Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg Whodack, don't worry mate we are both from the same box of eggs!! Do you remember when we passed up on this because of a couple of big bills???? We never stopped kicking eachothers assess!!

509garyd likes this.
  2. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

So here we are at the end of the day a couple of weeks ago. And Tom comes out with this. "WHODACK', seeing as your slowly going down all these old country roads, past farms. Maybe you could stop and buy eggs off the farmers and we could then resell them at a profit in the big cities, to help fund our Epic Road Trip/ Vintage Tin Hunt.
    That Tom, he's thinking all the time.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  3. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

untitled.png

Hell Whodack your entrepreneurial way of thinking made us big bucks!!

509garyd likes this.
  4. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Each day it was taking me longer to catch up to the 'Hot Rod Guys' at the end of the day. So I decided to start getting up early and leaving an hour or so before them.
    This particular Saturday morning I pull into this reasonably large country town and start cruising the back streets. I turn this corner and see this older guy washing that black roadster. I won't go into the whole story, but it wasn't for sale. But I left him with my contact information and left it at that. I wasn't going to tell the guys about it, but I did. But I didn't tell them where is was. But he did buy some eggs.
    Even though I left early that morning they still ended up a couple of hours ahead of me at the end of the day!

Geoff aka whodaky aka bus -boy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    509garyd, tommyflathead and fuzzybear like this.
  5. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg Before too long as the legend of the hot rod bus fresh egg supplier to the large expanding metropolises started moving into legend territory, Whodack had the master stroke idea to invent a brand - the Hot Rod Chicken Man! Can't remember if this was me or the Big T that fronted for this early pic??

I must admit to sinking many bottles of tequila whilst i waited for Whodack to turn up at the end of the day so chances are that's me..

Big Daddy Choppitt and 509garyd like this.
  6. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Tom your way of thinking is starting worry me. Hiding away in them thar hills breathing in that rarefied country air,may be messing with your mind.. Expanding on the egg selling concept to hopefully generate a bigger cash-flow to fund more vintage tin purchases.
    Perhaps we could just maybe get a bigger, faster; more reliable bus. Although the old blue and white bus has served us well.
    Whilst writing this I actually hear the crowing of a neighbours rooster.

Geoff aka whodaky

7. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Tom here is the image I was telling you about last evening.
    This one is actually a bit of a twist on the 'to chop or not to chop' concept. I actually chopped the 5W that is parked across the street and left the jalopy coupe alone. Apart from moving the rear wheel rearward to centre it in the wheel-arch
    Having said that I did have a bit of a play and chopped the jalopy and it looked good, but I wanted to run with the 'to chop or not to chop' thing, so left it unchopped.
    It is a great image anyway you look at it.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

8. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

It's been a while since Tony's roadster has made an appearance on a cover. So here it is again.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Wardog, 509garyd and fuzzybear like this.
  9. Reckon he'd be stoked to have the superbell coupe in his driveway.

10. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Yes he would FB. I would liked to have put it in my driveway but couldn't find a suitable image when I was looking.
    I see some great sights when I am rolling down the highway in the bus. Seeing those young guys assisting a stranded lady in the VW was heart warming.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

tommyflathead, 509garyd and fuzzybear like this.
  11. I had a little bit of a score last weekend. A bloke that lives around the corner from me had a pile of rubbish on his nature strip and as I was driving past I noticed a glass display case amongst it. I spoke to him and he said I could take it away. This morning I had a bit of a tidy up and filled it with model cars.[​IMG]

tommyflathead and 509garyd like this.
  12. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Nice score FB.
    Here's a new cover. It features a very rare shot of the bus with the 'hot rod guys' coupes at the end of the day during the daylight hours. I had actually made really good time that particular day and it would seem the 'hot rod'guys' had got hopelessly lost. But eventually we all ended up in Colfax in California.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd and fuzzybear like this.
  13. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's a neat cover that says so much.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

tommyflathead and 509garyd like this.
  14. Looks like he's rattling off the specs of the engine. "She's got a 3/4 race cam, milled heads, offset ground crank, and when I install the new 3 deuce intake she should be good for 160mph." And she's thinking to herself "when's he gonna shut up about this damn car and take me to the dance?"

15. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

FB, maybe she rattled off the specs. Then he's pointing and asking what's that thing there?
    Just sayin!
    It is a great image though

Geoff aka whodaky

Outback likes this.
  16. Ah ha maybe that look on her face isn't "shut up and take me to the dance" but "shut up you're an idiot and I'm going to smoke you on the track"

17. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Maybe he is hanging around because of her deuce roadster.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

18. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Has been pretty quiet in here the last couple of days.
    Tom dropped in here yesterday in the shiny coupe. So I thought I would do a cover featuring it.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

20. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Yeah Gary, the trip is going well. More so for he 'hot rod guys' as it would seem they did a bit of fishing along the way.
    But at least I am making a mile and still turning over eggs , in the cities.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

21. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's another new cover, featuring an A roadster I really like the look of.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

22. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I am on a bit of a roll tonight.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

23. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

As Whodack states we should put all our eggs in the one basket, so as a plan to diversify our business opportunities on the road we did some sturgeon fishing in the hope of milking the caviar out of them for a massive increase in old tin profits !! The grandmaster Whodack plans on running a fleet of old busses to haul our ever increasing barn funds back to shipping ports all over the country!

24. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Ah ha, a new game plan that doesn't involve a worn out chicken suit, with an old wornout hot rodder inside posing as the chicken man. As yet the "Caviar Plan' is still in it's infancy. So that last cover isn't a shot of vehicles we have bought being loaded for export.
    But we remain hopeful and I live in hope of a newer bus/buses..

Geoff aka whodaky

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    509garyd likes this.
  25. Loving the way you boys think. More buses, more tin and to top it off caviar. The world is your oyster ha ha!!

Outback and 509garyd like this.
  26. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Now I am going to have to Google, gathering caviar from fish eggs. As If I haven't got enough to do, driving this bus.
    Then, when all this really takes off and we have more than one bus, I'll have to recruit drivers.
    This epic road trip thing started out so simple!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

fuzzybear and 509garyd like this.
  27. I'll drive but I'm not wearing the chicken suit.

Big Daddy Choppitt likes this.
  28. Count me in as a driver Geoff but who is going to be my navigator? I get lost really easy on these back roads!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg Whodack we had uncovered a gold mine with your master stroke creativity of throwing a line into the Columbia River. Little did we know as you and the big T where frying eggs over easy on the shore for breakfast that the big sturgeon i jagged on the tail had such s bounty!!! The local bank got sick of counting the Heshan bags full of cash...

30. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

image.jpeg Before long we where able to bank roll several friends from down under to fly the kangaroo hop over the ditch to join us on our journey to travel the US for vintage tin as the story of our journey evolves!