Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Newbee Slow Banger Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jim1932, May 18, 2015.

1. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

I don't have any pics w hood side open and this is the best I have on my phone. Pic taken by mjw

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. I was reading the rules, not sure I could run my Tudor unless I chopped the top. Don't think the Simmons setup is advanced enough to get a non-roadster in.

3. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Well I wouldn't chop thay car. You could still cruise it around town at next year's event

4. I wouldn't chop it. Highboy with the simmons head and headers might do it.

5. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

I would do it like the sedan ctaulbert has on youtube.

6. That is my cars twin..... The interior from my car almost went into that one. That was Dick Spadaro's tudor. He traded me a restored set of seats that he had gotten from Roy Nacewitz for my ratty one and some cash to put in his. Then he found one he liked better and I ended up buying my original seats back. That car had a 2 X 4 bolted to the back bumper to pull a hay wagon when I saw it. I actually own a Webb T-Shirt with it on it. I didn't make the connection, but I WAS thinking of a Miller this morning. Problem is everyone has built what I like.

7. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

Can never go wrong w a ohv. Problem is they are spendy. I need to get on getting the one I got together and on something

8. Car is in the metal shop for rust repair in the wheel wells. Progress I guess. IMG_2434.JPG

9. This is what Thetan has to fix...both sides... image2.jpeg

Attached Files:

Jeff34 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  10. One more part done.....
    IMG_2627.JPG IMG_2626.JPG

cactus1 and jerseyboy like this.
  11. more photos of the work. IMG_2548.JPG IMG_2546.JPG IMG_2544.JPG IMG_2543.JPG

12. Well.... now we are moving. Insert bearings and mains .010 over, rods and pistons and rings .030 over (mainly do to a wandering bore due to farmer rebuild). All from Richard Falluca at Antique engine rebuilding. As mentioned before, valves are from Piranios. 1.25 intake and stock exhaust. winfield grind cam from Jim Brierley, and bronze and steel timing gears from Dan McEachern (although I also have an NOS Alcoa aluminum that may go on).

13. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Sounds like a good set-up

14. Added a Bubba rebuilt Mallory to the pile......

Also a vanpelt clutch and plate.

Attached Files:

15. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Jim, glad to see that you are still progressing with this build.

16. hoping to have the motor done by the end of the year. Goal is to get the completed car to the Early Ford V8 eastern national this summer.

17. Bought the wheels today. Got to figure how to make a Ford Hubcap fit the 7" hole. Looks like they were originally Chrome. may take the chrome off and co with the red. Not sure yet. Head and intake are ready for paint. Research says dark green with yellow letters. IMG_3163.JPG IMG_3161.JPG IMG_3160.JPG IMG_3159.JPG

Felipe Toltecatl and waxhead like this.
  18. I hate to say it but you may end up welding a ring into reduce the diameter of the hole to 5 5/8 to fit the Ford hubcap.

Charlie Stephens

19. The stock 32 won't work. Hoping ot find one from another year that is larger and modify the back to fit

20. 1941 looks like a good candidate.....

1941-FORD-HUBCAP.jpg

21. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

That Simmons stuff looks cool. Glad to see some progress on this one!

22. I still like the welded in ring idea. We used to do that with Cadillacs and Chrysler wires to run early Ford caps. Later they came out with snap in adapters.

Charlie Stephens

23. I guess the Lugs would be just as accessable as they are with the current wheels. I guess it's not like they are crazy valuable. Only issue is that spoke section is cast.

24. The lug nuts are a little hard to reach with the stock Ford wheels. I usually use a u joint with my torque wrench.

Charlie Stephens

25. Just need to get the lettering done.

Attached Files:

Felipe Toltecatl and Hotrodmyk like this.
  26. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Looking good. Are you going to do the lettering yourself??

27. With my shaky hands? Probably find a sign or pinstripe guy to do it. Finding the green engine paint was fun. at least the yellow for the lettering is pretty common.

28. Lettering, not perfect, but OK for me. And air cleaners for the dual strombergs if I run that.

Attached Files:

29. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Nice work, love the air cleaners.

30. Just need mud and paint.... IMG_3262.JPG

Jeff34 likes this.