Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Last Daily Driver Update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 6, 2011.

1. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Went back and re-read the whole "daily driver" thread. Ahh, the absolute certainty of youth! But welcome now to the vague realities of "middle age".

I hope this is the biggest compromise you ever have to make.

2. Ryan, you are still the "bad ass from Dripping Springs"! Funny, I am stressed driving my "modern car", but that's because it is worn out and needs too much work, that my skill levels and body just aren't up to. That plus the fact, I deal with other peoples vehicle problems all day at my job, so I find even thinking of trying to repair my daily driver, a major effort. I think you will just appreciate the rewards of those old car drives even more, since they will be a change from the Merc.;)

3. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

Delete yourself.....Posting about your off topic car and having all your boys tell you how great it is..come on

4. moefuzz

moefuzz

5. I had been telling my dad about your '39, and it being your daily, when he more or less "dared" me into putting my money where my mouth was. I found a "freshened up" 30+ year old build '37 Ford Sedan. The builder had put in a '98 Vortec 350, fresh Turbo 400, and a bulletproofed Columbia 2 speed, and it all had less than 1,500 miles on it. We flew out to New Mexico on May 4, 2011, bought the car, and drove it back to SWMO. Last week, I rolled over 5,100 on the odometer.

Since I am still working out little bugs here and there on the '37, I wound up taking my '40 on a 400+ mile road trip last week.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nhlAly3MGWc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have the nervous thing when I am driving the '40, because it's been part of my life the past 40 years. The '37 doesn't have near the sentimental value to me, and I don't mind driving the socks off of it.

My 14 year old, mountain bike hauling, Astro van has been sold, so it's either hot rod driving or bicycle riding now.

6. cmlove

cmlove

I have been driving a 1950 Chevy (pieces barely holding together) for about a year now. I am not the guy who drives it every day, but it has been over 90% of the time. I love it and feel many of the same emotions you are expressing. I really enjoy driving the car. But, I'll have to admit it's not stock. The drive train in modern, but no air, power steering, radio, heater, etc. I get lots of looks and lots of comments when I stop somewhere. It's been a blast!