Yeah, I always seem to miss tech week with my how-to's, but what the hell! Here's a project I just finished for the 61 Dodge I've been fooling with. It has a 2 bbl carb, and the chrome air filter that it had was lost, or is still in the owner's garage somewhere. While I wait to find a nice 3 x 2 manifold, or an aluminum 4 bbl one, I have to live with the Stromberg WW carb. So I wanted to make a nice cover for it. At first I planned on making something very "Jetsons" for it. Wild...incorporating the different colors I have on the car. But as I worked on it, it soon transformed into a more conservative, classy even, simple design. So subtle, I even opted to paint it gloss black, with just a bit of paint highlite on it. I started with a foreign car oval shaped air filter I found at AutoZone. I traced the outline of it onto MDF (medium density fiberboard) to make a hammer form. I made 2 pieces, so I could sandwich the sheet metal (16 or 18 ga) between them, and hammer out the edges.