Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. 63Compact

63Compact

Looking good guys, no chop on the NAPA coupe works a treat.

2. my thoughts exactly....although I was thinking that the fresh body colour might work well if the firewall matched the current wire wheel tone...
    Either way, like the revised look.

Cheers,

Drewfus

greaser likes this.
  3. That's kinda what I meant, guess I wasn't clear

sent via classroom note. pass it on

4. Wardog

Wardog

I'm liking the look of the rear wheel in this photo. I vote for gloss black sloids with blackwalls.

[​IMG]

5. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for the responses guys.Yeah the color of the firewall is still something I need to think more about. It will depend a lot on the wheels and tyres I eventually run. Also the front and rear end assemblies will require a change of color and maybe a splash of chrome.
    Ok, so last Saturday I headed down to Port Fairy; leaving at 4.00 a.m as usual. Pulling into Rita and Tony's garage right on 9.00 a.m. After a coffee and a chat Tony and I headed out into the garage. We formulated a game plan for the next 2 days and withn a hour an half or so we were right into the rubbing back mode on my 3W.
    Around 11.00 a.m. SpencerT, Jude and Mabel Rose were brought over by their other grandparents (Jane and Pete ). Rita and Tony would be looking after the children for the next day and a half.
    So whilst Tony and I were working on my 3W, we would be assisted and entertained by SpencerT and Jude.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Early in the afternoon, Peter; whom I had bought the 3W from; dropped by in his '40 coupe. He gave us a hand masking up the body of the 3W.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    509garyd, thommoina33 and fuzzybear like this.
  6. greaser

greaser

Those wires rule!

7. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Whilst going through images from last weekend's whirlwind color change I came across some more images of our young helpers. If these boys don't become hot rodders, I'll be very surprized.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. They've got the right kind of influences all around them, I'd say there's some damn cool cars in their future.

sent via classroom note. pass it on

9. Peterbilt_379

Peterbilt_379
    from Melbourne

Hey Jeff & tony! Wow use done a really good job on Jeffs 32 3W looks KQQL!!!
    And Tony's new 34 looks KQQL too!!
    Good work guys!! I gotta get on here more often!!
    Shane

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Those shots with the little blokes mean a lot to me Geoff, and thanks Shane I am glad you like our style. Style is what a cool hot rod is made off , plus the stance also helps.

11. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Geoff, thanks for posting the shots of the young blokes, I can see that they love spending time with us and the rods in the shed. We will hand them the torch of hot rodding and maybe they will keep it happening with their families and friends.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  12. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Yeah Tony, it is special having the lil guys hangout in the garage with us. Even if they do keep us on our toes.
    Even if as they grow they don't run with the hot rod thing, we have done our best to try and plant the seed that we hope will stay with them forever.
    At the end of the day we have some wonderful memories and images of the times we have all spent messing around in the Lowlids hot rod hangout.
    Tony I made a spacer for the right rear wheel on your coupe the other day. I have now got that wheel sitting just right. I will roll your coupe out on the weekend and get a shot of it for you.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Calling my nephew Tommy Flathead where are you based now as we haven't heard from you since you visited Lance and Diane. We need you to report to us mate.

14. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Could this be Port Fairy 1950?

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd and Wardog like this.
  15. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Geoff , I really like that shot, and Rita said its very impressive, can't wait for the day when the Napa coupe is sitting in my driveway. And yes it could be Port in 1950 ,thanks mate.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  16. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

And moving right up into the 21st century on the weekend of the rod run.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

17. Geoff, your photoshops crack me up. I was at Tony's place this weekend and the new colour looks great on the 3 window (much better than beige) . I suggested to Tony that you should get a photo of your "twin" 32's together, maybe you could do a photoshop for us?

18. Wardog

Wardog

Geoff you're photoshops are fun to look at, this whole thread is great.

19. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks guys on the comments about my photochops.
    They are very crude, but do give the affect I am after. They are a bit rough and ready because of the simple program I use. But they do take a bit of time and some skill to do.
    So heres one you asked for Fuzzy. My 2 coupes in their fleet color.
    I hope you like it.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

20. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's the same shot, maybe taken back in the day?

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

21. hahaha, good job. hopefully get the real thing soon?

22. Love your work Geoff. That's very talented computer skills you have... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1417084593.384152.jpg

23. Hey Tony, this is the pictures of the gauges and the XP falcon steering wheel we spoke about earlier on the phone for your new Napa coupe. I hope you like the gauges. I will arrange to get them to you when I'm back in a couple of weeks. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1417085115.408412.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1417085127.105835.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1417085160.259876.jpg

24. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Thanks Gary they are perfect and will suit the Napa coupe just fine, thanks again mate. Have a good trip.

25. Peterbilt_379

Peterbilt_379
    from Melbourne

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1417139983.658440.jpg hay Geoff hope u like this Pic mate I took my coupe to Tony's place, U coupes looking KQQL man!

26. Peterbilt_379

Peterbilt_379
    from Melbourne

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1417140095.514484.jpg

27. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Shane I am glad you are sticking with the A coupe.
    So I thought I had better make you step back in time a bit.
    Oh, I know Chris would be smiling down from above; knowing his coupe is back in Port Fairy.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

509garyd and fuzzybear like this.
  28. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Sorry Tony, but I couldn't help myself. This shot is really going to mess with your head.
    And you don't even notice that the house has been chopped 4 inches as well!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  29. Peterbilt_379

Peterbilt_379
    from Melbourne

Cheers Geoff pics look awesome in black n white!
    And Tony's coupe looks mad with that chop U gotta show me how to photo shop! I noticed the pics on other post before..
    Yes Chris would be smiling I this only saying to my self as I was driving down to port fairy I'm gonna finish this car for myself and Chris! But it's also special to me becos tony is helping me on it and your and Tony's touches on that Coupe will really make it something special and wild!!
    I know after the coupes finished I could never sell it!
    Look forward to catching up with U soon

30. Retroline

Retroline

Wow, been a while since I checked this post Geoff. I really like the simplicity of real red oxide, it works on both your coupes. The photochop on the 5 window works well too.