Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Friday night was held at the Moorabbin plane museum, the band was the F100's and they really rocked the night away, more photos to come from Saturday and Sunday, however I will most likely do them tomorrow when I can, time now to chat with the wife and daughter and tell them all about this great weekend that I had along with great Mates and my brother as well. We then finished this amazing weekend off at the Calder National drags this afternoon and we managed to get home from that at about 9.00 o'clock tonight so I am little tired as well.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  2. Thanks for the pics Gary, some great cars there.

kool 52 and 509garyd like this.
  3. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Yes thanks for taking the time to show us the beginning of your hot rod weekend Gary. I look forward to more when you have the time to post.

Geoff aka whodaky

4. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here' a new cover I just completed.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

5. Another great cover Geoff, black and white photos really look the part.

6. The Saturday for the Reliability run kicked off at a private museum near Berwick, words cannot describe the private collection of cars and memorabilia that I have ever seen.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  7. Once finished there we headed off travelling around Cockatoo - Gembrook and numerous other great little towns and the final destination for tea was at launching place, a great drive taking in some great roads including dirt gravel roads that just added fun to the whole adventure.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. And some more from Saturday
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    My car after getting some fuel on the way home at BP Eastlink and also topping up the radiator, I got a leak in the radiator late in the day but all worked out well once Tony suggested I put some pepper in it to get me home, it held well and got us home trouble free, what a huge day but well worth the drive.
    [​IMG]

9. Sunday morning breakfast was held at Kustom Lane Gallery factory in Oakleigh, another great day, some different cars showed up as well, a few more pics that I managed to snap as well.
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    There were allot more cars there but I just run out of time to get more photos, but I am sure the pics I did get really give a good idea on how great this weekend was.

11. Finally every year that I have ever been on this run, one of the many highlights is the auctions held and I always end up buying a few things for memory sake, this year I got this doctors bag, the Vultures CC Tasmania run book and few RCCRC stickers, a huge thanks to the Bailey boys, there artwork is just simply the best. There were a few stories going around on Sunday morning after I won this bag in the auction about me and the docs bag but it was all in good fun, thanks to Tony and Vic.
    [​IMG]

12. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thankyou Gary for such a great selection of images, as well as your commentary about the 3 days.
    You will really enjoy the Vultures book. Probably more because you now know a few of the gals and guys and put names to faces when you see them in the book.
    Thanks again.

Geoff aka whodaky

kool 52 likes this.
  13. swifty

swifty

Thanks for the pics Gary, you even got a pic of the wife's 33 in the mix. We had to take that after my coupe came home on a tilt-tray on Friday arvo. Was good to meet you at the run also.

kool 52 likes this.
  14. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  15. Wardog

Wardog

IMG_0864.JPG What a great weekend. It was great to meet a few people from this thread and see some old friends. The whole run is well thought out and a credit to all involved. If ever there was a ready made cover photo it would have to be Rhys' photo from the private car museum that was the start point. This shot is already going viral.

16. kool 52

kool 52

Geoff,digging these covers,Gary it was great to have a chance to chat on the weekend,rapt you got the bag.Cheers Bails

17. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks guys.
    Yeah Wardog, I had my eye on that image.

Geoff aka whodaky

18. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here you go.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

19. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

20. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Geoff do you mind if I use your 2 magazine covers for our river city face book page.

21. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Your more than welcome to use those images thommoina33.

Geoff aka whodaky

22. swifty

swifty

23. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Hi Gary.Thanks for posting those pictures.Looks like you folks Down Under have some really sweet rolling stock.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

24. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

No worries Peter. It's all about the details. But I didn't think of addressing it when I first did the cover.
    Now your lovely wife can say her coupe has been on the cover of Custom Rodder.

Geoff aka whodaky

25. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's another cover using a shot from the reliability run.
    Now it's back to work on the house.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Luke W, rat bastad, Outback and 5 others like this.
  26. p__moore

p__moore

thommoina33, kool 52, Drewfus and 3 others like this.
  27. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Pat. roadster looks great. Love the single rear tail-light.
    Was on the phone earlier to Tony. He had a great week-end and spoke very highly of your hot rod and said everyone loved it.
    I see a magazine cover in the not to distant future.!

Geoff aka whodaky

kool 52 likes this.
  28. Geoff, you appear to be going viral. Your covers have been all over Facebook and instagram today.

thommoina33 likes this.