Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Further Adventures of a Car Dad and his Family PICTURE HEAVY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by enloe, Jul 2, 2014.

1. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

chryslerfan55, els, junkmanjr and 5 others like this.
  2. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I try to do a lot of stuff with my kids. Usually if they can't come with me somewhere I usually don't go.
    My son is more into the old cars than my daughter is but she is starting to show a little bit of interest. She likes to go to the car shows because she knows there will be some kind of treat there or we will usually stop and get pizza on the way home..

My son and I went to the Southeast Gassers meet in Knoxville this past Saturday. The girls stayed in Cleveland and shopped and went out to eat.

We were running behind so we missed seeing the 1st round of qualifying. We got to look around the pits and talk to some of the drivers. then we watched some bracket cars while waiting for the gassers.
    then the 1st pair came out it was the MOONLIGHTER and the ALLEY CAT. It was a good race then the bottom fell out. Fortunately our tickets will be good when they come back later in the year. here are a few pics. DSCN4655.JPG DSCN4576.JPG DSCN4583.JPG DSCN4582.JPG DSCN4573.JPG DSCN4592.JPG

3. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

We also went to a little swap meet this past Saturday morning. I took a few odds and ends and didn't sell much. A friend of ours gave my son 2 sad looking 5 spoke wheels they look like ET 5 spokes but they say Delta on them.
    We are trying to teach him to do some sweat equity so he can save some money towards his 1st car project. he is going to turn 11 this month.

They are sad looking wheels. We took some sand paper to them so we can get the spokes ready to repaint. do any of you guys know what the best polish is to get the gray oxidation off of the outside edge. we have one partially done but it still has some graying.
    Here are pics of one wheel we have been working on and the other we haven't started yet.

Any help or suggestions you guys have for refinishing these would be helpful.
    Thanks and feel free to add your comments. DSCN4657.JPG DSCN4659.JPG DSCN4660.JPG

4. I feel being a father is the most beneficial relationship we have.
    Our children start in life by loving their parents. The father does nothing to
    earn his sons love and respect. The tough part is keeping it.
    When the child grows up and leaves home, he will come in contact with all
    sorts of men that he will look to, as role models. It is vital that the father
    stay active in his sons life and help him make the right decisions. A young
    boy without his father will look to someone else to fill his father's shoes.
    Enloe from what I have read and seen in your pictures you have nothing
    to fear, I believe you have your sons love and respect. I look forward to
    seeing your thread and good luck with your project.
    I would like to add that your son has done a great job at cleaning up that rim.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014

5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Thanks for the kind words my family is everything to me. It is my chance to really make a difference in the world.

6. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Does anyone know what color and type of paint we should use on these? what type of primer to use also?

els likes this.
  7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

We took the weekend off of the automotive projects. I worked all of the Holiday weekend. That will be ok as that will mean overtime so we can get started on my Corvette a whole lot sooner.

My son has decided he wants to build a T-Bucket so that is what he is starting to save toward. By the time he gets some cash saved who knows what he will want then.

I still want to know what kind of paint you guys would use on the wheels we have one almost ready to paint we will get them the rest of the way this week.

chryslerfan55 and els like this.
  8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

if any of you guys have any donations for his project he would greatly appreciate it.

I guess I will put an add in the for sale section with his stuff for sale. he has a Hurst T handle knob that he has put a lot of sweat into that we will be listing.

9. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well here are a few pics of some of the stuff I collect. As well as the little space we have. it is pretty packed right now. We are planning on cleaning up some space behind the house this winter to hopefully build a shop next spring.
    I have a fetish for intakes and valve covers right now.

I guess the corvette valve cover fetish goes back to when they were hard to find when I was looking for a set for my corvette but it was when my dad still owned the car. Now when I see a set cheap that I can buy or trade for I do it. DSCN4683.JPG DSCN4684.JPG DSCN4683.JPG DSCN4682.JPG DSCN4679.JPG DSCN4686.JPG DSCN4688.JPG DSCN4677.JPG DSCN4676.JPG DSCN4678.JPG

10. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Come to the HAMB DRAGs

els likes this.
  11. !^^^^^^^X 2 ^^^^^^^!

els likes this.
  12. chryslerfan55 and els like this.
  13. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enloe,
    I sent you the liner for your back window. Added a picture of my wagon as my avatar. If you are looking for a really good family event, which is not too far from you, check out the "Frog Follies" the next to last weekend in Aug at Evansville, IN. About 4,000 cars, a great swap meet, free dinner, T-shirt, continental Breakfast all for $15.

14. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

The HAMB Drags is definitely one of the must do events on my list when is it.

I am hoping to go this year to hang out and sell stuff.

I remember the liner helped us get the window the rest of the way in. I need the U shaped channels that the door glass sits in now. I would like them for all four windows but for right now I would settle for the front 2.

