Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Gary Howard Fire... Spare a dime?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 24, 2011.

1. abc123

abc123

I don't know him and never heard of him but since Ryan and the others say he's a good guy I just sent a hundred. I hope that things work out well for him.

2. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ditto.

3. coleminer

coleminer
    from East Texas

My husband got home from work and I told him what had happened and what I had done. He wanted to look at the posts - so we did. He was as moved as I was and said to send more. We would just stay home this weekend! Not a problem... He said to make this donation from those who wanted to donate but couldn't and add their names to the list of contributors. Thanks for helping. Hope we get to meet him and you sometime. We plan on being at the Roundup. Any chance of buying you a beer?

4. Phastphil

Phastphil

I'm in, donation sent. Many years ago (1972) my garage burned with a car project and all my tools, it was a total loss, I had no money, all too well I know the feeling. It was a heartbreaking mess, but my '32 was outside and undamaged and I still have it! Gary, best of luck, things will work out, there's a lot of good people pulling for you!

Phil

5. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

I'm in. I love this place. Right on Ryan.

6. SquireDon

SquireDon
    from Oregon

10 Bucks on the way. Hope it helps.

7. jdj9410

jdj9410
    from Paris TX

8. starliner62

starliner62

Donation sent.

I am so impressed by the brotherhood of this forum. I am extremely proud to be part of it. I wish I had joined years ago. I have not met Gary or many you in person yet, but I hope to change that soon.
    Best wishes to Gary and his family.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  9. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

A Great Talent, love his work paypal sent

10. Kanadia Kev

Kanadia Kev

Im in. He is on the list of people I would like to meet.

11. Philbilly

Philbilly

I hate to hear that. I just made a donation.

12. tubby44

tubby44
    from Long Beach

That sucks I just kick a few dollars !! I hope more people kick in a few dollars for someone down on his luck!

13. Ryan, I posted this on my website. Hope I can get some of my people over your way with help. Spoke to Gary earlier, says he doing OK and wants to thank everyone for the kindness. Considering the tragic event he is one helluva big (should I say sweet!?) man.

Hot rods, kustoms...that's religion, man.

14. I will offer a pot of my Hydrazine Flash! Chili™, to be prepared at the home or shop of the winner, at auction next week. So Cal only. Unless someone wants to fly me further... ha ha It's pretty good chili, if I do say so myself.

Gary Howard has built cars that I like, a lot. Given me a bunch of grins. I'd be proud to help.

Chili Phil
    (note the Chili part)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  15. Sent. The man sure adds class to the hotrod and custom world. I've admired his cars since the first one I layed eyes on. Hate bad luck comin' along like this, gotta get him back under way.

16. BELLM

BELLM

Just sent a few bucks paypal. I have to meet Doc, been same place many times never had the opportunity. Doc that is an awesome donation! If something is set up for a group of us to donate time to build a new shop I have a few useable building skills & tools.

17. Dzus

Dzus

Does he need a booth? My neighbor is the Devilbiss rep and I could ask if he knows of any deals. A couple years back I could have got an old school trade in from him dirt cheap.

Quick solution would be to clear his old slab and bolt a booth to it. A quick metal roof, and later wrap a metal building around it.

Any other immediate tool needs?

18. XXX

XXX
    from AUSTIN

A good friend introduced me to Gary over 10 years ago and Gary built a full custom 1960 Chevy for me. And it is a hell of a car. Gary is unquestionably maybe the most artistic and talented man I have ever met. He is more that a car guy.... he is an artist... he is a sculptor... I consider him a genius. This incredible talent is only surpassed by his integrity, his kindness and his unassuming manner. To get to know Gary has been an honor. I am not one to allow my heart to bleed all over a web page but, i am doing so in the hopes that any of you that reads this will reach down and pull out a few bucks and send it on to help this fine man out.
    Many of you that live in all parts of the world will never have the honor of meeting this man but, take it from me, if you get the chance you are a lucky person.
    so, I ask with all due love and respect to send a little.... it doesn't take a lot. jut a little from each of you.
    thanks for your consideration
    Mike

19. drunkandgreasy

drunkandgreasy
    from nunya

Sent what I could via paypal...good luck on the rebuild Gary, sounds like your friends have your back on this one...

Good on you.

Cheers
    Hodge

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Proof Gary is one hell of a guy... His very being got Mike to post on the HAMB!!!!! Hell has officially frozen over gentlemen.

21. 41fred207

41fred207

bad sh!t happens to good people all the time and usually at the worst time. sounds like a good 'nuff fella, i'll throw what i can.

22. Reading XXX Mike's comment makes me believe there is no hell (well maybe hell rods) in this group, just the gearhead religion and he is preachin' to us. Thanks for inspiring words Mikey...from Mikey. Now all we need is for JV to ring in.

23. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Sent something via Pay-pal. Not a fortune, but I hope it helps. Best of luck with rebuilding the shop.

24. I just got word of this and sent a small amount which I hope is of some good use. I do wish all the best to Gary.

25. 193257

I was very fortunate to meet Gary last year at the roundup. He was cleaning one of Jimmie Vaughn's cars and I walked up and introduced my self. Hard to tell you how humble this guy is. He really made a nobody feel like somebody. Gary please don't take offense to this but from one old bodyman to another GOOD LUCK and hope this helps. Rick

26. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

So sorry to hear the news. Just awful. Let us know ANYTHING else we can do to help Gary.
    John

27. Don't know Gary, but I've admired some of his work. You had me at ice green 55 Chevy..............

[​IMG]

28. Done....
    Ryan,
    I have a fairly large 3phase compressor and tank setup at the shop, that could use a home....."Gary's". I'ts his,....if he could use it(spend the other $ on other stuff?).
    Really sad to hear what happened.

29. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

ok im down with an auction to help! airbrushed monster shirt. and maybe a toilet seat! be on the lookout in the next week kids!