Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tech Week: VOTE NOW!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 19, 2012.

?
  1. 1: Pinch Your Own Hiney

22 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. 2: Fix Your Axle

33 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. 3: Eye Surgery On The 53-55 F100 Grille

21 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. 4: The Half Brain Brake Bleeder

151 vote(s)
    20.8%
  5. 5: Fadeaway Fenders

91 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. 6: Bead Roller Ideas

92 vote(s)
    12.7%
  7. 7: Making a V'd Windshield

111 vote(s)
    15.3%
  8. 8: Converting '32 to '34 Backing Plates To Bendix

39 vote(s)
    5.4%
  9. 9: Giving the Repro 32 Dash Some Style

17 vote(s)
    2.3%
  10. 10: Save That Sweet Horn

42 vote(s)
    5.8%
  11. 11: Simplifying Suspension

107 vote(s)
    14.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Who does the nominations for the final list of contestants?

2. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Wow, this is a close one!

3. Nothing wrong with the way things are done now. I think that the winnings are a plus but the real reason to post tech during tech week or not is to get information out there that someone can use.

If this is a democracy I vote to just leave it the way that it is.

4. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pnb'r, I agree.

We'll probably have to have a vote on how to vote.........

5. KCsledz

KCsledz

I am all about the bead roller! Not the top in the poll but I respect that kind of thinking that went into making new dies.

6. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

I'm reminded of a free bar-b-que I attended, there were complaints that only hot dogs and hamburgers were offered. No cheese or drinks were included. Ryan, you keep up what you are doing. Many of us, probably the major majority; appreciate the tech week and have learned from each and every one.

7. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

I voted. It was a very tough call, thats for sure!
    I'm quite grateful for ALL the entries, we all learn good stuff. Thanks Ryan and Shane!

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I didnt realize there would be cuts either. Neither of my choices ( the $20 steering column and Sams rear suspension deal ) made the cut.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  9. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

I remember when I had my first beer...

10. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

Actually it's more of a benevolent dictatorship. Ain't it?

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I always vote for the tech article that I believe that will be the most useful to the most people and can be done with the equipment a guy or gal has in their home garage with very little outside help.
    Several in the original 41 are very impressive but require outside help to accomplish for 80% of us or have a limited use for a lot of us.

The V windshield article is probably the one that I will actually refer back to in the next few months and with a few tweaks use on a project.
    The axle repair one will probably answer those questions for more guys with axle issues and help them decide if they can fix it them selves now or just need to pack the axle up and ship it off on the brown truck to have it done.

12. It is good the way it is. Maybe it just needs to be stated at the begining for the noob's that there is a cut.

I contributed to a tech week a while back, not cut worthy, but helpful to some. Thats what is great about it, sharing info.

Good Job Ryan. I'm sure I don't say that enough.

13. These tech week competitions always remind what a great information resource the HAMB is and how there are so many talented innovators & fabricators.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  14. Just a suggestion but why not limit the final list to PAID ALLIANCE MEMBERS, you know, the ones that actually support the HAMB, not just the whining posers.

15. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

I don't think that's fair. I would love to be an alliance member to help support this wonderful place we call the hamb......but I'm poor. I know its not that much in the scheme of things, but it's a half tank of gas, or a part that I need, NOT want...etc. And I know there are those out there a lot worse off than most of us that could really use some nice new equipment that otherwise they could NEVER afford. Why not just kick out all hambers that make less than $$$ a year......see where that would be heading. Just because someone isnt an alliance member doesnt make em a poser. Look at what the "wining posers" put up for tech week. Pretty good stuff. I was suprised a couple didnt make it. I personally am glad they are on board.

As for the cut, I think the cut is needed to keep up the stiff competition and really get some good tech out there. Tech is why I signed up on here, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Look at all the good stuff that was produced in the last couple of weeks....That's what it's about my friends. Thanks to all involved to make this happen.

16. It made it in... #11

Sam

17. Beau

Beau

Took the words right out of my mouth. I honestly wish I saw more tech threads and less fluff.

Big thanks to the site and the sponsors for the motivation. All of the entries helped me out in some way.

18. LegacyIndustrial

LegacyIndustrial
    from NJ

Well I can tell you nothing this cool happens on the Garage Journal!! (just kidding Ryan).
    Congratulations to the finalists and everyone who contributed.

19. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I don't know who picks, but I've got a good idea. I didn't know there would be cuts, but this was my first entry. I don't know how they decided on who got picked, but they didn't ask my opinion.

Here's what I DO KNOW... Ryan and the team do a good job of running this show, and I'm proud to be a member. I've entered plenty of races and didn't make the finals, if you haven't then what made you think you would win anyway? If anything I contributed to this helped ONE person with their Hot Rod, then that works for me.

Would I have LOVED to have all that cool shit in my garage....? Hell Yeah...!

If you didn't make the cut... It's time to step up your game for the next "Tech Week". That's what I'll be doing.

20. Man, what a great tech week. I've got to say, the quality of the tech articles this time around was top notch.

Thanks to all who contributed, and to the guys that didn't make the cut, thanks too...

There was a time when there weren't any prizes...it was just tech week, and a guy would contribute for the sake of contributing...and any OT post would be deleted.

21. I miss when tech week was all tech & no bs posts. Just to clear the room.

22. redroaddog

redroaddog

what hillbilly said!!!:cool:

23. I don't know who picks the finalists for tech week either, I'm assuming Ryan and Shane have a voice...

But whoever does it does a great job of both weeding out the mediocre tech threads, and giving us a good balance of chassis, body, tools, etc. to vote on.

Sometimes this means a good tech thread doesn't make the cut. But the information is still there for the rest of us to use. Wasn't that the whole point of tech week in the first place?

24. Yes but even a dictator likes to know if you are on his side. :D

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Jesus god... This is a close one!

26. Then you could not have done a better job of choosing. Kudos friend.

27. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

An exact tie for first! This may need a photo finish!

28. silent rick

silent rick

so any of you guys buying votes?:) shot and a beer maybe?

29. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

It's gonna be a tight one!!!!

30. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

It was a tough one. For me it was between the brake bleeder and the bendix brake conversion....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.