Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

Good point enloe!

The Grape is one of my faves for sure!

I can't wait to see how mean it is when it rolls back outta your shop,Man.

My little black car is going to be looking for a hiding place from that thing!:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

beebee78 likes this.
  2. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

I've got one of those Scott but mine is buried under a 6-71 and hilborn injectors lol

[​IMG]

30dodgeboy likes this.
  3. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's EXACTLY the setup I'm looking at putting together!

I've already got the 6-71 off the Detroit diesel from the cement truck up in the arctic,and I have the crank,heads,and soon the block.....Now I need to connect the dots!lol

Hopefully your truck and my car will duke it out soon...:)

Scott

4. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

Right on Scott I got the new motor in the Willys for the hamb drags and damn does it run sad part is I broke the spool and axles in the rear end guess it's time to upgrade lol I love a clutch car but damn it's hard on parts lol

5. powrshftr

powrshftr

Got some super tune secrets from a good friend who has a long history with injected supercharged motors,now I just have to apply all this stuff....Hope my execution can live up to his tutelage:)

Scott

6. powrshftr

powrshftr

I hear that Brother!

Didn't you have a big Ol Olds/Pontiac rear in the Willys?

Scott

7. wrenchbender

wrenchbender

No frankland quickchange time for a gold trac and new axles

8. RUT ROH! May need a name change when your done, like..,"Grapes of Wrath". I also instantly thought of "Purple Panneton Pounder",but I sure wasn't about to let the cat out of the baaaaa..,g. Aaaaaah CRAP!..,were is that fricken DELETE BUTTON!?

beebee78 and jeepster like this.
  9. powrshftr

powrshftr

That was so fucking wrong.....

May The Lord have mercy on the squirrels running inside a wheel that is your brain Ric.

I love you Brother,but sometimes those voices tell you to do some frightening shit!

Lmao!

Scott

beebee78 likes this.
  10. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Ric I've tried to get him to call it the "RAPED GRAPE" ...runs like a raped grape, but he refused.

Meltdown Drags
    July 17,18,19 2015

11. I
    Ok, I just put on my "Scott Glasses", and see where this all went very very WRONG! Scott, I meant "Purple", as in the Chevy II with the purple paint, I meant "Panneton", as in me or Marc, who ever is driving, and I meant "Pounder", as in "throwing us a beating", on the drag strip! Ok, now I gotta go wash my brain Scottt, and oh ya, Larry Flint called, and wants to know when you'll be back in the office.

beebee78 likes this.
  12. He needs to get sponsored by Crush, you know the soda pop (which has been around since a least the mid sixty's, so its era correct), and called it "Grape Crush" with their art work on it. If he's gonna leave pie crust slicks on it, he could call it, "Purple Haze".

beebee78 likes this.
  13. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Sonny Burr's grandson called it Grape Soda and gave him a thumbs down everytime he seen Art...hands down the funniest thing at the Meltdown.

Meltdown Drags
    July 17,18,19 2015

beebee78 and 91whitestang like this.
  14. He and my son Solomon hung out together all day Sunday, I had no idea he had "crushed" all of Sour Grapes dreams.

beebee78 likes this.
  15. Kip, Is this the same guy you told us got all torqued about a couple lightning bolts on his Thunderbolt scoop? No sense of humor. Lol

16. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

I have plenty sense of humor slayer , I hang out with these guys all the time, they ride me like a rented mule !! But it's all in good fun! Wouldn't trade kip or the rest of the border bandits in for nothing !! They're like the brothers I never had lol, the Grape will run RIGHT one of these years! Lol

30dodgeboy likes this.
  17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Damn Ric did you forget your meds again?
    You seem to be good at callin out car names I have always wanted to name my car besides just calling it names.
    I like the NSS cars when you see them painted up and state that they are the original.
    So my car is fair game but cant make any promises that it could live up to any of them.