I have wanted to go to the frog follies but I doubt I will make it this year. I need to get the wagon a little bit more highway friendly. This winter we will put an automatic in it and new coil springs all the way around and new trailing arm bushings and panhard bar bushings in it. If any of you guys have any part# for the bushings I would Appreciate it.

chryslerfan55, Mr. Clean and els like this.
  15. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I am going to be in Panama City week after next is there anything car related to do?

els likes this.
  16. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

The HAMB Drags are Saturday August 16. MoKan Dragstrip is 3 hours West for me and it took me 6 1/2 hours to return home from Bowling Green last year. That would be a pretty good tote for you. Most folks go to the huge Springfield swap meet on the Friday before the drags. I'll second what Fat 47 said about the Frogfollies. A group of us have been attending for over 20 years. It's a great event and the swapmeet on the grounds has really grown. Keep us informed on your travels and keep those photos coming. 2826531430052655310S600x600Q85-1.jpg

17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well a buddy of mine called me earlier in the week to let me know that the National Nomad Convention was in Chattanooga this week. I decided Ethan and I would load up in the ragged wagon and head to Chattanooga. We Would check out the Nomads and then eat lunch and go to Coker tire for their Daily museum tour.

I was unaware that their car show is on Monday and Tuesday and they do other stuff throughout the week and leave on Friday morning. When we got there, there were only a few cars and they were packing up. They were nice people and took the time to hang out and talk to us. DSCN4689.JPG
    This Yellow Nomad was from California and was really sharp DSCN4693.JPG DSCN4694.JPG DSCN4695.JPG DSCN4696.JPG

18. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

DSCN4691.JPG DSCN4697.JPG

for some reason I can't get these 2 pics to be turned right

chryslerfan55, els and dana barlow like this.
  19. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

DSCN4698.JPG
    then we went to Coker's here are some pics from there. I highly recommend that tour
    DSCN4699.JPG DSCN4700.JPG DSCN4701.JPG DSCN4702.JPG
    Lots of great stuff on the walls DSCN4703.JPG Man I wish this pic turned out better DSCN4704.JPG DSCN4705.JPG
    This is an old hearse that as the story goes. Where it was from it was used during an epidemic and it was only used to transport infants when they passed away.
    DSCN4706.JPG DSCN4707.JPG DSCN4708.JPG DSCN4709.JPG
    This man was building Model T wood spoke wheels from scratch. Here he is truing up this wheel DSCN4710.JPG
    Gerry Burger's sweet little pick up DSCN4711.JPG
    Awesome convertible DSCN4712.JPG I had to show this pic of the wagon so everyone would know we actually drove it. :)

20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

more shop pics and museum pics

DSCN4713.JPG DSCN4714.JPG DSCN4715.JPG DSCN4716.JPG DSCN4717.JPG DSCN4718.JPG
    how about a wall of engines:) DSCN4719.JPG DSCN4720.JPG
    barn finds for sale DSCN4721.JPG DSCN4722.JPG DSCN4723.JPG DSCN4724.JPG DSCN4726.JPG DSCN4727.JPG DSCN4729.JPG

chryslerfan55, Spoggie and els like this.
  21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

DSCN4730.JPG DSCN4731.JPG DSCN4732.JPG DSCN4733.JPG DSCN4735.JPG DSCN4736.JPG DSCN4737.JPG DSCN4743.JPG DSCN4739.JPG DSCN4740.JPG DSCN4741.JPG DSCN4744.JPG DSCN4745.JPG DSCN4746.JPG DSCN4747.JPG More museum Pics. This building is awesome I recommend the tour and its free

22. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

last few pics. We also went to a place called Urban Stacks and has a couple of great Chili Cheese Burgers

DSCN4749.JPG DSCN4750.JPG DSCN4748.JPG

23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Well I added another set of valve covers to the collection yesterday. a pretty nice set of mickey Thompson big block covers. They are in pretty good shape. They have one very tiny bad spot on one of the fins it is hardly noticeable unless you run your finger down the fin. They also still have the 427 inserts in them.

My wife and son said I have a valve cover problem. I told them "I don't have a problem I can quit whenever I want to" :)

1BBMT1.jpg

chryslerfan55, Spoggie and els like this.
  24. Boy!Thanx for the great pictures.

25. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

KEEP WATCHING AS WE WILL KEEP PUTTING STUFF ON HERE.

YOU CAN ALSO DO A SEARCH FOR SOME OF OUR OTHER THREADS WE HAVE QUITE A FEW THREADS ABOUT OUR PAST GUY TRIPS TO THE HOT ROD REUNION AND OTHER STUFF. NOW I BELIEVE WE WILL PUT STUFF ON HERE FROM NOW ON.

26. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

I wanted to go to that event but had to work.. Probably best because I would have been sick with a rain out. Hate it that happened to you guys but it sounds like you still had a good time. Good on you being a good Dad! I try to get mine involved too. Hot rods and family go together like biscuits and gravy.....well you know :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

els likes this.
  27. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I LIKES ME SOME BISCUTS AND GRAVY :) :) :)

els likes this.
  28. Gman0046

Gman0046

Enloe, great pictures. In Panama City the only car activity is on what they call "First Friday" of the month. Usually around 300 cars. I hope your going to Panama City Beach. Enjoy the great beaches and seafood. Best restaurant is Paradies in Rosemary Beach, go before 6 PM entree's are half price. We have a beach house in PCB. If you need any info let me know.

Gary

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  29. Don't worry about the odd posing of a couple of photos,I just look at the rest of the cool photo's and then go back and just readjust my computer. :D HRP pc-486dx100.jpg

chryslerfan55, els and 29bowtie like this.
  30. Heck,,I forgot the photo's..I corrected them for you.:rolleyes: HRP

DSCN4691.JPG DSCN4697.JPG