Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The Custom Shop Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I've been diggin old trucks recently.. there was a bunch of them back in the days from what I see in the Barris images.. I'll try to dig up some more pix but heres a few Good one including Kopper Kart, The Wild Kat and Fuzzies Truck..

Attached Files:

2. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

More..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  3. James66g

James66g

these are a couple from my desktop rotation all stolen images so i take credit for none of them but sick rides!

Attached Files:

4. autobilly

autobilly

The truck used in the post is/was from Washington, so if Ryan doesn't go to Hell maybe he'll just go to the cool place where the truck is or from.;)

5. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

The white ford is Arthurs from relic restorations - he hosts a run here. didnt know it made it into fuel mag - looks great!

6. Cameo Carrier

Cameo Carrier

I love them and can't get enough of them. It's the direction I'm going in for mine.

7. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

This truck is too cool

8. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

I think a custom shop truck is a good Idea,but I do think that any truck is limited in its usage,like for instance The fist thing that comes to mind when you say shop truck is the parts getter,lunch getter,customer ride home and pick up truck.Well at least for me anyway.When you give a customer a ride home after dropping off his vehicle to you its always nice to get that hey man I cant wait until mines done so I can cruise like this!

9. Cameo Carrier

Cameo Carrier

If you meant mine, thank you Enloe. It's got a ways to go though, lol.

10. Cymro

Cymro

Looks good too, cant wait to see this one finished

11. uc4me

uc4me

I love taking my 55 to the junkyard for parts or home depot for sheetrock.

It'll get prettier but never too foo-foo to throw stuff in the back

Attached Files:

12. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

I think this hit the nail on the head

13. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

On the flipside though you talk with some custom builders and these were really ment to be rolling bus cards for there shop

Attached Files:

14. Mac_55

Mac_55

Theres always room for improvement on a stock form . I like the truck featured and think it is about the perfect mix of both worlds.

15. Thanks guys I appreciate the comments!

16. silverdome

silverdome

We all have our own opinions don't we? I like all vehicles to have function before form, so I guess that means I'm not a custom kind of guy, so be it. I still appreciate peoples hard work on their rides. This truck does bring to mind a current commercial that has a man talking about something as he's walking around this BEAUTIFULL mid to late 50's green Ford pickup that just steals the show. That truck looks to be so perfect that they probably don't even drive it, BUT I WOULD, however so carefully.

17. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

No disrespect to Mr. Tardel, but not everyone has a harem of early Roadsters and Coupes. Point being trucks can be had on the cheap. Mercs, Cads and what not are a little more spendy...

18. IMO a shop truck should be a RADICAL KUSTOM !!!!!!! Of coarse it is nice if you can still haul stuff in the bed when needed and pick up parts at your local parts store.

Attached Files:

19. Looking good Rick! Any more pictures of the purple one.

20. Hey K13 I like your truck alot. I have always been a custom truck fan and have built and sold a few over the years but the one I wish i still had was a choped & sectioned 37 chevy truck my father and I built about 19 or 20 years ago.

The purple 1940 ford was sold to one of thoes forgien car buyers before it was finished :(. I belive it is now in Italy. These are the only pic's I have left of it.

Attached Files:

21. Hey Thanks. Funny you mentioned building your '37 with your dad as I was doing the same thing until mine passed away a few years ago. It has been a super slow build as I only get to work on it a couple of days a month.

Thanks for the added pics as well.

22. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

I don't know if it was a shop truck, but I do like this customized truck.

Attached Files:

23. Racrdad

Racrdad

How about some pics on the gold one!
    [​IMG]

24. ibcalaveras

ibcalaveras

shop truck restored and mildly customized for personal use? That's is the best of both worlds...

Attached Files:

25. Here's a few more.

Attached Files:

• 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      471.9 KB
      Views:
    • 009.jpg
      009.jpg
      File size:
      360.2 KB
      Views:
    • 013.jpg
      013.jpg
      File size:
      489.7 KB
      Views:
    • 21.JPG
      21.JPG
      File size:
      182.6 KB
      Views:
    • GOLD 3.jpg
      GOLD 3.jpg
      File size:
      20.1 KB
      Views:
    • GOLD 2.jpg
      GOLD 2.jpg
      File size:
      18.4 KB
      Views:
  26. What the hell would Vern know. ;)

That truck's cool as hell and I can dig a mildly customised truck big time. But as you said, you've still got to be able to use it as a truck, so a full tuck & roll trim job in the back (for instance) is taking it too far.

Tuck & Roll tonneau cover though? That'd be OK. :)

27. DrJ

DrJ

Yup, I neglected to look at the enlarged picture... They don't have the 4 screws by the missing ribs either. My Bad!

28. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

This is an interesting thread, I recently acquired a 54 chevy truck for an irresistible price, I didn't plan to build it.. but what the hell..

At first it was going to be a quick build stock on an s10 chassis with a reliable power plant, but then I started thinking headlight treatment and custom grill... but it has to remain functional, the bed will be setup to haul parts. This is what I want to drive when i go see a customer or a vendor, or grab lunch.

Showcase a few of my talents, get the customers gears turning:

"if he can do this with just a shop truck imagine what he can do to my car.."

i would really like to see more.. stock trucks street rodded with paint and billet wheels in the magazines isn't doing it for me