Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Coleman Coupe gets some R&R

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by ct1932ford, Nov 12, 2013.

1. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Thanks for the reply. The deuce spring I have has 11 leaves as well. I guess that's a good start. Thanks for the garage tour as well, looked like a real treat!

2. Well onto the front end! No surprises! :rolleyes: Looks to be an easy redo. :cool:

Attached Files:

3. Went to pick up the Rear and Trans in NY with fellow HAMBer today. I'm nursing a cold and a pulled back muscle, but thanks to good friends I got my parts home. Some rebuilding by Mr. Nitty Notty. Thanks Jim! Anyway after getting the stuff unloaded we went to my cousin's across town to pick him up for lunch. He finally got his Dads 33 Chev into the shop.:cool: I was in this car when I was 15 years old. Fifty years ago.:eek: It is going to get a complete redo:D That 3 speed was converted to a top shift back in the day by his uncle.:cool:

Attached Files:

4. draider

draider
    from Texas

Glad to see that bitchin coupe getting some TLC.

5. Just so you don't think all I have been doing is shoveling snow:mad: Here are some shots from today. Got some stuff painted and will be prepping more tomorrow:cool:

Attached Files:

6. Got stuff painted today!:cool: Looks like I will be plowing snow tomorrow:mad:.

Attached Files:

7. should have painted them red, lets vote.

8. That sounds Good!:rolleyes:

9. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Looking good! I vote NO on the red.

10. B1gDaddy

B1gDaddy
    from aladambama

Timeless BLACK. The others come and go, the standard remains.

That's all, carry on

11. We (me and tb33anda3rd) Have an on going thing because I want him to paint the wheels on his coupe red the way they were back in the 60's when his dad owned the car. My 32 five window will be just as it was when Donald Coleman built it only mechanically better than it has been in years!

12. besides following the snowblower around, what did you get done today?

13. Finished some painting!:cool: Searched for hardware in garage.:cool: Repaired snow blower, plowed and cursed!:mad::eek:

14. Almost finished painting and redoing everything on the coupe except the motor which will be going to Nitty Notty's soon for a look see! Snowing here again so got lots done today. Over at 33anda3rds yesterday to bother him while he worked on his dad's old coupe. What about these headlight covers.:eek:

Attached Files:

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG] I checked, and based on the green and white color combination I believe these hats are from the Nigerian Winter Olimpic team. Bob

ct1932ford likes this.
  16. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The only front crossmembers I remember having that reinforcement plate riveted in are AA ones.

17. Front and rear ready to go in soon as I get some friends over for a beer:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

18. did i hear beer?

19. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Coming along nice, and looking great!!!

20. Thanks! Nothing else to do with all this snow:rolleyes:

21. Looking good...I see that you have a few friends that I know...Good guys all the way around.

22. Thanks! Who do you know being from Nebraska?

23. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Just this morning I was reading about your coupe in that very same book. The photos of it in the book are beautiful. How long ago did you aquire it?

24. pumpman

pumpman

Coming alone nicely won't be long now.

25. I bought the 32 in August. Drove it into Fall then took it apart for a mechanical plus rebuild. Basically leaving the body, paint, interior etc. alone and doing everything else trying to keep things as they were for the most part. I did my roadster last winter and I can tell you it is easier to do the entire car rather than working around things not knowing where to stop at times. Here are the photo's from that article. Still cannot get the other photo's to load??

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  26. Good weekend! My brother made a surprise visit on Friday and we were able to get the front end off of the work bench and in place.:cool: It was all down hill from there :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

27. B1gDaddy

B1gDaddy
    from aladambama

Doin good work there!

28. Got the rear in place today and hung thanks to 33anda3rd for the use of his nice spring spreader and a couple of good friends who helped me get it off the floor. Will get photos up asap.:rolleyes:

29. Well finally got around to take some pictures.:p Got the old girl back on four tires.:cool: Need to bleed & adjust brakes then trans is next. Oh and Jerry-Lee helped today:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

30. bonesy

bonesy

That's really looking nice.