Register now to get rid of these ads!

Surfer Scoop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tmacracin, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Well here is the story from my page with the album, this is the short story, but for more info into this young man, look at the links on my album.

This car is a local infamous legend, the previous owner having brought together a group of boys and forming a car club ( the Street Kings Motor Club) before his demise at the age of 17 in 1979. We were classmates and I began to know more of Aaron Robinson as he inspired me to be a gearhead, his '42 Chevy was the first car that I remember that had flames and told "This is a hot rod" at the tender age of 11 in 1974. The family farm had been sold in '04 and the '42 out in the back pasture was sold off by the new owner of the farm. Aarons nephew, Jeremy McKelvey, and I have been friends and I had made mention that the '42 missing bothered me and he made the steps to find it over time and help me secure it in Dec '09 and the owner at the time from El Reno did not want to sale it but relented when the stories of our youth were presented,and kicked in some choice missing '42 only parts, thanks Ron. Now to retrive information of Aarons build ideas and make plans, gather parts and see if we can make him proud. We know he wanted to build a BBC/4 speed street/gasser style car, and had named it after the Troggs song "Wild Thing", and we shared a lot of time brousing thru the Honest Charlie, Blair Speed Shop, and even JC Whitney catalogs circling the key parts we would buy when the money of adulthood came, but for some it just never does...........

2. DooDooHead

DooDooHead
    from Big Sur

Great Post On The WILD THING Hot Rod!

Thanks for the info and im sure its going to be bad ass when done, let me know if I can help in any way.

3. voodooKustomz

voodooKustomz

we make them

Attached Files:

4. voodooKustomz

voodooKustomz

here are some more pix of the a scoop being made by Carlos Zuniga at Zunigas Metal Works.and available through VoodooKUstomz

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      5.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      6.4 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      5.8 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      5.7 KB
      Views:
    • 56.jpg
      56.jpg
      File size:
      4.9 KB
      Views:
    • 67.jpg
      67.jpg
      File size:
      3.8 KB
      Views:
  5. voodooKustomz

voodooKustomz

one more

Attached Files:

• 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      6.4 KB
      Views:
  6. Harris

Harris

Here's a oddball question, does Go Fast Fiberglass have a website? I tried a google search and kept pulling up a boat repair place in Kentucky!?

7. Did you try a p.m. to him, his screen name is GasserGlass

8. GasserGlass

GasserGlass
    from York PA.

GOFASTFIBERGLASS.COM or [email protected] or You can contact me...... I Am Him.... Them.... Us..... Go Fast Fiberglass.... aka Randy.... AKA The Glass Shop.....

9. GasserGlass

GasserGlass
    from York PA.

ummmmmmmmmm Looks Just Like The BIG DADDY" Ed Roth Tribute Scoop that I made for the Roth Family (Dennis Roth) and have been making and selling for years and years........ I have THIS Style scoop in fiberglass with the CARB HOLES already in it......... Good Looking Scoop No Mater What Its Made Out Of........... Some Photo Examples

Attached Files:

10. ^^^ I've used one of Randy's scoops - Very nice stuff. Quality is top-notch. ^^^

11. DooDooHead

DooDooHead
    from Big Sur

Daddy-O, I have to agree with you 1000%. I've used Randy's scoops in the past and even have a few of them on my latest hot rods. Top Notch Quality that stands alone. His personalty matches his craftsmanship.

I cant wait to get the 1960 Chevrolet hood and front fenders that hes making for my Impala!

12. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

What is Randy's ebay name?

13. GasserGlass

GasserGlass
    from York PA.

41willyscoupe .... is the EBAY name

14. voodookustomz, do you still sale the metal surfer scoops? Or does anyone else?

15. Does anyone know of a metal surfer scoop????

16. Deuces

Deuces

I have the 1/6 scale replica of the GB&P 392 Hemi engine...

17. Is randy still making scoops?