Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Those posters are very cool. as are the calendars, much cooler than the volkswagen ones I nick from work each year.

2. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Geoff your front covers are a master stroke mate!

Tony the more I look at your roadster the more I want a highboy. Maybe a wild flame job like your old deuce coupe image.jpeg maybe?.

3. That whole issue blew me away when it came out, that 32 nailed it.

509garyd likes this.
  4. Wardog

Wardog

Tommy, shocking news about the fire mate. I hope everyone is healing well. You're roadster just keeps getting better!

tommyflathead likes this.
  5. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Thanks Geoff.

6. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Tom the roadster is looking good. Here's a few shots of one shown on this thread ( see below ) on the HAMB. Yours even at this early stage, I can see as maybe having the same style. Although I think fenders would also work. I know Tony talks about fully fendering his roadster, but he has so much on the go. Maybe let him live that dream through how you do your roadster?

Geoff aka whodaky

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/...-32-34-fiberglass-cars-any-pics.988012/page-9

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I thought I would show the whole calender I have done for next year. I will show the images over a number of posts.
    I had them done in A3 size.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drewfus likes this.
  8. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Next 4

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drewfus likes this.
  9. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Next 4

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drewfus likes this.
  10. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Last ones.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's yet another cover using Tony's roadster. It is very photogenic. But I was looking through my files and came across the image with the push car and Lucy on the beach and just knew I needed to include the roadster on the sand with them.
    Then I went looking for an image to fill the page and came up with the one featuring the sign for the seminar and sought of thought that could work.
    Maybe not as good as some of the other covers, but I find it interesting!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    509garyd likes this.
  12. Whodaky
    Awesome covers my friend, how on the money is July? The yellow sports coupe (only my opinion) there is no better model A. The time you take putting the covers together is greatly appreciated.
    Tommy
    A picture says a thousand words, and man that deuce is a picture.

509garyd and tommyflathead like this.
  13. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Gary. Thanks for the comments mate. Yeah those 2 covers on the July page are probably the one's I like the best out of all the covers I have done so far. You should see the enlarged one I had done of the one with Stork's yellow sport coupe. I showed it framed above, but that doesn't do it justice!
    Sure there is a bit of time in generating these covers, along with a lot of creativity. But I am really enjoying doing them. I once read somewhere, ' That you make time for the things you enjoy doing" !

Geoff aka whodaky

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    509garyd and tommyflathead like this.
  14. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's a new cover I just completed. I really like the feel of this one. I know the manager of the Dago Speed shop is going to love it!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

15. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Did another couple of covers yesterday. For anyone that may be remotely interested?

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I hope you have 3 shillings in your pocket, GaryD. You might want to go down to the corner shop!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    509garyd and fuzzybear like this.
  17. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

come on its a old magazine how about two and six pence

18. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

ah ha tub1. Three shillings is the mainland price.
    How about a back cover. No charge on this one tub1

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

19. Are the original covers from your collection or ones you've got from online, there's some good ones in there.

20. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey FB. No they are all covers in my collection. You tend to gather a lot over the course of 45 years. For many years I was probably subscribing to 8 titles per month. These days I only subscribe to Rodders Journal and Hop-Up. I occasionally buy a magazine from the newsagent, but very seldom.
    I guess the internet keeps one abreast of things. Also magazines cost a lot more these days and being retired one must watch the pennies.
    Having said all that. I think because I have always loved collecting and reading magazines, this gives me a certain fascination for these covers I have been producing this last month or so. I also know that when I put someone's car on a cover they get a kick out of it.
    So here's a new one I did yesterday!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

fuzzybear, 509garyd and tommyflathead like this.
  21. Hi Geoff, I just got a chance to check in and yeah I love your work with all of these covers, I have sent that latest cover straight to the wife to get printed at our local Harvey Norman, thanks heaps I really do appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

tommyflathead likes this.
  22. Yeah the only new magazine that I regularly buy is the rodders journal, I'll occasionally buy another one from the newsagent if there's something I really want to read but mostly I buy 60s and 70s ones from swap meets. I get plenty of show coverage /new builds etc off the net.

23. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I knew you'd like that Garyd. They do look good printed out. Although the bigger you go, the pixels can tend to appear in some cases. It depends on the size of the images I use!
    FB, I definitely hear what your saying!
    Here's a new back cover I just did!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

tommyflathead, 509garyd and fuzzybear like this.
  24. Wardog

Wardog

IMG_2222.JPG IMG_2223.JPG Our 10th anniversary was the 28th of last month. As I mentioned I bought my wife the astro's for her gal and she had a local screen printer print this onto aluminium sheet for me. It is in the shed looking right at home.

509garyd, tommyflathead and Drewfus like this.
  25. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

509garyd likes this.
  26. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Looking good Wardog. Now there's a picture of your monster as well as the one, one of your children drew. I feel honored to have a piece I had a small hand in doing on display amongst other great work!

Hey Charlie. I am glad you liked it. As I said I think that cover has a real nice feel!

Geoff aka whodaky

Dago 88 likes this.
  27. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Did another cover a bit earlier today!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Luke W, fuzzybear and 509garyd like this.
  28. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Geoff I really like the last cover with all the channelled hot rods . I also love the old hot rod shop, can't wait to show it to Spencer with the sign he got from me ,and the one with the 34 coupe model you did for him , good work mate .

29. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Tony.
    Yeah I've had that channeled cover in my mind for a few days now. I am not a real big fan of unchopped channeled hot rods, so I had to chop at least a couple that were stock height.
    Yeah it's great that Spencer T has been able to realise his dream to open his own hot rod shop. It's really special that one of his first jobs was to hammer the lid on your 5W. It's just a shame that the shop is on the other side of the country. Do you think he will get homesick?
    good night

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

fuzzybear and 509garyd like this.
  30. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's another cover I just completed!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd and fuzzybear like this.