!

I'm so busy this year and can not as much as I'd like to entertain and update you. As you know, our pal and misfit troop leader, Poppa Horton does a fine job with the messages and tid bits I spew. Thanks Pops!

18. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

Absolutely a can't miss event!! Great cars and great people!!

19. Potential racers, listen up!!!

Every year racers try to pay me to enter, until now I have accepted no fees as you gents are the show. It's just always the way I have felt.

You take time to drive, gas, tolls, get race cars ready, etc. Some, I mean many, come from as far away as the West Coast. God bless you!!!

This year, the city is charging me per racer, minimal monies. We also have all racers buy a 15 dollar cookie tray to protect our beaches from Oilers!!! We accept them back and refund the 15 bucks, but usually they just disappear and we don't mind. Keep baking cookies!!!

This year I have considered something I would like to share.

I'm thinking of making vintage style race jerseys for racers only. Your number on back, Trog lettering, commemorating each years race. A new color each year, something special for guys to collect or admire of their race time with us.

Usually a fine race jersey costs about a 100 bucks. Ouch, I know.

But if we order say 40 or 60, (not sure how many are in the race yet) the price might go down to 80 beans. Again, I haven't even started talking to a jersey maker yet. So it could fluctuate.

I'd like to keep racers at a solid 100 bucks, including all above listed.

I make nothing on top. What do you Gents (Trogladytes) think???

I can always be messaged privately at [email protected] with a hell yes! Or a go F yourself!!!

I'm very busy these days, so try to keep questions to a minimum.

Every day, I have to tell everyone the rules over and over. Today it was a guy with a 1980 Kawasaki.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
    MrModelT likes this.
  20. I am now in build mode here at Camp Oily, Oil City, blah blah blah.

Expect to see more neat props coming your way in the weeks to come!!! The real fun for me.

Doing all the office work SUCKS!!!
    Almost all done...

Stay tuned...

21. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

Go man go and HELL YEAH!

22. This is so funny, I must share it.

Personal message. Don't be afraid to post here if your a potential entry either.

I just want a private yes or no too.

Pm,

I think hell yes. Are you kidding me people are building cars just for your show. I don't think anyone would have a problem with $100 and you receive a one of a kind jersey that only a few people get. It's an honor to have it, only 60 or so people will have them. People will be shanking fools to get one lol

Big fan, big fan!!! Hahaaaa

23. More updates, old friends are a coming!!!

So excited to see these guys.

Church Equipped, Church Magazine!!!

Dice Magazine!!!
    Bloody good blokes.

MrModelT likes this.
  24. HOLLYWQQD

HOLLYWQQD
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

Whatever you oily bastards have to do to make this happen is all good with me ! Small price to pay for the amount of fun you provide ! I'm sure any one who has participated in this event in the past will have no problem paying whatever it costs !

25. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

I'll send my money today if that keeps the racing on!

26. T__N__A

T__N__A

I'm bringin my West Coast shank...gonna get a damn Jersey one way or another!!

27. I have three words for the Oilers.....

"Take My Money"!!

I think a $100 entry fee is a pittance given the time and labor of love that Mel and the Oilers put into this amazing event every year. I know that in proportion to the money and effort involved to build or prep a car for the event, and get it to the beach to race, a hundred bucks is nothing!
    Oh wait, it goes to purchasing the trays to keep the beach clean, and I get an AMAZING jersey to commemorate my participation? Like I said.....TAKE MY MONEY!!!! (although there will probably be an upcharge for hiring Omar the Tentmaker to sew my jersey)

general gow likes this.
  28. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

That's because no one likes the Hamb anymore.

29. Taking Respect

Taking Respect
    from New Jersey

Actually no one likes Pat Pryor. Ever

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  30. metal man

metal man

I have not made it to this event yet, but I can't wait. Maybe next year. Mel, you mentioned that you have to keep repeating the rules,but I spent half an hour looking for them with no luck. Searched here and the Oilers website with no luck....maybe it's just me.Are they posted somewhere? I noticed early in this thread you said hot rods should be pre '53 parts, but I think Andy Kohler ran a Y-block ford, and I know my friend Nick raced last year with a glass '32 roadster, so I'm not sure about anything.
    We are starting on a new build,with all old parts (newest part is the Y-block) and would like for it to be able to race on the beach.It would be cool if the criteria, or at least a list of no-no's was posted somewhere.