Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thank's Drewfus, I dug the issue of Austalian Rodder annual a out yesterday after noon; when I finished on my transmission jack project. But I didn't think any of the images in the article would work with one of my covers.
    Having said that I did, like the side shot of it in it's original form. I may keep that in my memory bank.

Geoff aka whodaky

2. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Had a bit of a play this morning. I can't tell you the last time I have looked at my collection of 'Australia Hot Rod' magazines.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  3. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Last one for this morning.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Stogy and 509garyd like this.
  4. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

On a bit of a roll with these today!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Stogy, kidcampbell71 and 509garyd like this.
  5. Stogy and 1blown57 like this.
  6. JAWS

JAWS

Thats just like the coupe I saw as a kid!!! That blue coupe.... oh now black... mmmmmmmm

Thanks!!!

7. Stogy, Tman and kidcampbell71 like this.
  8. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for the images GaryD. Looks like it was cold wet and muddy.

Geoff aka whodaky

9. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

MMMMMMM, not much interest in old magazines that have been messed with?
    Anyhow I just came across 'another' old magazine and I know a couple of families who will really get a kick out of it!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Stogy, 509garyd and RoddyB34 like this.
  10. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I mentioned in a post a number of threads back, that I had finished my trans lift. Today was a great day for painting so I got the parts I had fabricated for it painted.
    I won't go into a long winded description, I will just let the images explain. Basically I had the motorcycle lift and bought the transmission jack adapter head; the rest I made.
    The last few images show it disassembled and all the pieces stored on one of the columns of my 2 poster hoist.
    I think the banjo wheel for the vertical thread adjuster adds a bit of character

Geoff aka

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Drewfus, 509garyd and RoddyB34 like this.
  11. Just got back from chopped, was a great weekend. Very muddy and I'm knackered. at my parents place in echuca for the night then back home tomorrow. Great photochops Geoff

12. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's another that I know a few people here will enjoy.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Stogy, Wardog, Stovebolt and 2 others like this.
  13. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Yesterday I was looking at some great threads on The Hot Rod Hill climb. I saved some images, I am not sure whose they were as there were quite a few, but I thought one would look great on an old magazine cover!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Stogy, fuzzybear and 509garyd like this.
  14. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I'm probably flogging a dead horse with this stuff. But I am enjoying creating these images. If anyone is getting enjoyment out of them, then so be it.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Stogy, rat bastad and 509garyd like this.
  15. Great job on that trans lift Geoff, I like the way you can store it away as well, very clever.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Still messing about with old magazine covers here!
    Thank's Gary. The storage aspect is all about space management!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd and fuzzybear like this.
  17. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I was just reading and looking at some more threads on the Hot Rod Hill climb and thought I would use another image I had saved from one of the threads!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  18. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's one Tony will get a real kick out of.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  19. Wardog

Wardog

Hi Geoff, I haven't been on the H.A.M.B. a lot over the past few weeks with Nagambie, a nice family weekend in between and then chopped as well as being very busy at work. These magazines are awesome, you're photo albums must be fantastic. Tony keep you're head up and good luck with the recovery.

20. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's another cover, a little more arty maybe, which is the affect the original cover had. I am not sure I like it, but it is what it is!!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

21. Hey Whodaky
    Awesome work on the magazine covers my friend, keep em coming. Yeah you are correct, there a quite a few that quite a lot of people really get a kick out of.

22. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Wardog and Gary. Yeah I know there are people out there who will be getting a kick out of the covers. Actually concentrating on them so much lately has allowed me to learn and develop a few techniques on my very basic graphics program.
    Gary I am sure you got a buzz out of the Custom Rodder cover featuring the Kialla Kid.
    I am about to ring Tony, I know what his reaction to it will be.
    But one of my favorites, is the Rod and Custom cover set in Rita and Tony's driveway. With the Rolling Bones '33 3W parked there.

Geoff aka whodaky

23. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's another, it's not as clear as some of the others. But interesting none the less.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  24. kidcampbell71 and Tim_with_a_T like this.
  25. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

hey Gary. Yeah I have seen that coupe before. From England I think. Also, if I remember rightly it was featured in one of the Street Machine magazine hot rod annuls here.
    An interesting coupe, although there is some things about it that aren't my style.

Geoff aka whodaky

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  26. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Since getting back from my week away in the 3W a few weeks ago, I haven't really done anything to the coupe apart from wash it.

Well this morning I decided to give it a clean underneath and generally give a mechanical once over, whilst it was on the hoist.
    The main thing I needed to check was the clutch fork and adjustment rod. You see when I was away I had some issues with the clutch adjustment. When I started looking this morning, the problem was obvious. Turns out the clutch pivot was loose. But this would not be a quick fix, as the thread in the bellhousing/adaptor was virtually non existent.
    So I decided to pull the Muncie, remove the bellhousing /adaptor and make the necessary repairs on the bench. Basically they would be drilling the thread in the bellhousing/ adaptor for the clutch fork pivot the next UNF thread size up. Then building up the stud on the pivot, turning it to the necessary size and rethreading to suit.
    So I got to use my newly completed trans jack. It worked a treat.
    I also got to take a few more measurements for when I eventually do the T5 conversion!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  27. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's another cover for all you guys that like old hot rod coupes, with track noses!!!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    509garyd likes this.
  28. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Damn it's quiet in here. You ever get the feeling there's no one out there and that you are only entertaining yourself?
    I don't know if Tom visits here any longer. But here's a cover I know he and the his boys will like.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
    509garyd likes this.
  29. We're still here mate and still digging the pics. Just not making much noise.

509garyd and RoddyB34 like this.
  30. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Hey Geoff - good to see that your back into hot rodding again. Retirement must be doing you good.

I'd say Tom is laying low because he isn't allowed to chop the US-bodied 5 window. ;)

The Aussie body, on the other hand, really needs a big chop and a slight narrowing of the roof to give it the "proper" proportions IMHO.

Now back to regular programming ......

509garyd likes this.