Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Further Adventures of a Car Dad and his Family PICTURE HEAVY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by enloe, Jul 2, 2014.

1. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

No problem I had wanted to go to the Corvette expo this weekend but it looks like I am going to work instead. I am also a little low on funds:)

els likes this.
  2. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well I ordered my master cylinder for the Vette. Just like Johnny Cash said "one piece at a time" but it is definitely going to cost more than a dime:)

els likes this.
  3. captmullette

captmullette

one foot in front of the other, 1 part at a time

4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

These cars are taunting me. I am seeing them everywhere. I saw this one while I was at work.
    I had to go to one of our offsite warehouses. There it was.
    I don't know much about it but when I looked in it, it looked stock. Upon closer inspection I saw the console had a 5 speed gear layout on it.

IMG_0471.JPG IMG_0473.JPG

els likes this.
  5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

If any of you guys are around Cleveland Tn. Saturday our last cruise in of the year will be going on. Come on down.
    Free swap meet it is not too big but sometimes you can get some good deals. people will be at the swap meet by around 9 or 9:30 cruise in doesn't start till noon.
    Look for our wagon we will probably be there around 2

6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

IMG_0479.JPG IMG_0481.jpg IMG_0482.jpg IMG_0483.jpg IMG_0484.jpg IMG_0485.jpg IMG_0486.jpg IMG_0487.jpg IMG_0488.jpg IMG_0489.jpg IMG_0490.jpg IMG_0491.jpg IMG_0492.jpg IMG_0493.jpg IMG_0494.jpg Ethan and I loaded up Saturday morning and went deer hunting. then he had football practice. Then we loaded up and went to the last local cruise in of the year.
    Ethan and I took the wagon
    Here are some pics

els and chevy57dude like this.
  7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

more pics

IMG_0495.jpg IMG_0496.jpg IMG_0497.jpg IMG_0498.jpg IMG_0499.jpg IMG_0500.jpg

the little Suzuki was cool it was 1300.00

els likes this.
  8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

If I remember the black Olds had a 6 liter LS in it

els likes this.
  9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well it has been a few weeks since I have posted anything on this thread. I went to Cumming Georgia last Wednesday and Thursday for work. While I was down there I did a "mini" shop tour. We will call it the "HOT ROD TRIFECTA". I will post pics at lunch today.

I just want to say thanks for to the H.A.M.B.ers that let me come to their garages and showed thier hospitality it really meant a lot.

els likes this.
  10. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

1ST I went to Tony's (Dog Patch) house to check out his Southeast Gasser Dodge coupe build. That is going to be one hell of a ride. I also took a few pics of his garage. It is a really cool place and a good use of space.

DSCN5260.JPG DSCN5261.JPG DSCN5262.JPG

Then Tony loaded me up in his coupe and took me for a ride to Russ's (Cabbage) house. I kept telling him I was afraid it was going to ruin me. I hadn't ridden in a car that old and with the Hemi and open pipes and 4 speed and spool it was one hell of a ride:) DSCN5265.JPG DSCN5266.JPG
    Russ's place was chock full of Hot Rod goodness lots of cool parts and projects. His house was a really nice place also. I really liked his "Reading Room" DSCN5267.JPG DSCN5270.JPG DSCN5271.JPG
    Cool Merc with a beautiful Flathead. DSCN5272.JPG DSCN5273.JPG

Attached Files:

els and Baron like this.
  11. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Lastly I went by Jason and his wife's house (onebad210) He had a 57 chevy post that is going to be one nice ride. The motor looks like jewelry.
    The garage had lots of Gas on oil memorabilia in it also.We hung out for a while and his wife brought some BBQ.

All in all it was a great trip and I had a great time thanks guys. I just wished my son had been with me he would have had a ball.

DSCN5275.JPG DSCN5276.JPG

els likes this.
  12. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

IMG_0534.jpg IMG_0527.jpg
    On Saturday we went to our annual Redneck Get together.
    BRING YOUR OWN FIREARMS
    BRING A COVERD DISH
    BRING YOUR OWN ALCOHOL
    We shoot then we eat then they drink. A good time was had by all
    1st pic is Ethan shooting my Colt Anaconda 44 mag with some of my light target handloads in it.
    2nd pic Ethan shooting my Remington 597 Target .22

els likes this.
  13. Good talkin' to ya last Wed. night Enloe! You're welcome anytime my friend....

14. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I believe the store you were thinking about is the Cabelas in Acworth. man it was awesome

els likes this.
  15. Gman0046

Gman0046

Enloe, Where are the Deer pictures? Just thinking about that marinated Backstrap makes my mouth water.

