Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Barry Mazza Photo Collection Part 2

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Rikster, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Turkey Rollup

Turkey Rollup

I'm basking in the sheer awesomeness of this car. Every once in a while the automotive stylists at Ford missed the mark (41 ford in my humble opinion). Then I see a customized version that makes me rethink my judgement. This is one of 'em.

Attached Files:

2. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Yes Henry should have used the '46 Chevy grill or the Olds like the one used in Anne's chopped coupe.

Your amazing Rick! Thanks for posting and Barry too.

3. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

4. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

For those of you who don't know Barry,he is a real nice guy who loves to talk Kustoms.I have known Barry and Jeannie for at least 20 years.When it comes to Kustoms,Barry knows his shit.As a matter of fact,I rode with Barry in his Bettancourt clone at '86 Sled Scene East in Hanover,Pa during the Coolest Cruiser Contest.Barry,thanks for sharing the pics.Now i can imagine my 51 parked among the rest of the cars.Joe

5. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Amazing photos dude, the moonglow, the hirohata, u rock.

6. Thank you Rikster! These are my favorite posts!This is the first time I have seen pics of the Barris shop that weren't from the street.

7. FASI

FASI

Rik and Barry. Thanks for sharing another nice collection of some of the very best in Kustoms. Hope to meet up with Barry and the Aztec someday, it is one of my favorites and it is incredible the job he did to restore.

8. Ok guys, My WIFE is IN LOVE with this car. Can someone please PM or fill me in a little more on what is, what mods have been done, what engine etc it is running. It looks like a '39 or '40 ford convertible, but then again I am blind in one eye :)

9. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

great pics as always rikster

10. Flatattack

Flatattack

Another inspirational thread. The photo of the Kopper Kart would have to be the first clear shot i've ever seen from the front.

Know I know why:eek:

11. Rikster

Rikster

I think 50Fraud is right and those are not guys looking out of the window... although that would have been funny... but rather some trophies Barris won that are shown in the window.

Here is an enlargment...

[​IMG]

12. Rikster

Rikster

Glad everybody likes the photos.

I'm really happy Barry Mazza is sharing his large collection and photos and his increadible custom car knowledge.
    Owning a collection of original custom car photos is fantastic... but sharing it with everybody who shares your passion for these great guys and cars they created is the best possible.

Barry feels very happy he can now share his collection with all us custom car enthusiasts.

I feel very happy that Barry is willing to share his collection and that I can provide him with the site where his collection can be shared and use the hamb to make more people aware of it.

And I'm very happy a lot of people appreciate it and I do hope that more an more original custom car photos from private collections will be share.
    We have seen huge numbers of original Hot Rod photos, lake racers drag racers... but by far not enough original custom car photos.
    I know they are out there... and I know more an more are beeing shared... but it would be great if we can see more of this fantastic part of custom car history.

I hope to be able to do many more of these posts about private custom car photo collections in the near future.

13. gasit

gasit
    from Dago

Here is that cool BSA in color
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. sololobo

sololobo

What a cool bunch of history, as others said, the historical stuff is so priceless and this is some of the best. I was at the Barris shop in 1960 and they were so nice and perfect hosts showing a 16 year old Nebraska kid around the shop with a no problem attitude. It is one of the most treasured memories of mine, I was starting auto body school in 61 and they wished me best of luck. I expected some huge shop and was quite surprised to see a modest size shop. The picture of Sam with his ass kickin Buick is super duper. Thanks for sharing such excellent archive info.-Sololobo

15. Rikster

Rikster

Barry just send me this absolutely georgeous photo of The Aztec taken in the late 50's.. thought I added it....

The full photo...

[​IMG]

and a cropped version to show the car a bit better...

[​IMG]

16. jlouie

jlouie

awesome pics. thanks for the inspiration to build something really cool for our next ride:D

17. NorwegianV8

NorwegianV8
    from Sem City

Great pics Rikster. thanks for sharing

18. barry mazza

barry mazza

Parked behind dragoos merc the future aztec 55 chevy. Who knew???
    Barresse'

19. buzz bomb

buzz bomb

Thank's bro!! Amazing pics.

Buzz

20. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

GREAT PICS!!!! Lots of stuff to just study and absorb.

Thanks for posting.

21. teddyp

teddyp

Thanks rikster and barry for shareing

22. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Cool.... a two year old thread that still rules......Rik and his web site are the bomb...... historically an absolutely amazing collection.....and I LOVE Amsterdam....even though Rik doesn't actually live there anymore......

23. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

was that car Madame Fefe? 56 chevy