Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Congrats! Wait a minute........ did you get it next day air?:confused:

2. That is a cool piece. I'm a sucker for early SBF and FE go-fast parts. Nice score!

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

No, I'll come clean, thats the ebay photo, it aint here yet...But if I woulda waited a week to post that, my head would have exploded!

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

What you mean theres motors out there where the dizzy goes THROUGH the intake manifold??o_O:eek:

whiplash1923T likes this.
  5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

If yer a sucker for crusty old FE crap, you need to come by my place!

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Just for Nitrobrother, I hauled this out of the shed and popped a quick pic. This is the intake and carb offa my old, cough, cough, street car...Gotta put this thing back together, I really miss setting off car alarms...:rolleyes:

tripps.jpg

dana barlow likes this.
  7. Love me some of that FE stuff. When Chip and I were wandering around the LARS swap meet there were a bunch of FE manifolds that would've cost me nearly a month of Chip's salary and it killed me I couldn't pick 'em up. Especially the Latham setup! :cool: Whatever gets built after I peddle the A coupe will have FE power...

8. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

ya just going around the block can make my local car alarm band strike up ,I mayof over wellmed the mikepikup on my sons GoPro{turn your sound off ,but this is only a Y-block Ford

9. Hmmm.....couldn't see it, Dana. The link took me over to Facebook, but it said the content wasn't available at this time, or I didn't have permission to view it.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

same here, cant see the video. And I was hoping for some noise!:D

11. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I was able to view it with no trouble. Kool sounding Y block and kool looking A roadster Dana.

Do you have a Facebook site Blownfuel?

Chip check in. Still concerned about the weather there.

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

FE's are like 409's VERY distinct exhaust note. You can be at the track, and one fires up on the opposite side of the pits, and you IMMEDIATELY know what it is.

loudbang likes this.
  13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

He pmed me last night, seems fine. I tend to have a lot of trouble with fecesbook:p, maybe the trouble is on my end.

Blownfuel likes this.
  14. Yes, is Dana's page under Dana Barlow? I'll try to search it from inside Facebook. Haven't heard from Chip, but I have friends with a place in Tucson, and a place on the river near Yuma, and they posted it wasn't too bad at either spot, but could've been heavier in Phoenix. Chip's probably taking advantage of the cooler temps to kick some work out!

15. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Yes,I know I'm werid using my real name on stuff,but was {"The Bat" out of hell }for so long seemed OK to just be me too.

16. Not really, I use my real name (Kurt Brown) on Facebook also. I found one Dana Barlow in Miami, Fl that had a roundly round modified ((I think)

dana barlow likes this.

17. Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey gang! I'm fine, Blownfuel nailed it, I've been out in the shop for the last few days working my butt off trying to take advantage of the coolest August on record. Right now I have my WINDOWS open in the house, which HAS NEVER HAPPENED IN AUGUST EVER!!! We can usually expect 115 for most of the month. This is awesome!

The flooding and stuff that you guys are hearing about has occurred way north of me this week, and a few miles south for last weeks deal. The good ship HRC (Hot Rod Central) is doing just fine. more cool temps and rain scheduled for the next few days, so I'm gonna make hay while the sun AINT shinin'!

This is how the 'Bucket has looked for the last few days.... Like H.A.M.B.er Jerry said at one of our get togethers last Feb. when it rained last time and the blue tarp came out, "It's either the world's largest homeless person's shopping cart, or Chip's here..." SAM_6904.JPG

brEad and dana barlow like this.
  19. Hmm....not sure what happened with that last post. I was gonna say I didn't find the video on that Dana Barlow's facebook site, It's thundering up in the mountians here now, not supposed to be any wet stuff today. hope it doesn't make it down this way tonight, taking Robin to NIN concert for her birthday tonight.

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I forgot to say Thank You to you guys for being concerned about me.

21. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

22. brad2v

brad2v

Haha, doesn't everybody know silver tarps are the way to go. That's what is (sort of) covering my rpu, and holding a large pile o' dirt in the alley. Much classier you know:rolleyes:

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey hey now, my blue tarp came with the car...

24. Oh dear, I must be one of those " Rich, Cheque book Rodders " as I have a proper rian proof car covers for my T. The only problem is if the exhaust is still hot when you place it on the car you can burn holes in it so you have to remember to put it on the right way around otherwise the holes allow water in where you you don't want, guess how I know guys.

:oops:

need louvers ? likes this.
  25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Blue tarps are SO not traditional! ROFLMAO!

26. The only good tarp is a green canvas one! :D

rebarsfords and falcongeorge like this.
  27. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Absolutely, not one of those cheap blue or silver knockoffs :confused::eek::rolleyes:

A wee bit of sarcasm never hurt anyone, right?o_O

28. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You guys are all wrong, a traditional tarp would be made of canvas. :D

29. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yea, but to REALLY be traditional, its gotta be a half rotten canvas tarp!