Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ****The 2009 GNRS... TJJ: Best Roadster - Vote NOW!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 24, 2009.

?
  1. Car 1

81 vote(s)
    9.2%
  2. Car 2

81 vote(s)
    9.2%
  3. Car 3

145 vote(s)
    16.4%
  4. Car 4

57 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Car 5

65 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. Car 6

39 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. Car 7

303 vote(s)
    34.4%
  8. Car 8

32 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. Car 9

79 vote(s)
    9.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLasvegas

JLasvegas
    from Skin city

I went with #7

2. 52 csb

52 csb

Whew, that was a hard choice, lots of #1 Roadsters there, EXCELLENT****

3. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

# 3 for me... I have seen that thing from day one... a lot of work and all quality..depsite what Jimmy white thinks of me... I think he is pretty talented!

4. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

No coupes ahhh:eek:

5. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Went up and down the pics several times, but kept going back to that T Tub. Got my vote.

6. Had to go with #4.......but all of them are very nice......Thanks Ryan for sharing the pics!

7. I vote for Bluto being a dick, and car no. 1

8. KK500

KK500

Munz Car 5 all day long!!!
    No 1 should be automatically disqualified for raping and voilating those Arduns.

9. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

I voted for #7 before looking at the results. I love the stance, color & the Studebaker hubcaps.

10. Old Fart 1941

Old Fart 1941
    from Oswego IL

11. Pscott

Pscott

This was a lot more satisfying than texting which screeching moron should be voted off "American Idol".
    :eek:Not that I would ever do that!:eek:
    Thanks for the pics and show coverage, Ryan.

12. Spooky

Spooky

I am full on with #3. The car screams while sitting there and it is the best Buford I have ever seen.

13. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Tough choice, I really like number 6, but I got to go with number 3 , that color blue is my new favorite. Great work guys.

14. #7.................IS a hot rod.......and a roadster...........'nuff said.

15. 48ratfink ... You do realize that if you click on the thumbnail, it opens up a larger version of the image? ... but I agree about the brightness of the photos ... did Ryan shoot them with his iPhone?

I voted late last night ... It was a very tough decision for me as well ... but I ended up being the 2nd or 3rd vote for Branch's channeled '32 roadster.

16. 31HotRodLincoln

31HotRodLincoln

No flatheads? I liked #6

17. dgaf1969

dgaf1969

#7... the hood is amazing

18. Deadbird

Deadbird

All nice cars. That being said, I like #2 because I like Nailheads.

19. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

#5 floated my boat:)

20. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

What a fine bunch of cars! Here's my thoughts on this lineup.

#1 This car deserves an overall badass trophy hands down. High quality/high testosterone= one fine show car. I'm afraid the cushy interior comfort along with all the race goodies lean this car a bit toward modern show car territory for a HAMB award pick.

#2 I really admire someone putting this much effort in a tub, something I would like to do someday. This car is very close to being a great car, but I see some major flaws. The white firewall along with the bright red mill really breaks the flow on this car, something really important on a long body car. The pic of the car with the door open, hiding the engine, is by far the best pic. Also, the upholstery material/design is much too modern for this car.

#3 I always thought a 33 just ain't right without a hood. Otherwise, one fine car.

#4 About as good as a custom 32 gets.

#5 The perfect lakes roadster.

#6 Very nice traditional 32 roadster. I'm afraid I just can't get past the stripes on this one. Seems to be a little too 60's for this car. Also, red and white screams emergency vehicle to me, more than hot rod.

#7 Seems to be a lot of support for this car, and I wouldn't be at all disappointed if this was the winner. Channeled 32s have never been my thing, but this one is probably the best I've seen.

#8 By far the best build of a model car design ever. Extremely well executed, unique, interesting, traditional.

#9 I should really be in love with this car, and I had to look at it for a while to determine what it was that I had a problem with. I agree with those that said the different wheels on each side was goofy, so I'm sure the display isn't doing it justice. I think the one thing that is harming the traditional look of this car is the paint. It just appears too modern in the pics. More suited to a House of Kolor brochure that a traditional hot rod.

My choice, #8 Black Widow

21. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Tight Race Between #7 and #3 Get your votes in!!!

22. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Just got back in from the show and wanted to review what the choices were again, refresh my memory and make a vote. Let's just say first off they are all really great cars, absolutely no doubt about that. If you don't think so, you must be living in some kind of special world is all I have to say. This show was full of a lot of damn nice cars.

But, anyway, it was a tough call for me between 3 and 7 on the vote. I kind of wanted to lean towards 7, but more prefer the rear end up a little like 3, but the rest of 7 seems more appealing for some reason. I think both of those cars are right at the top of my list. But, then The Black Widow is just kind of over the top and killer and it looks fantastic in reality. It is a damn nicely done project up close and is unique. Trouble is, I can admire the sort of themed cars, but generally not my thing, particularly if it gets a bit cutesy or tries to be funny. Some how though, The Black Widow is just saying to me it deserves to be the winner. I kind of want to say either 3 or 7, but I think I need to pull the trigger on #8. That thing has got some pop when you see it. It grabs your attention and in a nice way. So, #8 it is for me. Oh, I feel bad about not voting for 3 or 7, but unfortunately only get one vote.

23. hard choice, i love em all. got a soft spot 4 the 26 t & the tub but went with 1 as its got all the right ingrediance. gr8 stuff!

24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Closing up shop fellas. Thank you all for the votes.

And sorry for the dark images... technical difficulty combined with my lack of indoor car show experience.

Congrats to Tom Branch! That little roadster is really something else - proportions, textures, etc... It was all there.

And congrats to all of the nominees. You wouldn't be one if your weren't highly respected by your peers. I loved every last car chosen.

We will have a full announcement and what not on Monday.... I've got a TON to report, but for now I gotta hit the sack as I've got an early flight in the morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.