Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Kellison

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Sue for what? He ripped off AC for the body, they ripped off a guy who built a one off sports car, and he ripped off the Ferrari Barchetta. So the guys who build Cobras, are building a ripoff of a ripoff of a ripoff of a ripoff of a Ferrari.

Since Shelby did not invent the body, chassis, engine, or anything else but the name I don't see what he created.

I do appreciate the cars he built but if there was ever a big fat blowhard who loved to scam the public and claim other people's accomplishments as his own, it was Shelby.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. isaac's mouse

isaac's mouse
    from Omaha

theres a guy in omaha, ne. named gary gorelik ?????? restoring one of these that was the cascio's steak house sponsored red drag car..injected big block chev ...originally built by tom emi ????? somebody should find them and tell them about this site where ever they are now.

3. isaac's mouse

isaac's mouse
    from Omaha

there was also a second one in omaha back in the day..a rare roadster version street car owned by rusty rushton ????? a paint supply shop owner at the time. who or where are they now ??

4. G. Hacker

G. Hacker

rod1, chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  5. Jojada Reiss

Jojada Reiss

Kellisons doesn't come up for sale that often, so I hope with this post there is someone that knows of a Kellison J-6 Panther that is for sale. I'm looking for a J-6 that I can use on the road here in The Netherlands, therefore a drag/hotrod type of car unfortunately doesn't do the trick. The best I could wish for is a unmolested J-6 with a chassis/motor/drivetrain of a Corvette. In that way it will be much easier to get it road-registered in the Netherlands. You can email me at [email protected].
    best regards,
    Jojada Reiss
    The Netherlands

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  6. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

This one still pops up on Craigslist, don't think they ever sold it.

7. Michael McPherson entered his full custom Kellison Coupe (cantered quad headlights, dual side vents and custom paint.) in the Street Sports Coupe class at the 1966 Oakland Roadster Show:

1966-Grand-National-Roadster-Show-Oakland-Archives-8-of-27.jpg

8. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I missed a later model one sitting in an impound lot . I’m sure it was 440 powered .

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

10. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I got one this summer. I wasn’t planning to but that’s how things work. It’s a J5 on a Kellison chassis. 283 and T-10. I have all the parts (door handles, glass, etc). 4EF5D2CB-F68B-4B1A-9230-0A7E73DC5D97.jpeg

das858, El Hueso, sdluck and 3 others like this.