Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2016 H.A.M.B. Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

The 2016 H.A.M.B. Drags

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  2. Roothawg

Roothawg

Very cool. I like it.

zman likes this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks for update & pics

4. BLAKE

BLAKE

It was a great one for sure, RYAN... thanks for doing what it is that you do.

zman likes this.

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Always an epic time. ALWAYS! Thanks for doing what you do, I don't know if you really know how much it's appreciated.

6. ryan-o

ryan-o

This was one of my favorite years yet. Thank you to everyone that helped make it happen.

7. To echo what everyone else has said. Thank you Ryan for a great weekend. I look forward to this event every year starting the Sunday after the race is over!!!

8. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Thanks to everybody involved. I had a blast again. Well done folks!

9. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

Man that looks fun. My kids bailed, my wife bailed, and last year I about killed myself doing two+ days of Springfield swap meet and then the drags in the heat... So I bailed on it... and then my friends start sending pics by text and jabbing me all afternoon and the videos started rolling in and the cars you had there and the weather was perfect!

Yup, I'm an idiot.:oops:

10. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

This was our 8th HAMB Drags, and it never gets old. Had a great time, as always.

11. Man those farm fields really dwarf the track. Actually the spectators really dwarf the racing. it is hard to believe that 3000 people would come to watch a bunch of goofballs play.

Thanks Ryan and everyone else that make this possible. Its like a family reunion for me. only I'm actually welcome and I like the people. :cool:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Kevin Lee, Tim, saltflats and 2 others like this.
  12. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Such a great time.. I'm still on a high from racing on Saturday and hanging out with a bunch of great folks. Thanks, Ryan and countless others!

BLAKE likes this.
  13. The best $10 you can spend for a day of fun!

34toddster likes this.
  14. Mikeszcz

Mikeszcz
    from Winona, Mn

Thanks to all involved!
    A perfect event.

15. Man, I miss this event. I hope my schedule allows for it next year! And the 40 will make the trip.

16. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

NICE! Had a great time as usual, I have missed 3 years, the lovely Mrs Gordon 4, and it is ALWAYS a treat. Good people, Cool cars, Great racing. Thanks to everyone who helps put this on every year.
    And to think it started with a few guys on line going "Hey, wouldn't it be cool to get together and flog the shit out of our old iron once a year..." and the rest is history!

17. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Ryan, thanks.
    I missed last two years, I was getting burned out. Not of cars, I'm a die hard, but the automotive society outside the HAMB. This year my son begged to go, his first drags you know. Best damn weekend, my passion is alive, my son has the same spark I did when I was his age and found that Shut Down album that started everything. Not to mention some great friends too.

CornfieldPerformance and cactus1 like this.
  18. seatex

seatex

"One of these days, Alice!!!!!" LOVE the drone coverage!

19. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I never thought they would let us come back after the first one, but here we are 14 years later. Crazy, ain't it??

I had a hell of a good time, best HAMB Drags ever. Thanks to everyone who works so hard, so I can have fun.

-Abone.

cactus1 likes this.
  20. I think I say it every year but I mean it every year! Truly my favorite weekend of the summer. From the drive down, to the good times at the hotel, and of course the great racing! Thanks to all involved!

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

If I die tomorrow, the most lasting memories I'll have of the drags are:

1. Seeing Brad, Jeff, and all the boys sitting in the hotel parking lot... and getting to take breaks with them.

2. The night ofs with Kevin and Mike...

And jesus that sounded morbid... But honestly, those are my two favorite things of the weekend. And that's saying something, cuz I'm way more of a car guy than I am a people guy.

cactus1 and Sancho like this.
  22. das858

das858

Thanks Ryan, this was just my 5th H.A.M.B. drags , but definitely the best for our crew. We drove through hurricane like rain in Nebraska, a bull loose on the highway in Kansas, and a semi and trailer across the highway after cresting a hill to get there, and it was all worth it! We had a blast!

23. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Thanks Ryan for your hard work to put on a event that will always be on the list of events to go to.

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Looked great! I gotta get back there next year for the 15th... Sam's RPU Rules!!!!!!

25. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Another great weekend, never get tired of this event. Thanks Ryan and everybody else involved in making this such a fun time. Gary

26. I've been to all but 2 of them, #1 and #13 (last year I just got the wrong weekend in my brain), and I really liked this year. The weather was great, and it wasn't so crowded. The cars were really gorgeous, not as many ratty rods (I know they have fans and I don't mind them, but I personally like cars to look good and shiny), and clean racing, the track was open the whole time, no 20 minute gaps spent cleaning up oil or whatnot.

27. oldsboy

oldsboy

This was the first year taking a car down the track and man am I hooked; can't wait till next year! Thanks Ryan and Team!

cactus1 and Malcolm like this.
  28. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Great write up and great shots-- I'll be back to MoKan for the HAMB Drags one of these years!

BLAKE likes this.
  29. Don't forget you owe me some off topic pics (no homo) @Ryan!

Tim likes this.