Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods T Touring built in 1963 and still running strong.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Squablow

Squablow

Very cool car, would love to see some real early pictures of it. The pic above is great, does appear to be the same car. Looks like some stuff has changed, but nothing real major.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. Two very cool cars!

John and I are the same age; all I could do was read little car mags and dream about hotrods. He got it done.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. 40coupefan

40coupefan
    from Trumann,AR

4. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Danny, thanks for posting the pics of John's Tub. Not sure if you've heard my story about it but I'll try to keep it short. In 1978 two magazine articles had small black & white profile pics of the T at Timonium. When I saw them I was hooked and knew I'd build something similar one day. Been collecting parts ever since - '26 T Touring body, A frame, '39 flathead drive train etc. etc. Fast forward to 3 or 4 years ago. Started asking east coast guys if anyone remembered the T. Finally at a coffee cruise here in Florida I asked "Steve" if he remembered the car. He said sounds like John's T, we we both in the Philidelphia Modifiers. Steve got me in touch with John and I stopped in to see him on my next trip to SC. I expected to find it covered up in the barn needing who knows what to get it road worthy again. Was oh so happy when John opened the garage door, jumped in and fired it up and backed it out in the yard so I could take about 50 pictures. What a pleasure to meet John and finally see the car that's haunted me for almost 40 years. The only difference I noted between the '78 pics and now is that it had 4 wire wheels and cycle fenders back then. Which I plan to duplicate on mine. Hard to believe I was able to finally track it down, meet John, and get to go over it from top to bottom. Thanks again Danny and thanks to John for keeping this time capsule together and running strong for all these years. Here's one of my pics of John and his T.

Lee

Looks like it didn't copy. I'll keep trying.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    HOTRODPRIMER and kidcampbell71 like this.
  5. Lee,post the photo please.

John is the salt of the earth and I am happy to call him my friend and to post photo's of his T.

This car deserves all the accolades. HRP

6. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Very cool car ! I don't even want back the car I had when I was 17. Took me years to get what I really wanted.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Lee,I sent you a conversation. HRP

8. Danny I know you do not fit in that To_O It is cool that he has owned it that long . :cool: I wish I kept a few!:rolleyes:

9. Lee sent me this photo of John sitting in the car. HRP

image1.jpeg

10. And by the looks of the photo you have about 16" on him! :eek: Proved my point!:p

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. Mark,there is no way on Gods Green Earth I would fit in that T with the top on,Brenda just barely squeezed in,but as the old adage goes.....it fit's John like a T.:D HRP

12. And that's the way it should be:cool:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. You betcha! HRP

14. It would be nice to see a car like this with a long history to be featured in a magazine like Rodders Journal or Hop Up. HRP

15. Second That!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. John has them mounted low on the front and uses them for turn signals.

Yes Tim,it is Johns car. HRP

17. I missed this one. HRP

258.JPG

18. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

See............ Touring's have more Fun!
    [​IMG]
    Killer Tub!!

19. You bet,I have always liked all the tourings,T's thru Model 40's.

20. Such a cool car. I had seen pictures of it as a kid, pretty sure it had some influence on my T. I had a top planned for my touring similar to this.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. Do you have any photo's of your T? HRP

22. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

Way Cool. I used to see these a lot during the sixties and early seventies. I do not know why people got away from them. Remember Little John's 27 2-door sedan. I think that car is still around and still way a ahead of its time. Let's bring this this styling back

23. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

A very good friend of mine is friends with John,From up here in PA. and he showed me that car back in the late 70's,I am glad that John and his car are still around.

24. Very cool cars. I like them both...but the 3 window is outstanding.
    Thanks for posting the photos and story HRP

25. Way cool.

Studebaker headlights turned sideways?