Gary

16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Don't have one yet it was a youth day and we only were in the woods for an hour and a half. then he had football practice.
    Hopefully soon:)

els likes this.
  17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well I have been gathering bits and pieces for my Corvette. I got the calipers and the master cylinder. I am going to try to get a lot of the little stuff like belts hoses fluids now. I am off the last 2 weeks of the year so I will try to have a ton of stuff to throw at the car while I am off.

The plan is to take the car to Bowling Green next year. We will put it on a trailer as I can't pack enough stuff for me and my son to tent camp for 4 days.

els likes this.
  18. It was fun hanging out with you Enloe! Now you know where to hang out when you are down this way! Surprised you didn't snap a pic of Russ' Reading Room.

19. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I thought I did I had a momentary lapse that is often referred to a "BRAIN FART"

els likes this.
  20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well it has been a while since I have posted in this thread. I have been doing a lot of stuff lately UNFORTUNATELY not a lot of it has had to do with cars.
    The kids both are playing basketball, I have been hunting , I have also been reloading ammo for shooting endeavors.

I did go a few weeks ago on a wild goose chase. Supposedly a friend of the family had a bunch of old trucks at her farm that her dad owned. I went with my brother in law to check them out. There was a Model A 4 door sedan he was interested in. I was also told there was a 32 ford truck (I was interested in that).

The model A was there and he made the deal on it. The 32 ford was not there:( we had a good day anyway.
    I will post some pics soon.

els likes this.
  21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I also had a birthday the 5th I went to the shooting range that day. Then Saturday night my wife and I went to Chattanooga to T Bones bar and saw Husky Burnette and had supper.
    I have to say thanks to Dog Patch for having his music going in his garage the night I went down there. It wAs a great show.

els likes this.
  22. Partying with the wife, hunting with the kids and fooling around with old cars, it can't get much better. Stay with it.
    OT perhaps but the suzy x-6 brought back some old memories. The early, pre watercooled years of my m/c roadracing years. I loved those times, thanks.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well here are the pics I promised from the trip to look at the old trucks. Like I said my brother in law made a deal on the sedan. My son wanted us to take the old trucks.

DSCN5342.JPG DSCN5343.JPG
    I believe this truck was an old hot rod. It had an old Pontiac engine in it.
    DSCN5344.JPG DSCN5345.JPG DSCN5346.JPG DSCN5347.JPG DSCN5348.JPG DSCN5349.JPG
    I told the lady we might be interested in the old F100s But it would be in the spring.

els and Dog_Patch like this.
  24. captmullette

captmullette

good pics and it looked like a good time with russ, tony, and Jason............get that vette ready....got the motor out of my A and gonna add a little h.p.....what are you feeding ethan ....man he's growing...take care

25. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Raw meat and Gunpowder trying to make him mean :)

els likes this.
  26. Enloe - Great set of photos! The early '60s Chevy truck with the tree sitting on it brought me back. One of my teenage rides was something similar. Only worse!

enloe likes this.
  27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.
    The West "men" got firearms and other stuff for our other hobby.
    Santa brought Ethan a Remington 870 express and the family got me a Henry Rifle in 44mag.
    Now its time to get back to the automobiles.
    What did you guys get?

els likes this.
  28. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

WELL THIS SATURDAY WE WILL BE HEADING TO NASHVILLE TO THE SWAP MEET. WE AREN'T GOING TO SELL JUST LOOK AROUND AND MAYBE BUY SOME STUFF. I HAVEN'T BOUGHT A SET OF VALVE COVERS IN A WHILE:) I THINK I AM GOING THRU WITHDRAWL

els likes this.
  29. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

We had a good trip. I will post some pics later today. I saw some neat vehicles and I got the "valve cover monkey" off of my back (temporarily) :)

els likes this.
  30. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well here are some pics as promised. Some will be on topic and some won't enjoy what you like and ignore the rest :)
    I really like this
    DSCN5359.JPG DSCN5361.JPG DSCN5360.JPG DSCN5362.JPG DSCN5379.JPG DSCN5363.JPG DSCN5364.JPG DSCN5365.JPG DSCN5366.JPG DSCN5367.JPG DSCN5368.JPG DSCN5369.JPG DSCN5370.JPG DSCN5371.JPG DSCN5372.JPG DSCN5373.JPG DSCN5374.JPG DSCN5375.JPG DSCN5376.JPG DSCN5377.JPG DSCN5378.JPG DSCN5380.JPG DSCN5381.JPG DSCN5383.JPG DSCN5384.JPG DSCN5386.JPG DSCN5387.JPG DSCN5388.JPG DSCN5389.JPG

Attached Files:

els likes this.