Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Mother Of All Engine Bay Threads!!!! Clean and classy Edition.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Jun 11, 2010.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It's that time again fellow HAMB members to post pics this time on
    The Mother Of All Engine Bay Threads!!! ​

I am looking for ideas on mounting Voltage Regulators, Fuel Blocks, Wires, Engines, Fans, etc. If you have a trick on how to make a clean and Sanitary engine bay post it!

Right now I am working on finishing the body work on my 35 Coupe's firewall and I am interested in keeping it as clean and thoughtful as possible. So if you have ideas on where to mount particular things on any car really I want to see them.

I seen a thread on "period" hose clamps the other day and that's the type the attention to detail that I am looking for. Also if you have "ins" on where to find cool wire (cloth or looms) let us in on that. I would like to make this an all encompassing thread where we can go to for inspiration and ideas and well as questions when redoing a Firewall or engine bay on our Hot Rods & Customs just like the Mother of all Tire Threads, Exhaust etc.

I'll start with a car that is of great importance to me. First of all I think LazyV8's '39 DLX is one of the baddest cars to hit the HAMB if not the world and I refer to it for inspiration all the time. His engine bay is perfectly planned and clean as a whistle. I'll be honest, if you see a Filko Regulator on my car you'll know where I got the idea. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Need one!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks LazyV8 for the eye candy! If ya got 'em post 'em!!!!

2. (BlueOval)

(BlueOval)
    from Slo-Cal

^^^^^^Thast's kinda hard to follow!:eek:^^^^^^^^^^^^

3. (BlueOval)

(BlueOval)
    from Slo-Cal

But I'll be watching this thread for ideas.;)

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah he definitely did a killer job. He almost had me painting my firewall white/cream because it looks so good. Then couple that with everything else and I knew this would be a great bench mark to show what a clean engine bay looks like.

5. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

when i bought my house, i found a really cool filco cabinet mounted on the wall in the shop. i'll have to post a pic of it here, despite it being a bit off topic. i am really interested to see what people have to offer. i could use some inspiration planning how the 34 will look under the 'hood.'

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Here's a glimpse of another one of my favorites...The Satan Coupe (CLONE). Simple Aluminum Firewall with 60's Chevy M/C & Clutch reservoirs (Original has single res MC), Perfectly dressed HEMI etc. I wish we could get a shot with the Hood off so we could see the rest. I'll search a bit....

[​IMG]

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Another one just to give an idea of a great looking custom car engine bay. Simple and practically stock but clean and well done. I love how well all the inner fenders were painted as well as the top of the Radiator.
    [​IMG]

8. I leaned toward the wimbleton white fire wall to highlight the engine and tried to keep the firewall clutter free. HRP

[​IMG]

9. Not sure if this fits your criteria but it came a long way.

[​IMG]

Is it clean or classy?

BloodyKnuckles

10. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Knuckles, I really like your copper tube job, there is a special tool plumbers use that can really tighten up the radius bends on your lines. make it look even badder assed, www.colonialtools.com

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

at least you didn't have the words engine accessories in your title like my thread did...your thread should fly.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

good, now where are your pictures?

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

And yours zman??? Please don't tell me you half assing it up there in Raleigh:D. Just kidding, I know you do nice stuff man!

Here's one from the Bomb Factory. Nice and clean even though it's hard to figure out what's going on. Love the Patent plate, it's a nice touch. Just picked up one for my '35!
    [​IMG]

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

mine's not clean...

[​IMG]

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I love the Hildebrandt VC's and how the fuel lines were ran. Everything being clean is nice too!
    [​IMG]

HHR always does a nice job!
    [​IMG]

Voltage Regulator mounted sideways on Diana Branch's Sedan!
    [​IMG]

Pretty much another inspirational one that I look to for advise.
    [​IMG]

Chrome generator is nice. I also liked that even though modern wire ends (they may be period I'm not sure) were used he did them all in blue to fit the overall feel. I also like the chrome dip stick and tube and candy painted frog mouths.
    [​IMG]

Does it get any cleaner? It should be it's a Museum piece haha! IVO!
    [​IMG]

16. Your examples are fuckin spot on!!!!

Let's see a shot of where your engine bay is at the moment. How 'bout it?

BloodyKnuckles

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Sorry no can do. If you want to see it then stop on by tomorrow morning. I'll be on it all day sanding and filing until I have no finger prints left. Firewall and Valve covers.

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I will post this one because I think Del has done an amazing job with the engine bay. The hottest 235 I've seen and the whole engine bay is nice to boot! Del has pinstriping on places you'll never ever see which is totally Hotdamn.

[​IMG]

19. Agreed!

BloodyKnuckles

20. I love chrome, but this one could use a little contrast.

21. Sometimes paint and detail is better than chrome.

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

IKE's engine bay. Temp sensor wraps all the way around the engine but it still looks cool. Heli-Arc welded Headers. Wayne Head and a Magneto. Recipe for success!

[​IMG]

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Anything to share?

24. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

The Sperling Roadster,great engine compartment..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's about as clean as it gets!

26. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Mine:)

Attached Files:

27. My engine in my '47 Chevrolet PU, tryed to keep it simple and all the engine sheetmetal was powdercoated and the block/head grey. The copper was for fun and the white plug wires popular back in the day also.

[​IMG][​IMG]

28. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

This thread is right on time!

Here's one that trips my trigger...no super fancy voltage regulators, but I dig it...

[​IMG]

29. mdapperdan

mdapperdan
    from Az.

30. freebird101

freebird101