Register now to get rid of these ads!

talked alot of shhtuff but never posted pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tomcantdoit, Jun 8, 2009.

1. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

2. ok but dont be late cuz thats 10 points off:rolleyes:

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Shit!

I thought i grew out of that:D

all i can hope for is to understand how you came up with your spring rate, ride height, full extension, full compression, and where they sit when at ride height..
    mine might be a bit different..due to running fenders..
    probably not enough to make that much difference

4. 00 MACK

00 MACK

The thing looks RIGHT

5. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

sweet.........really sweet

6. iMPAKS

iMPAKS
    from raleigh nc

how's this color :)

Attached Files:

7. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Nice:D, how about these?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The blue one a darker blue frame.

8. um no 90s pastels thank you very much:rolleyes:

9. yeah i was also thinking of a black frame with an almost stock body color, with pinstrping all the way around the body lines. kind of like the restorod look if that makes sense.

oh yea dont worry the bucket seats are being replaced with some low back 65 mustang seats:cool:

10. How about taking it down to a super dark color combo of two shades......
    that you have to come rite up to view to see the true color it is...........?

11. It is very hard to mix styles and make it work. You did good.
    I'm liking your idea, how about an orriginal '30s era shade maroon or dark red close to your Dad's car with black frame and body line stripes?

12. sort of like the doyle gammel coupe, where it looks black from a distance but when you walk up its a dark brown???

13. yes thats what im thinking, now if only some one would photoshop that for me, hint hint;);)

14. -Brent-

-Brent-

I agree!

15. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

Looks good, when you going to get it out of the back yard and on the road?

16. now that sir is a damn good question

17. :DSaw a car at a show this past weekend that looked black, but when you got real
    close it was the coolest shade of a deep forest green...........but hey it is lookin real
    good what you are doing so far......I'm sure you will come up with the color when
    the time is rite!:cool:

18. A few weeks ago there was an older gentleman with an orriginal 40 Ford Tudor at a local cruise. He is into 1940 vehicles, has several Fords and GMs, and collects all the literature and Automobilia etc to go along with them. Anyway, he had an orriginal 1940 Ford/Mercury paint chip card with some awesome shades of red. My point being look at other brands & years 'till you find a shade you like(no flake or pearl for a factory look though).

19. there was a realy nice looking 32 tudor on here a few months ago that had a heavy chop and what looked to be the original blue color. now that was a nice color, and would look goot with some pinstripes to accent it, and a black frame. i dont want to get to busy with the paint job, there is already alot going on wityh the suicide doors.

20. Lookin Good!... I saw a candy rootbeer on one that was just beautiful black fenders of course!

21. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

How about this red? Same as Clark's A sport coupe.
    [​IMG]

22. oooooo my lady in red

23. NoelNYC

NoelNYC

Tom, good talk'in to you last night... like I said.... focus to the end, you won't regret it, besides its only the beginning.
    -Noel

24. good talking to you too, it was a very interesting conversation. well ill see you to night for revenge.

25. bonesy

bonesy

I really like the rolling stock. I don't know how you couldn't match up your pop's color on the body. I would have to go that exact maroon, full hood, painted A shell with a black frame.

I remember seeing your dad's car running around, I can't wait to see your's.

Very cool.

26. thanks bonesy. but it still does not compare to yuor old 32 roadster, that thing was so beautiful.:D im still far from painting the car so alot can change between that time, i could end up going psycho andd chop the car up with an axe...jk. i dont think i could ever do that, but i know i was tempted to when i was doing the doors, that shit pissed me off:mad: i will get there soon enough but right now money is tight, i do however have enough parts to keep me busy.

27. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Three words. 1962 Corvette Honduras Maroon. OK, so its 3 words and a bunch of numbers. Don't be so technical;)

Frank

28. lol, just googled it and i got 2 words effin sweet!!!!

29. OK, wow its been along time since i posted some pictures of my model a... i got sidetracked with dj'ing, and the bullshit that a youngun like me gets involved in (no not hard drugs) i gave up all that shit, well i still DJ at home, but drinking, and parting with my friends in gone. since then I've lose 35lbs, reconnected with my girlfriend, and sparked a new passion for my model a.

i was in my pops garage one day and realized i have almost everything to make this car happen. so, i decided to start the build process again, and hopefully have the car running by my pops 70th birthday on the 26th of june. i would love to take him for a ride it would make his day.

i know this update is not a lot, but at least it is something. i also found old pictures from when i started building the frame, and started fitting the body on the frame. i will scan those pictures and post them for you guys.

i had to do some final welding on the bottom of the frame, since i went from coil-overs to a 40 spring in the rear. So, i used the cherry picker to flip the frame while i did the welding, pretty easy for one man to do.

[​IMG]

with the frame back on the ground it is almost 100% minus the fuel lines and i need to make some clearance adjustments to the wishbones for the tie-rods.

[​IMG]

my brother in-law and i (500lbs+/-) jumped on the back of the frame to see if any binding, or bottoming out happened, and nothing... the shackles went to the right degree and everything was golden. i did had to move the c notches because.... hey, this is my first build, and i messed up a bit nothing major, i learned from it.

next is the body off the frame and ready for some minor fab work. i am also going to fit the 32 Chevy tank in the back of the sedan where the seat went... the doors are still suicide and i plan on running 32 door handles swapping side, so they will look like the suicide doors were meant for the model a.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i also took the 355 i had for this and had to use on my off topic Chevelle that's my daily driver... so, i went out and got an early 68 327 with camel hump heads, a large journal FORGED crank, and an L-79 cam(don't have yet tying to work that out) should SCREAM with the 3 strombergs...

back from the machine shop, wrapped like its my b-day

[​IMG]

FORGED crank

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

box-o-pistons-n-parts

[​IMG]

NOS corvette valves should look nice

[​IMG]

4 shelves full of parts

[​IMG]

could use a better one of these but hey it was FREE

[​IMG]

well thats it... i really wanna finsih this car and im not trying to do an add here... but hey if you need any of my parts i have for sale pm me:cool:

thanks for looking
    tom

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  30. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

I remember when I was young and got side tracked with chicks & drinkingthen like you I refound my way! Keep up the good work it will all pay of the first time you turn the key and take it for a spin....