Register now to get rid of these ads!

Testimonials about Scarebird Classic Brakes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trigun15, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Trigun15

Trigun15

I'm new to the HAMB...and noticed Scarebird Classic Brakes in the vendor listing. I like what I've seen on their website, but I was wondering how many of you have used their products, and what can you share about them?

Thanks in advance.

2. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

I have his rear caliper brackets on my Olds rearend. They bolted up and fit good, my only complaint is I can see a slight bit of deflection in the 1/4" bracket when the brakes are fully applied. This very common with the fabricated flat plate steel brackets from what I understand, no big deal at all, they work good.

Marty McFly

Attached Files:

3. Trigun15

Trigun15

Thanks for the reply Marty. Input always helps when dealing with a new vendor.

I see there have been a lot of views here but not many posts. Is there anyone else who has worked with this vendor. My '53 has a Camaro subframe (rearsteer), and still running the drum brakes....I would really like to make the change, and this company's product interests me.

Has anyone used their GM front disc conversion?

Regards,
    Sam

4. Gator

Gator

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Why don't ya go to the wrecking yard or ebay and pick up a set of stock disc? gotta be a lot cheaper. I got their kit on my 50 and am not to impressed, it works.

6. The Fairlane of American Club editor wrote up an article about his brackets for 62-65 fairlanes. It was a very positive article with few notes and suggestions. Scarbird saw the suggestions and made the changes for a better product.
    I believe he sets you up with a list of parts required for the conversions.

7. Trigun15

Trigun15

Thanks for the responses gentlemen....any information or opinions are always appreciated.

Gator....thank you very much for the tech link. VERY helpful.

I'm really liking the boards here at HAMB. =)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  8. Abomb

Abomb

I put a scarebird kit on the front of my 55 Buick and couldn't be happier.......

9. tombstone

tombstone
    from sk.canada

I got a set up for my '62 Falcon, everything went together with the parts they reccommended, no complaints. The service was excellent! Plus the cost was great! I have no complaints at this point. I haven't drivin the car yet as it is a work in progress but I cannot forsee any problems . Quality stuff as far as I'm concerned. :)