18. "Cheap Date"
    "Heinz 67" (I like this one)
    "Gold Tooth"
    "All Charged Up"
    "Slipped Disc"
    "Goldie Gone"
    "Fools Gold"
    "Gold Strike"
    "Vitamin B"
    "Wedgemacallit"
    "Wail'n Wedge"
    There is a couple, what's your real name, and where are you from Salty, I'll do some more.

19. powrshftr

powrshftr

Ugh.....Ric,I have to apologize.

I fired that off in between stressful,phone calls and redlining drawings at work,while trying to keep the client,my boss,the engineer,the QC guys,and everybody else on the planet happy.

I didn't realize until later what poor taste it was in,and the truth is,I have been dreading poking my head out to offer up an apology.

Nothing feels quite as shitty as disappointing a friend or someone you look up to.

Or in this case,both.

Sorry Brother.

Scott

20. powrshftr

powrshftr

Gold Rush

GoldFender

(Dave Kunz's Cyclone was called that when Paul Rossi ran it right after Arnie Beswick)

Missouri Mule

Missouri Mauler

Border Bandit

Missouri Missile

Missouri Mangler

Dixie Dodge

Dixie Charger

Dixie Normous....no wait....I did it again.Shit!

Mopar Mangler

Mopar Madness

Dodge Destroyer

War Machine Wedge

Weapon of Wedge Destruction

Wedge Warrior

Wallopin' Wedge!

Gold Card

Gold Standard

Solid Gold

You could do a half black paint scheme from the belt line down and call it
    "Black Gold"

Ric's a lot better at this than I am....I think I will need to enlist his help naming my Model A too...

Scott

21. Its ok brother, we all "slip in crap" from time to time, I have gone to the dark side more than once in my days, God only knows. You musta had banjo music.playing on the Ipod. :)

22. powrshftr

powrshftr

It was a "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" moment to be sure....

Thanks Brother.Youre a good man:)

Scott

23. I'm sure being friends with kip makes thick skin mandatory. You border bandits are a fun bunch to hang with, and I'm betting the ball busting among you guys can get a bit crazy.

II FUNNY and beebee78 like this.
  24. powrshftr

powrshftr

Mason/Dixon Mopar

Rebel Rouser

Rebel Charger

Dixie Charger...Did I already say that one...?

Scott

25. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

Yes thick skin in this group is a definite must. !! Lol it's a Blast!!

II FUNNY likes this.
  26. powrshftr

powrshftr

Honestly,I can't even stand within 20 feet of Kip without grinning.....The man has a permanent look on his face like a fox quietly sneaking out the back door of a henhouse.....!

You can't help but have a good time around that Dude!:)

Actually,by the time we left the Meltdown,my face hurt from smiling and laughing with just about everybody we met!

You guys rule.:)

Although I must admit,I still shiver when I think about that icy cold axe-murderer stare Bones gave me the night before the race from the back seat of Ron's Crown Vic when we met them and Isky at the gas station by the hotel......I know he's a sweet old guy,but he is one stone cold customer when he's got a bit of jet lag under his belt..!lol!
    I'm serious,he scared the shit out of me!lol!

Scott

30dodgeboy, II FUNNY and beebee78 like this.
  27. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Yep...same guy. He's at my mercy for a while...his baby is going under the knife...my knife.lol

Meltdown Drags
    July 17,18,19 2015

30dodgeboy and beebee78 like this.
  28. Did you tell him you were cutting the front end off the grape before you did it? You guy's all have bitchen rides, I have no doubt this one will come out killer too.

beebee78 likes this.
  29. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

It actually just unbolted, lol 14 bolts and rolled it forward!! now we get to measure once? Or twice and put it back together again ! Lol

30. 62Furious

62Furious

Saltflats, Ric and Scott are bustin on your car, but the wail n wedge just got me bustin a gut. We are in big trouble with those two calling out the Mopars. But I do like Fools Gold.