Register now to get rid of these ads!

History tasca ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimv, Oct 31, 2009.

1. richie rebel

richie rebel

thats a 62 i believe

els likes this.
  2. richie rebel

richie rebel

thats a 62,just saying

Deuces and els like this.
  3. alanwoodieman

alanwoodieman

anybody ever heard of Cliff O'Brien that was suppossed to be involved in some of Tasca's engine/head work?

Deuces, els and Gearhead864 like this.
  4. guffey

guffey

Cliff Brien was Gas Ronda's mechanic during the 65 and 66 period with the Cammer Mustangs maybe even later with the funny cars. Jody can probably add to that

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  5. WOW Great story

6. Sleeper_6

Sleeper_6
    from Mass

Great storys here. I went down there in 1965/66. Front row of cars had 65/66 GT350s. I wonder what ever happened to the customized Mustang that was in the show room at that time. Have pics somewhere around here.

7. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

My father in law owned the Tasca 505 Mustang for a while back in the 70's. Paul Harvey, the Ford dealer in Indy got it from Tasca and later sold it to my father in law. It was super fast for those days. It ran easy 12.70's just smoking the tires. He would drive it almost daily back and forth to work with 4.30 gears on the hiway. Finally kicked a rod one day and I pulled the engine and could not believe all the cool tricks the car had in the engine.Venolia pistons,stroker crank,teflon buttons,a camshaft with no stampings or marks and some big valves in the heads. Also had dual quads and the standard try y's. I think it ended up being like 330 c.i. It also was customized by the Alexander Bros. I put it back together with a new Boss 302 block and stock 271 hp rotating stuff. He sold it shortly after and it was missing for years. The current owner sent us pics but won't disclose where it is. Google search Tasca 505 and you can find a lot of info. O/T for the HAMB though......sorry.

8. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Check out post 67. I didn't read your post until just now. I have the answer for you on the Tasca/Alexander Bros custom Mustang. ^^^^^^^

9. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

505 hp from a stroked 289 to 325 CI with 11.34 compression and the car ran 12's with 3.89 gears in 1965, labeled as the Perfect Performance Car I don't buy it

Attached Files:

10. Sleeper_6

Sleeper_6
    from Mass

Wow.. The power of the net !!! Thanks for posting that ! :cool:

11. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

my sons and I were at the old Tasca dealership several years back when they had a car show there.Bill Lawton was there with his Maroon TBolt and made several passes in the parking lot, They also had Frank Hawley there and were giving away paid Driving school classes at his school. I forget what class his car was he had there from the school but they put several people in it and had them do launches Bob Tasca the 3rd and I believe it was his sister both made passes.Bob I believe had jusat returned from Franks school after getting his lisence and his sister was going to the school after the show.What was funny as hell was they must of made 6 or 8 full power launches in the School car and everything was fine. Now bill Lawton made a couple passes in his Tbolt well on the first pass in the same exact lane set up for the other car Bill Hammers the TBolt and i bet 30 car alarms went off! None of them did anything for the School car but man Sales people were running wild for 10 or 15 minutes trying to find keys and killing car alarms in the new cars in the lot.We only got to see 2 passes by Bill because he kept setting off alarms!It was a great day !

12. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

japar, Can you tell me what issue and mag has that 505 feature story in it? Would love to find a copy for our family since my father in law once owned that car.

13. This 1967 Thunderbird is for sale on Hemmings.com.
    Tasca-Bird II it's called.
    Also customized by the A Bros.

Attached Files:

14. George Klass

George Klass
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

els likes this.
  15. thunderplex

thunderplex

That's a 62 gal.

Posted using the full custom, V8, 4-speed app, rolling down highway 41.

16. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Great story about a really nice family.

In many ways Tasca put Ford on the drag racing map back in the day.

Watching them run the Thunder Bolt car was really cool back in the mid 60's

It's hard to even mention the word Ford without including Tasca right along with it. That's how important they were in helping Ford become a power house in drag racing.

Jimbo

17. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

This is my tribute. Trunk lid of my Fairlane. It's fantasy but I had to have it.

Attached Files:

18. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

Here's a shot of the Mystery 7 at Tasca's 777 Taunton ave location. Tasca purchased property just up the street in Seekonk Ma and opened up a LM dealership. They still operate in Seekonk Ma and Cranston RI today. The property was leased by Ford and a couple different Ford dealers sold cars there but was finally sold. here's what it looks like today, the last shot is where they kept the race cars

Attached Files:

19. Anyone know where the '62 is now? A friend of mine bought it, back in the seventys, after it was raced under the "Dunn Ford" banner.......................It was a fun street car!

20. The Tasca's did not own this car. It was a local to them racer that they sponsored. This is a good shot of the car.

els likes this.
  21. Tasca has at least 2 '62's. They has the SS "steel" car and the AFX "glass" car. As far as I know neither have been found. The '62 AFX car was not rebodied as a '63 as many other '62 AFX cars were. From what I've been told the Tasca '63 lightweight Galaxie still survives.

22. Car Fox

Car Fox

I have been looking for that car, the trail goes cold after some guy "MIKE" I think out of RI sold it. That car was a keeper just like the BOSS 429

Attached Files:

23. pappatyrone

pappatyrone

Look under the grille on all of Force's funny cars

els likes this.
  24. Sleeper_6

Sleeper_6
    from Mass

Anything new on the Tasca 505 ??

25. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Nope,still in hiding. The only news is on theponysite.

26. Sleeper_6

Sleeper_6
    from Mass

I did find a few pics of it when it was new. oh well I can relate.. I have one hiding there also 6S2378. :p

27. Wreckingball

Wreckingball

What color were the 62s'?

28. Mike is a friend of mine..........he asked me to check on the car. The guy that bought the car from him was a sailor stationed in New Port RI. He could be anywhere now, but Mike thinks he might have been from the midwest............That's all I have.
    The '62 was repainted red!

29. A guy in Melbourne, Australia, just built this '63 T-bolt replica. It's got a few more cubes than 427 though. :)

[​IMG]

els and loudbang like this.
  30. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

[​IMG]
    This book was passed around my club meeting last night. Bob McClurg is the author I think. It looked like a very good book on the history of TASCA Ford. I saw it on Amazon this morning too.

els and loudbang like this.