Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ****The 2010 GNRS... TJJ: Best Roadster - Vote NOW!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 29, 2010.

?
  1. Car 1

207 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. Car 2

148 vote(s)
    12.3%
  3. Car 3

97 vote(s)
    8.0%
  4. Car 4

167 vote(s)
    13.8%
  5. Car 5

64 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. Car 6

97 vote(s)
    8.0%
  7. Car 7

77 vote(s)
    6.4%
  8. Car 8

208 vote(s)
    17.2%
  9. Car 9

46 vote(s)
    3.8%
  10. Car 10

96 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. AHotRod

AHotRod

Great choices Ryan, I like them all.

2. This was a TOUGH call! I voted for car 10 because it reflects the colors and styling cues of many of the street roadsters that also saw time on the dry lakes. Car 1 was close second with that tonneau.

These particular cars were quite close to something that I'm concocting right now. I'm not sure I'll finish it to the degree that could get it in a show like this, because it's going to driven!

3. Cshabang

Cshabang

when this is said and done, i have a feeling my vote will count as its down to 2 right now...haha

4. chopz56

chopz56

This was definately tough but #4 is really doing something to my blood!

5. Pitbullgoingpostal

Pitbullgoingpostal

That's why I didn't vote for it. I love the car otherwise. I would rather see shiney paint than fake patina.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

6. Deadbird

Deadbird

I wanted to vote for #8, but couldn't get past the fake patina. The green on #10 killed it for me. So I had to go with #1. Really tough call. All ten cars would be more than welcome in my garage!

7. peter johnson

peter johnson

Number 888888888888! who cares if its fake patina!

8. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

It's not. Just look past that if you can.

9. Tbomb428

Tbomb428
    from SoCal

Car #1 got my vote. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it keeps it's lead going.

10. poorboy

poorboy

great selections!

11. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

shortbus, wow, I see you joined up on the hamb in 1969. The moon landing must have really given you some creative genius and a shit load of forethought. Looks like you also got the leading contender here picked as well. Got any good lotto numbers you want to send my way?

12. gonzo

gonzo

Have to go for theTub. That thing is too cool.

13. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

man, that first one for sure. but those guages totally knocked it down in cool factor.... all that time making a period correct car and he didnt get correct gauges....

14. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

First of all, I gotta say Ryan and his "advisory panel" picked the right cars to consider. Some others were so over the top it only goes to prove just because you have money doesn't mean you have taste.There was one popular car there on a living room sized mirrored display with wheels so big and tires so small they should have put in the "donk" category.

I voted for the #8 entry earlier today knowing it was a created look. On some level these are all "art cars" and are designed to communicate a theme like salt flats, drags, hi-tech, elegant bidet, whatever. To me #8 communicated a simple, pure traditional hot rod concept decades before million dollar hot rods became in vogue.

And speaking of which, this James Hetfield '36 Auburn Boat tail is a beauty pure and simple. Yeah, it was probably a million bucks and he'll never drive it anywhere but it sure is pretty. I noticed it last year at GNRS parked off to the side and was nice to see it closer to the main stage this year.

Attached Files:

15. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

Who doesn't like '32's...but the '29 (choice #1) deserves a little respect.

16. redo32

redo32

Went to my first Oakland Show in 1985, made a bunch of them including the 50th at the Cow palace. Made the first long drive for the 75th anniversary 1932 Ford show and the next two. Couldn't swing it this year, but all the pictures you guys have posted have made my otherwise dreary and rainy weekend brighter. Love Gommi & Latins rigs, both nice guys with a lot of neat cars. Smith's p/u is great, a little flashy & I'm jealous because he has way too many '32's. I'm getting tired of the fax '40's -50's, it being done to death!!! So I pick #2. It's clean, purposeful, with out any gaudy add ons. It's the look that everyone coveted when I was in high school in the 60's.

17. Number 4 hands down!

18. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

tough, but going for #8 little rough but what it should be, not perfect. would enjoy owning it

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

He guys. Just got word. Voting will close tomorrow morning.

20. Terry

Terry

Just curious...

Many are raggin' on the #8 car because it has fake patina, but are voting for #1 when it appears to be (correct me if I'm wrong) a glass car, and so a fake itself?

21. # 1 for me....Classic...

22. In regards to #1. How the Fuck do people come up with it is a fiberglass car? honestly a bit of sound deadener on the door and it is a fiberglass car?

look at the cowl, Steel. All bodylines say it is steel.
    [​IMG]

23. gonzo

gonzo

Yes! If this baby were a lifegaurd I would not be able to get out of the pool!!
    [​IMG]

24. Skip-o-Matic

Skip-o-Matic

hhhmmmmmmm.......
    This is going to take some time.
    So far I have only narrowed it down to 8 out of 10.
    Although there does seem to be one that I keep going back to alot.

25. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

Ok so I've got a thing for Gold trucks... and I always seem to pull for an underdog. That is a very nice looking ride and there is some real trick craftsmenship on it.

26. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

I voted for car #1 because it's the only car that picked a time period and stuck with it throughout the car, nothing extra is added. It also appears to be the only car with over 90% original Ford parts, which is an accomplishment to be appreciated.

#8 is a jumbled mess of 40's 50's 60's parts and many are fake or repro at that. The really bad fake patina job on the Brookeville body isn't helping it at all-or the Powergen.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  27. fryguy

fryguy

Um, yes you are wrong. I don't think Logan Davis would build a glass car.

#8 just wrong. He maybe should have added some fake rust to make it look more authentic.

28. beatnik

beatnik

Some great choices, but just from photos I dont know about #3 or #7, especially when I saw the attached Model-A in some GNRS photos.

#2, #4 and #10 where my top choices and the interior color on #10 killed it for me like everyone else. My favorite is #2, even though #1 is what I like to believe the HAMB is all about.

Thanks for putting this together
    Gus

Attached Files:

29. Larry T

Larry T

Wow, wouldn't a full size working hot rod as an accessory for your $123,000.00 bronze sculpture trump billet as the ultimate gold chainer do-dad?
    It figures, my favorite is bringing up the rear.
    Larry T

30. I picked #6 for the purity of its history but I liked #8 almost as much. So put a tow bar on the Stu Hilborn Special and I'll flat tow it to Bonneville with #8!