Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects the coupe from half moon farms

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by I SMELL SMOKE, Aug 2, 2008.

1. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Wow....I cant wait to see this car in person!!

2. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

I too just ran into this thread ...... nice work. I'll keep watching.

PACO

3. heavytlc

heavytlc

I am killing time at work, not finding anything on the front page that made me happy. I hit the 51 page button and found this build. Very nice.

4. This is awesome! Very nice work. You've inspired me to get going on my floors. Can't wait to see more.

5. Excellent build thread!

6. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i done a lot of hammer and dolly work today. I'm still learning it but i made some progress. when i first start i felt like my head was the dolly but i finally started making headway.no pictures or anything just a little update.

7. lorodz

lorodz

looking great ..

8. billsat

billsat

It looks like you're running a 40 dash, column, and steering wheel - if I'm right, please tell me where you found your column drop? It looks exactly like what I need to get my column right. Thanks for your help, and nice work on a very nice looking car. Can't wait to see it when you're done.

9. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

the floors look great !! love the rivits

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I SMELL SMOKE. Had missed your build also, 'til now. Subscribing, so I can follow along. Need I say?...I'll say it...You're doing a great job! Very inspirational. I bet your hands were sore after all those rivets! Nice of your wife to help. I read your entire thread, and noticed that you must've said, "taking longer than I thought it would" at least 10 times. Hahahahaha! I commend you for your "stick-to-it-evness"! As it's been said, if it was easy, everybody would do it. You belong to an extremely exclusive club of people who actually can do it! (A club that I don't yet belong to.) You and your wife should be proud. All worth it when finished. What a feeling when the two of you can finally head down the road in it! You both should be proud! Your gettin' close to the "home-stretch"! Good luck with your awesome coupe. - Rick

11. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

its a standard 40 ford column drop. thanks for the compliments

12. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i know i say every thing takes me longer than it should but it does i work slow! thanks for the compliments

13. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Dude....I have got to come see this car in person, I've been following the build and it's stunning....

Drop me a PM if a garage visit is possible.

14. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

I just found this Thread & read it through. Your Metal work is Fantastic.... The Build is looking great.

15. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Anything new going on.......

16. x2, what's up buddy?

17. Moondog13

Moondog13

Looks awesome! I need to find something like that around here!

18. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

It's looking good, but it's been about 5 weeks since any updates....

19. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

well i have been doing a lot of little stuff. today i moved the axle back 1/2inch and also took a leaf out of the rear spring to lower it a 1/2 inch all though i may put the leaf back in. the main thing is my wheel base was just a little short 105.5 inch but now i got it just right. a least it i think its right 106in. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i also had to redo the steering column and clearance the head a little for the steering shaft [​IMG] its a little tight if you know what i mean:D

21. Great project you have going on, thanks for the pics. The coupe looks like something to really be proud of. Have you decided on color yet?

22. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Thanks for the updates are you heading down to the garlits show?

23. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Nice work. The rear Tire looks perfectly centred over the wheel arch. Is that picture with the way it will be left, or will it drop another inch or so?

24. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i hope to make it!!!!

25. I am really enjoying following this build. I loved the way you handled the firewall. I am getting a bunch of ideas for my truck. Thanks, and keep it up.

26. Damn dude, Amazing build so far, I really like the rivets, the cars looking great. Are you leaving the top open?

27. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i think im going to just do a cloth insert but i kinda want to see how grits' steel top insert turns out first!

28. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

well i got the steering in today.i cut the shaft and put a adapter from 3/4 smooth to the 3/4 dd shaft [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

29. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

Lookin good,how did your deck lid fit turn out?mine is a pain