Register now to get rid of these ads!

the BEST thing at the Detroit Autorama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Mar 12, 2007.

1. ash

ash
    from Detroit

To be honest when my father said he was going to re-create the sub with his own twist. We all thought he bumped his head.. But not at all do we think that now. lol

2. superleggera

superleggera

I wish I was going to be in Detroit this year -- just to see this car in fact in person. I'll see it probably at SEMA.

Ash -- while you are doing the "build book", keep in mind that a few of us out here would love to buy a copy of that! (or as a scanned PDF file) To see the build process underway, design decisions, small details, etc (pre paint / final assembly) -- and then when finished. Or hopefully you will post a bunch of "in metal" pics once the debut is over.

Sometimes on projects like this, I wish there was money in the budget for a person/journalist to document everything as it goes on. Myself being in the industry, I'm very cognizant that a lot of the time we aren't very good at this ourselves.

Hopefully someone takes a few hundred pics of it when it debuts and posts somewhere -- I'll toss in beer money via PayPal to help!

3. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Count me in on this deal if it ever comes to fruition. Your dad's stuff is so fantastic it just simply boggles my mind. When I see what he does with steel and aluminum, I am so humbled I need to sit down and just think about his talent. Your dad IS the Zen master of cool automotive stuff. I can't wait to see the finished Submarine at this year's Autorama.

4. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Thanks guys for the kind words :)

5. hemifarris

hemifarris

I have 15 or so new pictures of Dan Webb's Golden Submarine progress. Dan told me he'd remove my testicles if I posted them on here ,or anywhere else...
    However, it will be at the Detroit Autorama partially bodied.It will be 44" tall. All I can say to everyone that thinks the chassis is tits, "you ain't seen nothin yet!".Be sure to look for the car and say hello to Dan and Ash................Mike

6. I was just gonna say ,that looks like Ashleys car in the background. Looks like a great project. What will the body look like?
    Nevermind...I just saw the pic's,DUH!

7. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

the Best? sure ain't the food vendors, high price and poor quality

8. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

9. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Ill post some new pictures of it tomorow.

...............ahaha, just kidding Ashley

10. Ashley,it would be much appreciated,if you could post a few,or all of the build photos here,for those of us that are not able to see it in person. Such craftsmanship,and ingenious design,needs to be shown to all the world.;) Always look forward to your posts. Thank you,and your Dad for sharing this with us.:D

11. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Thanks guys..
    It's so tiny and looks like it is going 200mph sitting still..
    I will post build pictures after Detroit. Some of you already have build pictures and I thank you guys for keeping them under wraps..:)

12. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I did some work for Dan and Ashley today. Bought a rendering from Ash....only to buy another surprise rendering. Money well spent and the proceeds actually benefit a place close to home for me....The Humane Society. This car is absolutly amazing. Can't wait to see it done....Wed. or Thurs.

13. ash

ash
    from Detroit

Thanks Pete for being my first customer.

Yes we've very cool, high quality, old looking prints done by Thom Taylor of the sub racing on the boardtracks I'll have them available on here after Detroit. And the procides go to a very special charity. (If you've been to the shop you know why it's special to me, due to our three very cool shop cats.) So make sure any of you coming to Autorama stop in the display say Hi and see the sub..

And please keep Lil Johns family in your thoguhts. What an amazing guy..

14. superleggera

superleggera

One more day!

So remember to post your pictures here or elsewhere (and link). And build pictures next week too!

And remember to buy Ashley's posters! They are for a good cause.

15. Prop Strike

Prop Strike

Absolutely stunning as it sits. A true masterpiece. I can only imagine how beautiful it must be in person.

Could it be this?
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246348&highlight=miller

16. ash

ash
    from Detroit