Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Good to see your updates Geoff, that 3 window is really looking more and more your style, as always love your work.

Look forward to seeing your coupe Tommy at Nagambie, a great run to debut it at and I am sure you will achieve that time frame.

Hey Tony I am sure between you and Mark you will have that roof looking just right. I look forward to catching up with you all this weekend at the reliability run. Spewing I missed the Port Fairy run this year and seeing that 5 window in person, has anyone on here got any photos from the weekend that they can post on here for us to all see?

tommyflathead likes this.
  2. Although there is another thread already started with pics from the 2016 RCCRC reliability run I thought I would post some on here as well. It was great run with great people...
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453796610.687371.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453796651.474392.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453796678.398039.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453796706.315542.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453796736.185756.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453796815.964375.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453796862.086992.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453796901.641994.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453796941.281369.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453796962.804014.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453797016.941291.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453797044.711691.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453797122.170494.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453797160.554921.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1453797192.545811.jpg

3. 19Eddy30

19Eddy30
    from VA

A lot of nice car from down under !!!!

4. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Nice pics Gary, I enjoy the weekend catching up with everyone , good to catch up with Tony again and talk chops, very inspired after seeing franks coupe, what a killer car.

rat bastad likes this.
  5. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for the images Gary. Tony was telling me about the run last night.
    Good to see carol and Frank's 5W made it.

Geoff aka whodaky

6. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg image.jpeg Been working on the Aussie coupe, finally fixed one door, this was some effort + many beers!

7. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg Drivers door come out better than expected!

8. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Looking good Tom.
    I have been plugging away here getting more stuff done on the 3W.
    Yesterday I thought I might change the wheel color. I started by doing one. Liked what I saw and did the other 3 today.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Looks good Geoff. Always amazes me how much wheels and/or tyres can change the look of a car.

10. redzula

redzula

Looks good whodaky.

Seeing you guys down south having all the fun during our winter up here helps it move a little faster back to when we get to have the fun.

Don't remember seeing any in awhile, but have there been any updates with the last grasp build? Just curious you know.

11. A few pics from Queenscliff today
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1454845684.683743.jpg

slv63, thommoina33 and redzula like this.
  12. Geoff, I know we have mentioned this before but I find it funny your 32 is the same one I lusted at as a teenager on the other side of the planet! I wonder how long until we have Star Trek-like transporters and we can just beam over for some benchracing? ;)

13. Hey Whodaky Love the pic of the pair of coupes in your driveway my friend. Tony, sorry to hear you are having trouble with the pain man, believe it or not I am still on top of it & free of all painkillers.

14. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks guys for the responses.
    Hey Fuzzybear. The 3W window has been keeping me busy and I think the more I do to it, the better it is.
    Redzula, not a real lot happened on the 3 window last year; mainly due to me being unwell for quite a few months.
    Thanks for the images Gary D
    Tman, stranger things have happened.
    Hey Gary. Yeah those 2 ol deuce coupes make almost the perfect couple. I have to keep changing things on this 3W to keep up with your constantly evolving 5W.
    Below is a number of images of how the interior now looks.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Tish427, redzula, Drewfus and 2 others like this.
  15. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg Whodacky coupe is looking cool!

Just a bit of an update on my movements lately, sorry to say the pickup has changed hands and is in a new loving home - in its place is this duece! Yet another one to build !!

16. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

congratulations mate I love it.

17. Congrats Tommy, I look forward to hearing all about this roadster....

18. Wardog

Wardog

Well that came outta nowhere! Very nice looking roadster mate.

19. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Tom you have really been infected in this hot rod life , with the problem of getting more projects . It reminds me of myself when I was your age. We keep wanting and collecting cool old hot rod materials , just to build our own cars , that's the key word ,we "BUILD" and not buy finished cars. Geoff and myself and others on here are true home builders and fabricators, and I am so glad to have passed the torch to you years ago , Tom and other friends just keep creating true period "HOT RODS." And never stop teaching younger generations about our enjoyment we have with our hobby of creating things of beauty from these old RELIC'S .

davo461, rat bastad, Luke W and 5 others like this.
  20. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I agree totally with what Tony just wrote.
    I know Tony has been a big influence on Tom, as well on a lot of others, both young and old. I think Tony is very much like me, never scared to encourage those that show an interest. Be it hot rods, or anything else in general.
    So this last couple of weeks I have been giving the underside of my 3W a make-over. I am still yet to repaint the suspension, along with the front and rear-ends. But it is progressing well and is looking really good to this stage.

Geoff aka wohdaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg Thanks Tony And Geoff it means allot coming from you guys

Luke W, thommoina33, Drewfus and 3 others like this.
  22. Geoff your coupe is coming along really good, can't wait to see the changes in person one day soon.

23. Cmon Tommy tell us all about this roadster...

24. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

GaryD let's catch up at the swappo, sit down with me over several beers as this story will take some time!

25. Sounds good Tommy look forward to catching up, see ya Friday...

26. 160129Wistow.jpg
    watercolour

Sorry this non- related to true, but back pain is - a pain. Every 6 weeks, my wife & the chiro lady laugh at my bent shape on the table, so Mrs. Chiro straightens me out a bit, and it seems to work. That & pilates- that works real well for me. I travel for that, 'coz some ain't so good. Gotta shop around for hard-core pilates.
    Yes Lowlids I can recommend this humbly. Howdy Fuzzybear.

509garyd likes this.
  27. Hey spoggie, how's things? Cool watercolour.

Tom that's a nice looking roadster. You'll have to fill me in on the details at the swap.

Geoff, I bet you're glad to have the hoist when doing jobs like that. Makes life much easier.

Hope to catch up with those of you who are going to the swap meet, and those who aren't have a good weekend.

28. 160122BabyGassser.jpg 160204\'24Indian&\'car.jpg 160204Grill\'sFJ.jpg

^ Ah, y'know, trickle of work always comin' thru, all sorts of cars, which I like. Unbelievable car/ bike scene here in SA, per- capita. A really cool thing was a 2nd trip to Paris/ France (just before the trouble). I love Paris.
    Holden is stalled, usual reasons. I'd love a Ford, oh well, FJ is a lil' sweetie, would be OK for scootin 'round Adelaide, I tell myself. How's your rod comin' along? Show us, please.
    Haven't painted many rods lately- here's some recently's..

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    Outback and 509garyd like this.