Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Gary and Gonzo are going to love this one!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

2. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

great magazine covers , this is a wonderful idea I'm enjoying it heaps

509garyd and RoddyB34 like this.
  3. I've been following this thread from the beginning. Although we are on different sides of the world; I'm amazed at how different we are, but just alike. We live the same life style. I've checked this thread almost daily from the beginning so you do have some silent lurkers out there. Carl

4. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for the replies guys.
    I know people are watching the thread. Just that sometimes when you put so much time into new posts and there is little or no response; one starts to wonder is it all worth it!
    It's like life I guess, one just has to go with the flow and not get to dissallusioned by 'stuff'.

Geoff aka whodaky

5. Hey Whodaky
    Your work is greatly appreciated. image:1495.jpg

kidcampbell71, Wardog and 509garyd like this.
  6. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Geoff.Great work on the covers.Thanks for the time and work involved in doing and posting them.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

509garyd likes this.
  7. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for the responses.
    Gary that is a great shot of your cars.
    Here's another cover.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    509garyd and Stovebolt like this.
  8. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Gday Whodack!
    I love your front page work and got a kick out of the chopped coupe addition. Sorry I have been away from the thread and flying below radar for a while. Glad to hear Tony is doing well now he is free of his brace and building strength to get back into the garage. I have been busy as usual with hot rod stuff and always have something on the boil. Recently I caught up with Big Daddy Choppit and Wardog at the Nagambie run and had a blast as usual. Unfortunately I split the top tank on my radiator just as I was about to set off in the shiney coupe and had to cruise up in a late model. Keep the thread alive Geoff and Tony.

9. Hey Tommy
    I apologise for providing you with an under performing ol pickup to cruise at the Hillbilly Hoedown. Amazing what a new set of plugs can do hey!

10. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

hey Bid daddy,
    this was actually a highlite (also the dogs smashing the hawks) but I thoroughly enjoyed taking your pickup for a blast around the park, so many good memories for me with the short ownership on my old truck. keep us posted on any Crankster cruising planned in the futura

11. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for the updates Tom. There's a lot goes on in everyone's lives that takes up our valuable time and keeps us even away from this hot rod thing we so love.
    As I said in a previous post one just needs to go with the flow. In the case of this thread, if I get to disallusioned by how it is going I just back away from it for a time. Life still goes on and I eventually bounce back refreshed!!

Geoff aka whodaky

PS Hey Tom what a victory that was and a great contest to boot, under enormous pressure. Your team did well, very well in fact.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    509garyd and tommyflathead like this.
  12. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I was going through some old files yesterday and came across a number of striping images. Stuff I can hardly remember doing, I think these were done on some of my trips to Perth, maybe 10 or more years ago!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

509garyd, yblock32 and fuzzybear like this.
  13. Wardog

Wardog

Geoff, please don't become disillusioned. I really enjoy this tread and all the time and effort you put into it. I check in very often but sometimes don't feel right distracting the flow of the thread to make it about me even just for one post.

Tommy, the roadster is soooo good! I had fun catching up with you at Nagambie and thanks again for the jumper leads and you're support for the Cranksters.

Gazza, well done on posting photos mate. You can teach an old dog new tricks.

14. Wardog

Wardog

IMG_0797.JPG So to distract for a second.

My wife and I thought we had the family car looking pretty nice.

509garyd and tommyflathead like this.
  15. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Cool cruiser Wardog!!

16. Wardog

Wardog

IMG_0796.JPG IMG_2154.JPG But we always wondered what it would look like with Astro Supremes on it. I happened upon a new set being sold secondhand for a great price and it all fell into place.

This month we have been married for 10 years and my mother in law tells me the traditional 10 year anniversary present is chrome.

17. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thankyou for the replies guys.
    Wardog, I always liked seeing your wagon. I think the Supremes and thin band whites really make it pop.
    I have been wanting to use Gary's image since I first saw it. I had been doing a cover featuring it, but it just wasn't working for me. But when I saw your wagon images I knew I had the perfect combination to create. As it turned out the little Rod and Custom issue was sitting on the top of a pile of little books. I think it worked out well. I hope you guys like it!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  18. Wardog

Wardog

I love it Geoff!
    When you photo chop my coupe do you just bring it down till it looks right or do you try to scale it somewhat?
    Basically you have me thinking and I would like to know if you have any idea of how much the chop would translate into reality? 3" maybe 3.5" it doesn't look like 4" to me.

Hey Tommy.
    Those photos of the roadster, is that Ken Clarke's workshop?

19. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

20. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Well Wardog, it's all very carefully planned and scientific. Well no it's not really.
    I just do it until it looks right, I can't give you a definitive measurement.
    The only other thing you need to watch out for though, in this case; is your garage is now a little bit chopped also and the trees and the sky. But trust me I am not an environmental vandal!
    When you do chop it, you could do it like Tony and I did with our 3W. Take a bit out, sit the roof back on and see what you reckon and then if you reckon it needs more take a bit more until you end up with what you want. I am sure you guys will get it right! The secret is not to take to much out with the first cut.
    I sought of new that you'd like that cover. Maybe even Gary will like it!

Geoff aka whodaky

21. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I was looking at the covers I have done and started reading the headlines on them. Then I thought to myself I think I can play on some of the wording of those headlines.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

22. image:485.jpg Hey Whodaky
    Awesome magazine covers just keep on popping up.

Attached Files:

23. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

There appears to be a problem with Photobucket at the moment, that is why my images aren't showing!

Geoff aka whodaky

24. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

It looks like Photobucket may be playing the game again! So I thought I might do another cover.
    Gary I am glad you like the covers. I am sure you will like this one also. I was going to add a headline on the floor behind your coupe, but I decided against it! Enjoy

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

25. Wardog

Wardog

image.jpeg I thought you would go with you're gut feeling on the chops. These covers are great. Here is a sneak peak from last night in Kialla.

26. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

You guys always have something going on!
    Here's a cover I just finished.
    Today I have been working on the rear cycle fenders on the 3W. Pulling them down closer to the tire.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

27. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

And still I persist in flogging this dead horse

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

fuzzybear and 509garyd like this.
  28. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

and yet another.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

fuzzybear and 509garyd like this.
  29. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

These old magazines just keep showing up here!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Drewfus, fuzzybear and 509garyd like this.
  30. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here on the HAMB this past few days has been some great images show of the recent TROG west event. My little brain started to think maybe I could do a cover. So I borrowed a few images and produced this.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd likes this.