Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Race of Gentlemen, 2nd Annual 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Any word on the next hotel?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Not yet. Waiting. Don't worry, they have them blocked off for me so nobody can rent them. We are just waiting for a good package to be figured out for you folks. They have 5 hotels. Plus every other hotel want to work with us too!

3. I 1st said it was 7 blocks. I was confused which it normal. The start of race is at the Ferris wheel and the finish is at the wooden roller coaster. So that puts you at ten blocks. But it's all walkable by boardwalk. It's all drivable by hot rod. Right now I'm trying to get the area designated for vendors, as a parking area for all the customs, daily's and hot rods. Vintage bikes too!

It's rock hard and amazing looking. But they are talking about dumping 2 feet of sand there because if Sandy. The storm. So don't worry. I'm always shooting for the best we can get. Stay tuned!!!

4. My computers are down. I'm sucky with that stuff. I luckily have my I phone. But since I upgraded my hamb ap, I can not post pics for some reason. Love to show you all some of the entries. The location, etc. soon ill get help. All the educated Oilers are shark hunting in Montauk. Brought our 38 knuck, surfboards, etc. I'm stuck home doing all the work. Ha.

5. Ill tell you this... Saturday we have a war in the making since 1911. A 1911 Harley Davidson and a 1911 Indian will battle it out on the sands. Also have a 1907 auto running. Still looking for its competition.

6. Dirtyest Devil you have to go into your phone settings and enable pictures for the hamb app

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Reposting this as an attachment so you mobile phone users can view the contents legibly.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  8. Killer ad dude!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  9. ImageUploadedByTJJ1374256783.931707.jpg

Starting line!!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

10. Hey, so I had to delete the app and reload it. Don't know why. But if it wasn't for gremlins, life would be to easy! Long live gremlins!!!!

11. ImageUploadedByTJJ1374256908.527396.jpg

Finish line!!! Yeah I'll be there first suckers...

12. ImageUploadedByTJJ1374256955.110329.jpg

Cool little entry...

13. ImageUploadedByTJJ1374257038.543559.jpg

Little party room next to the pool. Starlux!

14. ImageUploadedByTJJ1374257135.693184.jpg

My crib... Don't come a knocking when you see this 1956 a rockin!

15. ImageUploadedByTJJ1374258475.112447.jpg

We are raffleing off tickets to be a co-passenger in the Hot Rod Magazine March cover car while its raced. Spectate nada, hitch a ride!!!

16. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Mine is mostly "new" vs traditional but I sent you an email anyway in case there is room to run a couple reproduction facsimilies against each other.

If not, I'll be there spectating and trying to stir up trouble.

PS: ride hitchers welcome

17. Tradition only. We are stretching it to mid 50's though. If the car is spot on. We want later cars. Just don't want coil overs and rat rods. Early ohv in a 30's well built hot rod... Acceptable. Just haven't gotten enough entries to plan an acceptable race yet. Keep sending.

18. I know this is off topic kinda but what about bikes, what is the latest model bikes you will run

19. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

This is getting to be HUGE. Just got my phone back after 4 weeks. Text me up Mel. And if any of you Oilers need to crash on the way back from Montauk PM me.

20. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Gonna be sick man!!

21. Well, it's got to be hand shift to keep it fair. We look for pre war but take a few early post war bikes too if they are bad ass and have a good match to run against. The rule books are not closed though. If there is something dynamic and a opposing car/bike to run against, we'll listen.

22. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

You guys rock !!! I'm jealous I don't live closer.

23. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Jen......thanks so much for your sympathy......I still can't believe I have to miss Saturday......maybe I can scoot on down after leaving the reception as early as possible!! I am only a half hour north of Wildwood.....

You *know* I will enjoy seeing you, Jer, Zach, Heidi and the rest of the *Usual Suspects*.........what a joy to see my favorite hoodlum Andy Kohler too!!

Can't wait.......but I am leaving in 10 days to go to Norway/Sweden for the A-Bombers *Old Style Weekend*........hope it doesn't rain for the roadster ride down to Uddevalla!!

CB

24. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Fly on out, Bobby.....this will be THE BEST event ever on the East Coast!! I'll put you up fo' free at my house if you can't get a room!! C'mon.....do it!

CB

25. THOMAS S&C

THOMAS S&C

Brucie, looking forward to seeing you and Van? Friday and sunday! Have a great time over there, tell Pal hi for us.

It is going to be a awesome event again!

Maybe I'll give that 44 car another run at the ol 207 haha

26. lorodz

lorodz

Damn wish I swapped In my flathead so I could be part of this one ..

27. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

DON'T FORGET!!!!!
    All my flat head BANGER brothers
    There is still $100 bucks up for grabs from WAC Customs for the fastest flat head banger. I put it up last year but things got crazy and it never really got played out. So this year it is on get your shit together and bring that flat head banger out to the beach and take my money!!!
    I have to think of some booby prizes for the flat head 8s that get beat by the bangers. Yes that did happen last year so you V8 guys better tune up your stuff we are coming :)

28. Bcchopit, I spent that on booze buddy when things got tight over the winter. The mice and me got cold so we warmed our selves up. We thought about burning it to keep warm but we decided on some wild turkey instead!

29. Yeah come on out Bobby! Ill put you on my Indian down the beach, roadster or two, too!

You let me sleep in your vintage trailer at old crow long ago... We can return the favor with a place! I'll never forget little Kevin Horton pooping on a paper plate and walking down the street to find a dumpster at 6am. Dave Martinez's shop/bathroom wasn't open yet and Kevin had to go. Hahaaa.

Don't worry, we have a stack of paper plates. It's all under control!!!

30. Brucie! I can't wait to see you an Van with giant smiles on the beach. Make sure you eat the shell fish at the wedding and need to make an early exit!

Give Hakan Erixon a giant hug from me. I miss him so much. An all time favorite. He and I have had some funny times both here and there. We both have a twisted sense of humor, two peas in a pod. Enjoy Devils Peak, they know how to get down! Literally, it's just s U-turn and lightly step on the break. Hahaaaa