Register now to get rid of these ads!

super 97 carbs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gobel, Mar 1, 2013.

1. gobel

gobel
    from ma

Has anyone used the 97 carbs that speedway sells. I need three Thanks Gobel

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Do a search here on the HAMB................lots of commentary and drama when Speedway released the 9 super 7. I believe it's Uncle Max that did an evaluation of the carb and as I remember it was not too flattering. He is a master on the 97 (the real/original one).

Frank

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Some reading

Attached Files:

4. Search Jere Jobe here, he did a lengthy eval when tese came out.

5. All I can say is we have sold the super 97's since speedway intoduced them,both from our website and vend trailer, shipped them world wide and have never had even one complaint.....

6. flatmotor40

flatmotor40
    from georgia

Got 2 one my flathead and had no trouble at all

7. silent rick

silent rick

why stop there? they look about as good as adapting hemi valve covers to a sbc.

8. Truth is 70% of guys cant tell the difference by looking at them once they are on .....We sell them we have had good feedback,give volume discounts and they work..I really dont see aproblem here!!!

9. bobscogin

bobscogin

The "problem" always seems to be with the elitist among us who believe if it isn't "original" it has to be junk. As for the "evaluations" done by renown Stromberg gurus, does anyone really think that individuals who service, rebuild, and sell parts for Strombergs are going to praise a new replacement that offers an alternative to their services? :D

Bob

10. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I take it you didn't read Jere Jobe's review. If he was lying, he'd surely be sued for libel/slander by now. As for looks, they're pretty close to the originals so your "original" comment is misplaced.

I have no dog in this hunt, but the repop British 97s have been praised while the Super 97s have been trashed in the writeups.

11. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

well 9 out of 10 people will write down a complaint rather then take the time for praise! just saying i was thinking about buying the new repops because the 94's or 97's i am using seem to be not edependable. they are good for cruzin around but dont think that i would trust them on a x country trip

12. Not everone is willing to pay 500+ for a new carb or have to wait on a list to get one....I think just like every other anti speedway post.....some guys that add their 2 cents can't honestly say they never bought any thing from them. They are the largest parts supplier for a reason.. I am a Speedway Motors dealer and not only sell their stuff, I also use it in my builds...THERE I SAID IT OUTLOUD!!

13. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nine out of Ten Chinese hotrodders can't be wrong...
    There, I said it.

14. there you go..........there a comedian in every crowd!!!

Attached Files:

15. subdajj

subdajj

16. Same could be said in reverse for the guys that sell the new ones. :cool: