Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Coachman Show 1955-1957

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Feb 18, 2008.

1. RodP

RodP

Hey Franco
    Do you think that's Dutch on the bike? I can't remember. Did I get my copy from you or maybe Andy?????
    Uh Latersville Rod...................

2. FONZI

FONZI

Well done! I ALWAYS wondered if there was more footage from this show. It was one of my favorite parts from the video.

THANKS,

FONZI

3. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Does look like the first lonestar round up. Great job!

4. Thanks for putting this out today. I see it as my birthday present! My favorite part is seeing the cars in MOTION. The blades on the spinner caps catching the sunlight is why we run them. Beautiful stuff. Hardly anyone believes me when I say that we wore white trousers to the races and when we would roll out as a club. Well, guess what? We did. Look and learn.

Thanks so much Peiro, Ryan & Marcie. This is the BEST medicine for my recovery today. "Just like the Fifties, Bro, indeed!"

5. Also noticed the Gaylord shop truck, the Scotty's Muffler (Berdoo) dragster and the chopped '47 Ford was from the Ayala Bros. I am pretty sure about the first two, but I'm only about 85% sure about the Ayala car.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ha... We just figured out that we jipped you guys out of 5 minutes in part 1... If you go back and watch it, there is much more material now.

I'll make this mistake on my part more widely known tomorrow...

7. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

AWESOME!!! Thank you Ryan, Piero and Marcie. I'm a believer!!!

** Did anyone notice the Lloyd Bakan '32 3W Coupe with the Hemi in Video #2 ??? It was on the trailer when handed a trophy......

Just amazing to see the history that has been preserved for our enjoyment.

8. 21tat

21tat

Now that's a real slice of Americana. Thanks Ryan and Marcie for sharing that with us.

9. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

MAN!!! This just gets better and better:D.Please tell us that you forgot 5 mins. in the other 2 clips too:rolleyes:.

10. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

I spotted a Tucker in there.... twice :) Awesome!!!

11. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

this is without a doubt the COOLEST thing I've EVER seen......EVER!!!
    SO many cars I recognize there...

LOVE the pics of the Gary Metz Buick,,,,,(always loved that car,,that guy doesnt get enough credit for his incredible kustom work)

really makes me wish I was around back then to see that stuff in person,,,,
    Im gonna watch that again and again..

thanks so much,,,,will you be selling any copies of that by any chance??

12. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

What a great addition to the board...Thank you to Ryan, Marcie, Piero and anyone else involved in the new venture.....

13. El Caballo!

14. I read a write-up on Larry Watson and how he custom painted his girlfriend (Carol Lewis)'s '56. But I've been wrong before, I think,,,,,,

15. daddy-o63

daddy-o63

thanks for that,love it

16. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Two off the wall observations.:
    There were a lot less fat people in '58
    Trophies were a BIG deal!

17. mcload

mcload

Many thanks for posting the film Ryan (and all). I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Patrick

18. What a great addition to the board! Loved it!

19. Wow... WOW... WOW!!!

That was the coolest footage I've ever seen. Perfect music, amazing cars that we all consider 'famous' now, but back then they were all parked on the same football field. That's just mind blowing.

It's also part of the reason I take my camera to every event I go to and take a bunch of pics. It might not be that interesting right now, but in 10, 20 or 50 years time it will be (almost) as cool to look at. :)

Hey Dirk, who got Top Custom? :)

20. myke

myke
    from SoCal

Thank you! Great footage!

21. CRUZN60

CRUZN60

Those were great. I would love to see more .

22. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

There won't be any DVD's on sale because I don't have the rights to the footage to sell them.
    I wish I did..

Also as Ryan said he jipped you out of 5 minutes of part 1 so if you only saw 2 minutes
    of part 1 go back and watch the rest of it... :D

Thanks for the comments...

evel

23. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Two more, there was no shade and not a porta pottie in sight and yet, people still came! :D

As for the trophy deal, I think they meant more back then. I would have been stoked to get a trophy at that show in that company!:rolleyes::D

Thanks again guys for the footage. I must have told at least 10 people about it yesterday!

24. Megan we didn't need porta potties because we didn't need to carry bottles of water everywhere then.

25. Von Franco

Von Franco

Rod you probably got it from Andy.I got mine from Larry Watson about 20 somethin years ago and had to protect with my life lol.I think at the end of part 2 there`s an old guy
    driving down a ramp in a roadster,that was mr. (Excuse the wrong spelling) Rutelibs hand form roadster body.And the guy standing next to the two girls ,that looks like Jerry Mathers is Jimmy Clanton singer of the song (Just a dream) there you go if I get any more info I`ll post.Also Larry Watson told me that the same guy that shot that movie has more home footage of Watsons cars the next year at another car show,But I never got to see that one...................

Endsville Franco.....................................

26. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Great stuff. Thanks, guys. There are certainly a couple of dozen magazine feature cars shown, but I was just as interested to see bunches of unfamiliar shoeboxes, Studes, and other classic-but-unknown rides.

Who knew there were so many flamed Buicks and mild custom '56 Mercs, back in the day?

27. Ryan,
    Thanks for finding the extra bit for part 1. I have watched these 3 times and about to start again.
    Really exceptional.
    63fdsnr

28. autobilly

autobilly

Just caught 3, very interesting again. I was suprised at the amount of custom pickups on the scene, as evidanced on all three videos.

29. JamesG

JamesG

This is the coolest thing on here, ever.

Thank you.

30. Brewton

Brewton

Great Video!! I like the color! Its not too often you see these old films in color.