Register now to get rid of these ads!

Talking about shop equipment etc. on the HAMB vs Garagejournal

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by squirrel, Jul 31, 2015.

1. silent rick

silent rick

i'm heading out to my garage to get something done

2. squirrel

squirrel

I guess this explains it.

I live in a different world than Ryan lives in.

3. Me and you both Jim! :D HRP

[​IMG]

4. I'm a member of both. I have hundreds of saved threads here, not so on GJ. I do check in over there once in a while. Overall I prefer the people and build styles here. The actual knowledge base for building and fabricating is better here.

5. squirrel

squirrel

I remembered my username and password, and spent some time reading some of the Garage Journal. There doesn't seem to be much there for me. I resisted the urge to reply to the guy asking if he should drill holes in his brand new workbench, so he could mount a little vise on it. But a couple other guys gave appropriately snarky replies.

I guess I'll just continue to try to sneak a few useful answers about shop stuff onto the HAMB while no one is looking.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You and I live in different worlds man...

7. lump

lump

Hmmm....different world than me too. I have gotten SO much help on equipment I needed to repair, tools I wanted to source or find, etc. I'll hang around on both forums, even though I don't have a "traditional street rod" myself, and even though my garage is cluttered with antiques, tools, and too much (?) equipment. Best wishes to all.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Lump, Are you talking about the Garage site? bob

9. lump

lump

Bob, yes indeed. I've bought used equipment and needed advice on repairs, etc. Such as floor jacks, old corded electric tools, bench grinders, battery chargers, etc. It seems that there is always someone on Garage Journal that has experience with the items I have, and is normally happy to offer help and information. Plus, I simply LIKE older USA or European-made tools, and enjoy talking about them, and trading with other guys to fill in old sets that I have.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks I'll have to look through the Martha Stewart stuff to find those things I can relate to. Bob