Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Kripple Kart is done, thank you time.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kripfink, Aug 17, 2009.

1. jeebers02

jeebers02
    from ohio

i agree with everyone it looks great

2. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I've really got to hand it to you. You're a real inspiration to me, and hopefully others as well.
    Your determination, drive and enthusiasm for our hobby, in spite of your "obstacles", is truly praise-worthy.
    Congratulations and "enjoy the ride"!

3. rdemilt

rdemilt
    from so florida

As you can see from how often I post, I usually just read around here,
    But this definatly deserves some typing on my part. I watched as you started your project and thought it looked great then, but now! Way to go !!! Thanks for a great story and i hope you enjoy it for many years.

4. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

It turned out really nice man! I'm glad to hear it is finished!

5. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!

6. Gigantor

Gigantor

Now THAT is inspirational. Where would we be without good friends and loved ones. Congratulations, that is one hell of a truck to bring you back into the lifestyle.

7. WhoDoYouFink

WhoDoYouFink

Not really adding anything new........But I loved the build pics in your other thread and the finished product rules!

8. mj40's

mj40's

Aren't friends cool! Great looking ride.

9. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Best looking panel I've seen. Enjoy it!

10. DRD57

DRD57

You are very blessed to have great family and friends. That's the best thing to get us through the rough patches in life. The truck is very cool too.

11. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

Beautiful custom, man. Just beautiful. If you don't mind me asking, I too would like to see some of the creature comforts you have added to make it more 'chair friendly'. My big brother is a paraplegic and I am always on the lookout for things that will allow him to get out and about more often. Thanks again.

12. RichG

RichG

right on man!

13. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

And don't forget for showing off :D

X38 has it right although mine is a little bit of a cheat, it's called a nova phone made out of an old general electric handset and it plugs into a cell phone which is velcro'd to the back of the heater box.

I have to say, wow I never expected this kind of response, it really makes it all worthwhile. Thanks everyone. For those folks who wanted more photos, here's a few of my favorite bits in lower resolution so they should load better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tailgate adaptation, ramp, IMHO Julie's stunning rear interior.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 rear shotgun seats, floor dropped between the rails and wheelchair seatbelt restraints with Trinidad carpet and pleated covered storage boxes for my medical equipment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A couple of shots of 2 of my favorite features, Jim's brilliant lakepipe/running board adaptation with the gold flake paint to tie in with the '54 new yorker hubcaps, Tootall Paul's gold pinstriping, the flake V8 and gold anodised grille mesh.

Hope you like em.
    Paul

14. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Liked it before, love it now. Great looking truck.

15. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

It doesn't have to be period correct...as long as it gets you out of that Mercedes...

I'd go rod running in that panel any day of the week and twice on Sundays...

Great job and a "well done" to all those involved...

R-

16. Big Nick

Big Nick

Insane, I followed the build! Amazing.

17. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Paul: One word ::: BITCHEN !!!!! Have Fun!!

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

That thing is absolutely stunning. And it's made all the cooler by its purpose. Congratulations!

19. monsterflake

monsterflake

do ride facing forward or backward?

20. Lancelot Link

Lancelot Link

Paul , it came out rather well didn't it ? !!

I have been following the build on this truck from the beginning as Royal Kustoms operate from the same yard as me....

I make no secret of not being a huge fan of flake , but this truck does look incredible...

I'm really pleased that you got what you set out to get ...THE RIGHT PEOPLE WERE ON THE JOB , I don't want to take anything away from the other helpers , but the sacrifices and time that Jim and Julie put into getting this truck finished for the Hayride were immense ....far above and beyond the call of duty...

They should rightfully be as proud of their accomplishments as you should be for owning such an inspirational Kustom...

21. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

22. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I wheel forwards up the ramp,so I can see through windshield,and two more restraints keep the back of the chair anchored,so I neither rear back on acceleration or forward on braking.

Damn straight Gary.I should mention that Jim & Julie have had a lot of midnite finishes,& when we collected her at 1.oopm on friday they had been working NON STOP since 9.00am THURSDAY TO HAVE HER READY IN TIME for the Hayride ! ! ! Talk about dedication:eek:

23. mikes51

mikes51

The lake pipes are a great detail. It's not easy to make them look like part of the body like you did.

I like how clean the floor came out. Usually there are those rectangular plates on the floor for the wheel chair hold downs. I can't even see where the hold down devices would hook up to. Very clean.

The ramp is custom made? Kudos to whoever designed that. That is a pretty long ramp and it folds up to a pretty small package.

24. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Stunning! What a great truck and story...enjoy!

25. Oh Man! Gorgeous truck.

26. ... Paul that thing turned out great. I think everyone would be happy to go out cruisin in that ride, hell, if I was drivin' I'm not sure if we'd ever get back :D. I was really surprised to see how the rear doors opened, I went back to look at the first pics to see how you disguised it. Have fun dude, that thing's great !!!!!!

27. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Julie at Royal Kustoms has asked me to point out that the interior IS NOT FINISHED TO HER COMPLETELY HIGH STANDARDS & that she will be having her back to perfect it in the winter.:eek:
    Paul

28. Damm Paul...Julie did an awesome job on the interior...the whole thing is amazing...

You must be stoked.

29. I think this is GREAT!! Watching this from the start it has come out to be a very nice ride, usefull with all the adaptations you made to it for your freedom. I hope this inspires others with disabilities to do the same. I had a friend who had MS, a couple others and myself were building a model a sedan delivery for him and it was all done except for the final fitting of the rear door/ramp when he unexpededly pass on. keep up the good work and glad to see your finally finished with it.

30. I'm not a big fan of panel trucks, but yours is freakin GORGEOUS.