Register now to get rid of these ads!

terminology

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by slack, Aug 18, 2014.

1. slack

slack

How bout a terminology page for us youngsters so we can understand what is being said. Maybe set it up so members can add to it like Wikipedia. I've been around a bit but never heard of such things as "piddle valve", "brown dog welding", "nailhead" (flathead?), etc. When you old guys die it'll be a dead language if you don't pass it down. I'm headed to Google......piddle valve.

2. I'm a greybeard and I don't have a clue as to what a piddle valve is,it's probably a colloquialism. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. slack

slack

Good enough for me. I'm kinda glad to know I'm not the only one. I just thought it would be cool to have a reference page to consult. Like "gasser" I know what one looks like when I see it but what makes it a gasser? I guess Google will know. I'll ask him.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  4. honneyStewEww

honneyStewEww

Dude your avatar literally give me a headache :D

5. .............Dang, Danny, why you gotta' use all of those big words? Actually the OP makes a good point. I'm sure some of the youngsters wonder what the heck we're talking about at times and like you said, I don't have a clue as to what a piddle valve is.:eek:

6. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I,m thinking if your piddle valve is leaking...you better shake it!

7. But not more than twice!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!