Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

Kip,
    I love the idea of a 408,as the shock towers are going to get trimmed for header clearance anyway,but the cost of getting a new block,crank,rods,pistons,intake,oil pan,distributor,headers and a few other items I'm not thinking of off the top of my head prevent me from pulling something like that off.
    (Thats code for "I'm broke as shit!")

I guess I will have to try to slay a giant with cam,carb,compression (not too much,as I have to run it on pump gas....it is my street car after all),and a bunch more gear,as my ex wife and her enthusiasm for the extended legal jousting keeps me pretty broke.lol

Stay tuned for updates.....;)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's the plan for the fastback,but there's not enough time or bucks before next year's extravaganza!:)

Scott

beebee78 likes this.
  3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am enjoying being a fly on the wall for this

4. Doesn't the Crocker have a 331? Build a 331 Fomoco and go cube for cube. Then you can settle the old Ford vs Chevy & Pony car vs Classic once and for all, for all humanity..,ah crap Scott, I love ya like a brother, but I may have to Benedict Arnold you on this one. :)

30dodgeboy and powrshftr like this.
  5. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's ok Ric,I didn't have the heart to "Pearl Harbour" him too badly,so I spilled the beans about the probable stroke increase in a pm I sent Jeffro last night.....He's testing tomorrow night,so that will tell the tale of how high the wick needs to be turned up on the Ol Shaker.....Insert nervous laughter here ____________.

Scott

6. powrshftr

powrshftr

Also,
    Wrenchbender:

Please don't paint the truck....But if you do,you should probably do this:

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1409251703.759290.jpg

That truck pushes AAAAAALLL the right buttons!:D

Scott

30dodgeboy and 9sectruck like this.
  7. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Scott there is no way I can afford to paint it by next year the plan is to at least have the chassis painted and the body in primer but that depends on time and money lol the ultimate paint plan is to panel paint it sort of like quains car just completely different colors I'm thinking starting with a gold base and going from there I can see it in my head but can't explain it to well lol. First things first gotta make this thing run just a little bit better

30dodgeboy likes this.

8. Scott, I sent you a PM regarding your clutch linkage. Check your 'conversations' tab under your profile. AJ

9. powrshftr

powrshftr

Thanks a bunch AJ!:)

Scott

10. powrshftr

powrshftr

So I went out and pulled a block and some heads out from under the workbench at Pop's place last night.
    Greeeeezy as all heck,and lookin like they should go in the dumpster instead of the car,but I think they will clean up nice with a dip in the tank.

I've been saving an old FoMoCo aluminum intake for something special,and I guess this situation qualifies,so it looks like it's gonna go on there too.

Nothing real special to look at,so I didn't snap any pictures last night,by I will get some this weekend when I'm out there.

Scott

11. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Scott-

I was watching a meltdown video last night on youtube and it had your car in it... I was wondering if you intentionally put your left directional on when you shift into second or is that some old school extra horsepower trick?

30dodgeboy and powrshftr like this.
  12. powrshftr

powrshftr

That was actually the side effect of me yanking second so hard that my LEFT hand decided it wanted to pull too,turning the wheel slightly,and hitting the turn signal....If you watch the video again you can see that it doesn't come on til right after the 1-2 shift!lol!

I was watching a YouTube video of "Street Outlaws" the other day,and a guy smoked another car real bad,then put on his 4-way flashers as soon as he got around him....it almost caused a fight!lol
    Apparently it's a BIG insult to throw the signal on or "hazard" somebody when you're beating them...:)

Scott

13. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

You will be happy to know that the Okie Doker doesn't have hazards....so I won't use that as some extra salt in the wound!

14. powrshftr

powrshftr

[Q UOTE="Okiedoker, post: 10586117, member: 239045"]You will be happy to know that the Okie Doker doesn't have hazards....so I won't use that as some extra salt in the wound![/QUOTE]

I probably won't notice them in my rear view mirror anyway. ;)

Scott

30dodgeboy likes this.
  15. That was a "smack down" to Doon Moggie.., as if to say, I know I'm already kicking your butt so hard, I got time to signal for the return road, and you get to follow me SOME MORE! If you really wanted to wound, the Moon, you should have, kept pumping the brake pedal to show him your break lights! :). Marc and I also thought you might be gear shifting so violently with your right arm, you had to do Koopiesizing with the left arm to counter balance all your wild thrashing, and to keep your balance, and not throw/allyoop your own ass into the back seat!

55belairx2 likes this.
  16. armcircle.gif

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    30dodgeboy likes this.
  17. powrshftr

powrshftr

Lol!

Ric,
    He'll probably pull the 355 out of that car and show up with a Shafiroff 540 next year loaded for bear.....and proceed to crank off a strong of blistering 12 second passes....lol

18. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ugh....that was kind of mean spirited.
    I'm a shitty driver too.lol!
    I think I'm just gonna go back and erase both these posts and start over again...?

Scott

19. We call Shaft u off engines, "core motors", so it may not run any better!

20. Hmmm...
    Jeff goes drag racing and then once home watches youtube videos of Scott racing...

I think I smell FEAR

:D

55belairx2 and powrshftr like this.
  21. Strategies are forming, cauldrons are boiling, simple folk are cowering in dark corners, thumbing their bottom lips, and rocking back a forth, while the all seeing eye gains strength on Mount Doom!.., huh, who , what, where.., what was I talking about..,OH!, uh..,what was the question again?

30dodgeboy likes this.
  22. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Hey I am not cowering in the dark I am installing an engine in a OT jeep.
    I have no idea why I said I would do this.

23. powrshftr

powrshftr

Railroaded again!!!

Sounds like we lead parallel lives Salty!

I got lucky today,and I'm actually building shelves to house Hemi heads,cranks,and blowers in my garage,but I had a run for a while there where I didn't think I was gonna make it to the Meltdown cause I was so tied up fixing daily driver crap!

Scott

24. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ps:

For Jeff,Mount Doom is located in Camlachie Ontario Canada.....

Home of the Lakeshore Shaker!;)

Scott

30dodgeboy likes this.
  25. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I hope to get started on my forge wile its still hot out so I can start on my cylinder heads with any luck I will have something that has better flow than a briggs and stratton.

26. The beginnings of another hemi hoarder??? LOL...

27. Quain is become one too, looking for dragster engine (392)parts, you have infected him. I had a 241 for about a week, then traded it for a 348 Chevy.

28. powrshftr

powrshftr

Right now I've got 4 sets of 392 heads,1 set of 354 truck heads with hardened exhaust seats,some really nice Chrysler Firepower vc's I got from a HAMBer who sells repros,a cool old set of plain Dodge truck covers that somebody chromed years ago,a race prepped 392 crank,a near perfect std/std 392 crank,a6-71,a 4-71,and a pile of good intentions:)

Scott

30dodgeboy likes this.
  29. powrshftr

powrshftr

Let Quain know I might be able to track some parts down for him.

I forgot I also have a real nice 392 block with 4 bolt caps,a real clean oil pan.

30. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Not sure what I need . I ended up with the race demon 950 and aeromotive pump on for now and see what happens . I would like to figure out the qjet. I finally found my build sheet.
    74 jets
    primary metering rods 42
    secondary rods DA