Register now to get rid of these ads!

The H.A.M.B. Classifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 18, 2012.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sounds like a long over due great idea to me! I never realized I was the only one who read the classified adds rules...

2. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

regards ebay ref

can you reference to a add later then 64???thanks

3. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Good work Ryan!
    Now,please eliminate "qoutes" and responses from the Friday Art Show,just ART and no excuses or responses.Comments thru I/M's?
    Thank you!

4. KIRK!

KIRK!

Cool! The other bummer is guys listing every item as its own thread. This pushes everyone down the list however menu auctions that guy has every time he bumps them all. I've seen 10+ listings from the same person, one item per.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

I was shutdown on eBay for 3 weeks because I owed them a ton of money. Listed one item on the HAMB that sold in a day, got paid by paypal INSTANTLY, paid eBay and got back in business listing unfriendly to the HAMB items, life is good! Time to list a few more HAMB related things here. Thank you Ryan! Bob

6. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

evolution, it happens. 15 years in the making. i like the idea of art only on the art show too. after all, it is a show, not a chat thread....

7. Good change and about time. Too many posting on ads all the time. Now if you could only make people selling a car post at least one photo as a rule.

8. Thanks Ryan. I like it. At least I like the first part. Not sure about the e-bay thing, but I'll reserve judgement, hopefully that part will work out. If the extra funds help keep the HAMB viable, then it will all be worthwhile...........Don.

9. I totally agree with this. I think if you have something to sell, no matter how common or known a ca ror part is you should post a picture of said item. General condition can at least be ascertained so you at least have a chance of buyng something you want. Please guys. Post a picture. It's not that much effort. My 2 cents. Again.

Last edited: May 18, 2012
  10. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Good changes, don't know about the ebay thing though. What about posting pictures for guys? Some guys can't quite get a handle on how to post pictures. It helps if one can help them out by posting pictures for them.

11. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

12. truckjim

truckjim

Good changes. How about dumping ads when item sells? Maybe automatically after certain time?

13. fbama73

fbama73

For those of us in the middle of a build, and constantly shopping, this new system will be a very welcome improvement. Thank you!

14. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

I like it! .... Now if we could only see the prices when using our TJJ iPhone APs!

15. CGkidd

CGkidd

So does this mean curious rash is gonna get a break?

16. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I like the new "No Reply" rule and this is an excellent point by KIRK. Consolidate your ads!! :mad:

17. Cool! Thanks Ryan' I had just asked cob to cleanup my ad the other night! Cleanup no more!

18. ryno

ryno

I think if people actually posted sold and better yet went in and closed their own thread we would not have the 2 year bumps of " still got it"

19. So the stuff that is overpriced is still going to be relative to the amount BTTs on it? ... wish there was a cure for that, maybe an expiration date on the ad.

20. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Makes sense to me...Good change...
    Cheers......

21. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

This may be the best idea yet. After to much time, let the ad die. Put a 2week, 3 week, or even a 4 week window, after that the ad goes away. Problem solved.....shorter is better, if you want to sell on the HAMB you will spent the time to post every once and awhile, if your a spammer this may be a little to much work to screw with this forum??
    Just an idea.

22. 117harv - I completely agree with you about newbies not knowing that "PM" is the abbreviation for the term "Private Message" ... Heck, I'd even venture to say that HAMBers that have been here for several years still don't know that the abbreviated version of the word "Addition" is "Add" and the abbreviated version of the word "Advertisement" is "Ad". :rolleyes: :D

23. FIFTY2

FIFTY2

Awesome upgrade....now all I have to do is find that Amphicar ive been looking for

:)

24. slammed

slammed

OP/Seller can delete the ad entirely would lighten the load. I have done that w/ most of mine lately.

25. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

thank you sir

may I have another

Congrats, Dad.

26. raidmagic

raidmagic

do u still have this? call me 555-555-555

27. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

excellent!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  28. Ryan- Your show- Your rules This site just keeps getting better all the time.

29. Firepower71

Firepower71
    from Atlanta

Sounds like a good change, now if we could only figure out how to punish all those bogus "rust free" posts.

30. sounds plausible to me