Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Leadsled Spectacular

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 27, 2009.

1. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

awesome weekend, I talked to and got to meet a ton of people, never got to meet Ryan though...I out my story in another thread...

2. Philbilly

Philbilly

Cool story and pics. That is definintly one show I hope to be able to attend.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great story Ryan, The comments by those who were there help add to the story too. I have a couple of friends who make that trip quite often and hope to tag along when I get the truck done.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. Sprout

Sprout

Your not shy Ryan, you said hi to me. Great great show, it is a not miss every year.

5. camargma

camargma

I just want to say I love this car. I saw it at the HAMB drags last year and fell in love :D it is WAY cool.

6. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Went to chicken with the group sat. eve ,just crazy good food and hospitality. Be back next year!

7. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Dang I missed out on Brookville chicken?!? The handful of us from Gypsum ate at one of the chain places that we eat at all to often...boooooo.

I hope everyone who came to town had a chance to stink up their clothes and cars with a bag of Cozy Inn sliders too :)

8. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Poverty Flats treated me and some other lucky folks to a bag of Sliders, yummmeeee. I know one lady the wouldn't eat them...onions. Sucks to be her.

9. Spooky

Spooky

Man, oh, man.....

Anytime I see a '57 Ford done "RIGHT" it flat out nails me to the wall.

A simple drop.
    Mild shave and a Cal Custom style grille.

Who could ask for more.

10. ### What a happy bunch !!! >>>>.

Attached Files:

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No it doesn't cuz I didn't have bad breath all day like the rest of you clowns. :p Besides the fact I got a yummy hamb and cheese samwich from across the street. :D

12. #### Now wait just a darn minute !! just who are you calling a clown ?? And just for the record i would have liked to have had SAUSAGE !!!! >>>>.

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You DID have sausage that day...a whole clown car full of sausages :p:D

14. JAYNE COBB

JAYNE COBB
    from Wichita Ks

I was able to get a ride up to the show from a fellow rodder. Being unemployed for 4 months now I wouldn't have been able to make it otherwise. With that said, I want to thank all of the HAMBers I did meet at the meet and greet and look forward to more meets at other shows. I hope there will be one at the Starliner show here in Wichita in Sept. Denise, Nosurf, Sleepy, BarnfindT, Jen, Chicken and the rest that I meet It was great to meet you and the others that I did not meet hope to see you at another show. When I heard you were there Ryan I looked all over for you but alas I do not know what you look like :). Awesome show and will try to get my pics up on here soon.
    Peace! Andrew

15. sololobo

sololobo

Didn't see ya at the event, but chatted up the mighty Reggie and saw Steve at registration and mentioned that I left a message with Joe Kabrals (The Iquanas/Kontinentals) parents in Omaha to get in their Pontiac rag top and come on down. Sure a bummer about Lee's shoebox, but thats driving em!!! Hold the tiller steady brother and enjoy the new H.Q. digs. Hope to see ya at the drags. ~Sololobo~

16. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

So Ryan will you be back in 2010. Great story, looks like quite an adventure traveling with that crew. Really enjoyed the Cozy burgers and Brookville Chicken. We also ate at a great little BBQ place........can't remember the name, anyways it was a great show sorry I didn't get a chance to talk with you. Gary

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Absolutely.

18. Hickory Hut !!! >>>>.

19. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I sure enjoyed meeting everyone except Ryan.

20. #### He's top secret you do know !! I took a pic of him and the image was blank !! I know he excist because I actually talked to him !!! >>>>.

21. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I heard that the event is going to be 4 days next year, maybe that will give me enough time to meet Ryan

22. Man! I was swearing at my pager the whole time trying not to think of the fun you guys were having. Color me jealous.

23. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Man, next time this happens to you bribe one of your co workers to trade weekends with you....

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We will be going two days earlier next year. Going to do the Wichita cook out Wednesday
    night and then cruise up thursday morning....Gonna do it all. Just didn't have enough of
    time to see everything....

25. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Next year I'll host a party at my buddy's bar Thursday evening, just another place to meet and greet for everyone on here. Good to meet everyone that I did meet, hopefully I'll catch up with more people next time.

26. NoSurf

NoSurf

Good times- good times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

nice shots, jay.